Sharon Forrester: Reggae-R

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Her version of "Don't Let Me Be Lonely" has been killing me (off the Trojan 70s box). I tried to figure out where this was originally released - 7", LP, whatever. Can't turn up much - anyone know?

Comments

• it got a uk release on an Ashanti 7" in 1974 and was produced by Geoffrey Chung.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You should seek out her "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" on Dice

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    It's also on her s/t LP from 1973.

• You should seek out her "Love Don't Live Here Anymore"

also got a uk Ashanti 7" release in 1974 and also produced by Geoffrey Chung.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Danke, dudes.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im glad u brought this up cause i discovered it this week, on a mix cd a friend gave me.

Is this the S/T album that the James Taylor/Isley Bros cover comes from?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    No dub on the LP.

• Great song, did she do silly wasn't I too?

• did she do silly wasn't I too?

Yes.

Tough tune might i add. also got a uk Ashanti 7" release in 1973.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You should seek out her "Love Don't Live Here Anymore"

No. Produced by D Ellis from '79 and much better than the early 70's version. Music provided by Boris Gardiner and recorded at Aquarius.

• You should seek out her "Love Don't Live Here Anymore"

No. Produced by D Ellis from '79 and much better than the early 70's version. Music provided by Boris Gardiner and recorded at Aquarius.

actually my uk 7" copy on Ashanti credits Geoffrey Chung as the producer from 1974. You may like the later '70s version but i would think that would be a matter of personal preference. while i am a huge fan of early Boris Gardiner my taste leans closer toward to the sixties sound. i'll check for that later version though. thanks for the info.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You should seek out her "Love Don't Live Here Anymore"

actually my uk 7" copy on Ashanti credits Geoffrey Chung as the producer from 1974. You may like the later '70s version but i would think that would be a matter of personal preference. while i am a huge fan of early Boris Gardiner my taste leans closer toward to the sixties sound. i'll check for that later version though. thanks for the info.

Yeah, I try and stay away from the material he recorded with Perry after Barrett brothers left, stuff like the Congos, George Faith's Super Eight, Heptones Party Time, The Super Ape, Roast Fish Collie Wee and Cornbread and even the other stuff from that era like Cedric Brooks United Africa, The DC Dub Connection, etc. What?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    ...and he played bass on Burning Spear's Studio 1 material. So he's a terrible singer, it's a minor blemish.

• you lost me homie. might wanna fade some esl classes or something....

and for the record i wasn't tryna son anyone, just tryna get the OP the info he wanted is all...

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You said you weren't truck to f*ck with late 70's Boris meanwhile his work from that era is legendary...and even the material that you like which you are referencing is from the 70's anyway (Melting Pot, Ghetto Funk, Forrester, Let's Stay Together etc) albeit early.