Options

Odd songs people have requested while spinning.

edited February 2008 in Strut Central
"Do you have My name is Luca?"~some dude in Cambridge

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's a dope song.

• A few weeks ago this real attractive broad asked for "either some Swollen Members or Mac Dre".

• and yo, I played "Tears of a Clown" last night and some muh'fucker said "Is this the Beatles?"

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The Soundtrack to the Goofy Movie. As in Disney.

THANKS SANTA CRUZ.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    [/thread]

• Options
    [/thread]

Isn't that by Seal?

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    i wouldn't know.

but seriously, like when I'm doing a long sweet soul set, some bozo always walks up and asks for some Otis Redding deep southern fried "jam". Open your ears ya idiot

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    A few weeks ago this real attractive broad asked for "either some Swollen Members or Mac Dre".

It's the "either" that's f---ing me up right now.

• I was spinning a lengthy set of soul and funk, and some kid comes up and asks (with a straight face) if I have any KISS...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Requesting anything while someone is DJing is wack. Muthafuckers don't go to gigs and tell bands hey can you do a cover of the new Britney song....

BTW so what did you play for the attractive lady? Swollen Members or Mac Dre?

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I was spinning a lengthy set of soul and funk, and some kid comes up and asks (with a straight face) if I have any KISS...

All old music is the same to these kids. It probably wouldn't have seemed such a big stretch for him.

• BTW so what did you play for the attractive lady? Swollen Members or Mac Dre?

I HIT HER WITH SOME DJ SHADOW "3 FREAKS". BACHPACH + BHAY RHAPP= PROBLEM SOLVED.

Seriously though, I played California Livin' and she was all .

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I was spinning a lengthy set of soul and funk,
    and some kid comes up and asks (with a straight face) if I have any KISS...

OLD SCHOOL FUNKY DISCO FIRE LOOPS

• BTW so what did you play for the attractive lady? Swollen Members or Mac Dre?

I HIT HER WITH SOME DJ SHADOW "3 FREAKS". BACHPACH + BHAY RHAPP= PROBLEM SOLVED.

Seriously though, I played California Livin' and she was all .

didnt you know, the only mac dreezey that matters to those thizzlamistan kiddies is thizzle dance, and maybe boss tycoonin (which really does slap hard). you shoulda played dredio and then gone into some electro freestyle.

see-you-tee-tee-aych-oh-aye-tee.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

didnt you know, the only mac dreezey that matters to those thizzlamistan kiddies is thizzle dance, and maybe boss tycoonin (which really does slap hard). you shoulda played dredio and then gone into some electro freestyle.

see-you-tee-tee-aych-oh-aye-tee.

really ???

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The all-time fave bizarro request I received was at a bar I spun at years and years ago. I can't remember exactly what I was playing at the time, but it was during the late eighties, so it was probably some current rap hit of the day like "Set It Off", "Mighty Hard Rocker" or "It Takes Two". Anyway, the following exchange took place between me and this girl;

Girl: "Can you play Whitesnake?"
    Me: "Er, no, sorry - I haven't got any Whitesnake records with me"
    Girl: "What about Meatloaf? Have you got any Meatloaf? You must have some Meatloaf?"
    Me: "No, I'm afraid I don't have any Meatloaf either - it's not really the kind of thing I play down here"
    Girl (with a look of disbelief): "And you call yourself a DJ!??"

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Girl: "What about Meatloaf? Have you got any Meatloaf? You must have some Meatloaf?"
    Me: "No, I'm afraid I don't have any Meatloaf either - it's not really the kind of thing I play down here"

Oh, jeez. Don't get me started. I think all of us can quote this exact exchange from all of our DJ careers with different bands in place of Whitesnake and Meat Loaf.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Oh, jeez. Don't get me started. I think all of us can quote this exact exchange from all of our DJ careers with different bands in place of Whitesnake and Meat Loaf.

My favorite exchange begins like this:

"This music sucks! Play something else!"

Of course, Becky has no idea what she would like to hear, but elects to stand and stare at me for what seems like an eternity.

• Some girl asked if I would play some Biggy? Which was not that big of a deal, except for the fact that some Biggy was playing at the time of the asking.

Oh, someone asked for Toto. When I said no on the request. She went to her car and brought me the cd for her to play. When I said no I don't have a cd player. She went and got one... I was so impressed at her need for Toto that, I hooked it all up and let her rock her joints.

• That's a dope song.

only when Homer sings it.

• Options
    Some girl asked if I would play some Biggy? Which was not that big of a deal, except for the fact that some Biggy was playing at the time of the asking.

Oh, someone asked for Toto. When I said no on the request. She went to her car and brought me the cd for her to play. When I said no I don't have a cd player. She went and got one... I was so impressed at her need for Toto that, I hooked it all up and let her rock her joints.

I hope you made her realize how dope Poor Georgie is. Toto fans sleep.
    Rosanna does have nice drums though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    a brown becky axed me for some Fiona Apple when she had mad buzz.......