i want to slap this bitch

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited July 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
Dear Anthony Pearson,

There is this uptight new law clerk here who i would say hi to at the beginning and then she would just like look away and not say shit, like she was either really shy or socially retarded. she was really weird about it, almost like she was going out of her way to not say hi and would look away at the ceiling or at her mug and shit. i thought it was because she was new and maybe still getting acclimated to her new office environment. but then i realized that everytime i walk by her cube she is a perky lil motor-blabbermouth with her cube neighbors, like a chihuahua that has the ability to speak legalese. what the hell? i gave up on saying hi and all i do is glare at her now when she is in the kitchenette with me and i actually think i kind of intimidate her now, which i am ok with. this is one of those seinfeldian situations that confuse me. around me, cat's got her tongue, can't get a single 'hi' outta her but around others, she's this annoying hyperactive chatty chihuahua, that kind that keeps interrupting people because they are dying to talk. Should I just try saying hi again or keep glaring silently instead?

Miss Damn

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    I'm no AP but why dont you just step to baby and ask her if she got some drama with you?

or maybe shes nervous cause you got a bad rep at your job... kinda like on seinfeld (since you used it first) when that chick thought elaine was a slut or something like that and wouldnt drink out of her water bottle or be near her and shit...

anyway... those are my thoughts...

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    what about co-workers that play annoying as 94' emo rock while I'm trying to listen to the SUPERHEAD mp3... I want to slap them bitches

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Do you know any of the cube neighbor buddies that she talks with? Maybe you could be "introduced" to her by one of them. That might break the ice. It dosen't make much sense for her to be so unfriendly right off the bat without some sort of personal prejudice or something. Usually in those situations with new employees, they go out of their way to be nice for a while until they learn the lay of the land and cast of characters in the workplace. Try to get to her through a mutual friend.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    sound slike she has intimidatedbitch syndrome...very common in the high stress workplace

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    This may or may not make you feel better, but it sounds like you're the lucky one. If she's half as annoying as you claim, you're better off avoiding conversation with her.

This may or may not make you feel better, but it sounds like you're the lucky one. If she's half as annoying as you claim, you're better off avoiding conversation with her.

co-sign

• I say fight her. that way she will never be confused of who really runs shit.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    sounds like she has intimidated syndrome...

co-sign.

don't bother with her. her loss. if and when she thaws out, maybe you'll still want to get to know her and if not...her loss again.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    step to her in the kitchenette and start telling her how your chihuaua eats (fill in the blank with whatever she's eating), how much your chihuaua loves it, yaps for it when you come in the door, etc. Then walk out.

Try to imitate her chirpiness when you do it.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    I say fight her. that way she will never be confused of who really runs shit.

step to her in the kitchenette and start telling her how your chihuaua eats (fill in the blank with whatever she's eating), how much your chihuaua loves it, yaps for it when you come in the door, etc. Then walk out.

Try to imitate her chirpiness when you do it.

I can't stop laughing right now... !!!!!! I fully support this act.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    yeah i don't know why it bothers me so much. it's just really curious and weird. i admit i do like her being intimidated by me. i don't hink i've ever intimidated anyone in my life. i'm short and kind of mousey. but when i am standing behind her waiting for the coffee machine, she hurries up and her hands start shaking. it's so funny and illogical.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    ok - i know this might cause this whole thread to go off the rails...but could she have a crush on your fine self?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    ok - i know this might cause this whole thread to go off the rails...but could she have a crush on your fine self?
    That's what I was thinking.

• ok - i know this might cause this whole thread to go off the rails...but could she have a crush on your fine self?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yeah, maybe she wants to put that Marvin Sease mojo on you, Ms. Damn. Stranger things have happened in the workplace.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Co-shig

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    OR....... check this out, this might be a little far fetched............ what if one of the people she's in with, who's a bit jealous of you or somethin, has been bad mouthin you to her... and she's ended up with the wrong impression of you?

Office politics and all that kinda stuff.

Just a brainstorm thought.........

Either way, I think it would be good if you did try and spark up a conversation, just to set the record straight on whats goin on.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Sounds like uptight bitch sydrome. There are people like this in most large work places. They lead small lives so they have to have someone that they are better than or that gives them the "heebe jeebies". It's just crazy psycological weirdness that your better off not having to talk to her. Like the other guy said consider yourself lucky.

My friend works in a factory and the ladies on one side of the factory hate the ladies on the other side of the factory. Their is no reason for it other than having nothing better to to than start drama and talk trash. My friend has to drive the forklift to take orders to each side. And they both always bitch to him about how lazy the other side is and how they're all bitches and don't work hard enough.

Hard to put in words............basically this is how "the man" succeeds in keeping people down. Get people caught up with in-fighting and they'll never fight the system.

BTW do you have a tattoo or a few extra earings or extra fashionable clothes? Some people can't handle anything out of the norm and just immediatly assume your a freak that they better not even talk to your or your devil juice might leak onto them!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I say fight her with kitchen tools .

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Re: i want [color:white]to slap[/color] this bitch

** The sound of most soulstrutters cancelling their Friday plans hoping this turns into their Ultimate Internet Chick-on-Chick Dream Scenario???[/b] **

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Kill her with kindness!

Kill her with kindness!

NAH!!! I still like the Chihuahua bit

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Kill her with kindness!

NAH!!! I still like the Chihuahua bit

Best if you can find out the lady's middle name (without her finding out, of course, but maybe someone in HR can help you). Voila, your Chihuahua has a name. Spook the shit out of her with that one.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

"Hi I'm Ms Damn... Would you like a drink? Let's be friends!!!"[/b]

But seriously... Forget that shit. Unless you ran over her dog or hooked up with her man, there is no reason for her to be givin' you that type of attitute. I say your wayyy better off not even wasting your time. It suck tho.. Cause you can cut negative people like that out of your personal life, but at work you gotta kinda deal with it.

Just do like everyone else does in the office and spit in her coffee when no ones looking! (No, I've never worked in an office, so I don't know if that really happens!)

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    ^ above pick is killing me!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    who is that holding the banner? a dude or chick?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

I'm guessin' a female.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    One mean muggin pissed of chick..I can just hear the caption in my head.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Ms. Damn,

No offense or anything (cause you're good people), but why do women think so damn much about little shit? Why must women make simple situations complicated? In the present situation, respond like a man and forget about it. We would not obsess over some person ignoring us, we'd just say, "fuck it!!!" That's my suggestion. Obsessing about petty shit causes stress, gives people power over you that is unnecessary, and demeans you by making you appear weak emotionally.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak