latin rap

jmstunnerjmstunner 4 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
dam latin rap is coming up. wasnt even into it a few months ago. then a friend was bumping some grp named Akwid. he said they were from LA so i had to check it out. they got a good flow (spanish).

Comments

• oh yeah here's a youtube link of one of their tarcks http://youtube.com/watch?v=KKquTNqNT2Q

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    que?

• dam latin rap is coming up. wasnt even into it a few months ago. then a friend was bumping some grp named Akwid. he said they were from LA so i had to check it out. they got a good flow (spanish).

that's dumb old homie

overall every Latino Rap joint I've come across is either some "pocos pero locos" schtuff or some reggaeton material.

The only latino rappers I mess with is Thes On, Jnero Jarel, y Aloe Blacc

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Jneiro Jarel

Latino?

• Jneiro Jarel

Latino?

"Panama Black"?

I could be wrong.

• worst shit ever. i wish art laboe would stop playing this crap.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Jneiro Jarel

Latino?

"Panama Black"?

I could be wrong.

Yeah, I'd like to know where the "Panama Black" came from because there's a dude here (Jneiro's also from here) named Panama Black that's pretty popular.

• Jneiro Jarel

Latino?

"Panama Black"?

I could be wrong.

Yeah, I'd like to know where the "Panama Black" came from because there's a dude here (Jneiro's also from here) named Panama Black that's pretty popular.

I'm guessing he might be latino as well, because his name,assuming that's his real name, and his second album being called "Brazil". In the end, his first album is dope, the Brazil one [borat]not so much[/borat] but overalls I fucks with him.

How's "art of lost craft" joint? Not a fan of Lex or Doom so I wasn't jumping to peep it.

• nahh they're diff than pocos pero locos. dont get me started on that reggaeotn ish

• Stack that online publicity money, yo!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    dam latin rap is coming up. wasnt even into it a few months ago. then a friend was bumping some grp named Akwid. he said they were from LA so i had to check it out. they got a good flow (spanish).

that's dumb old homie

overall every Latino Rap joint I've come across is either some "pocos pero locos" schtuff or some reggaeton material.

The only latino rappers I mess with is Thes On, Jnero Jarel, y Aloe Blacc

you aint checking in the right places. Check out www.hiphopargento.com.ar or www.myspace.com/raptores or www.laconekta.com

Trust me bro, dudes all over the spanish speaking world from argentina to honduras are killing it. Hardcore dirty hip hop no regaytron shit....

you guys heard Yeyo and The DEY? Ill muthafucker from Puerto Rico now based in miami...

• dammm that ish is legit

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I hear Lighter Shade of Brown is blowing up.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    When the weather warms up, I'm going to spin "La Raza".

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    1980 takes it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mesanjarz Of Funk

• i just dusted off my copy of hi-c's im not your puppet and i gotta say tony a. is the fucken dude on this shit. especially the rated xxx bside with all the chops and stuff. anyways, that dude, what happened to him cuz that 12" alone is better than most shit out there period.

• 10 Bass T had a cool track on one of their demos called "Some Say We're Spanish and Some Say We're Black"

And didn't Cypress Hill do an all spanish version of their first album?

• the latest muggs vs. sick jacken is pretty good. harvey would like it. we did some sort of industry thing here for it and all these conspiracy theory big wigs came out for it. i think it was a concept album on all that pyramids and space invaders stuffs.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    yeah man I was over in Argentina a couple of years back, new a fair bit on latino rap (or so i thought) but the dudes I met over there showed me a whole new world...

Firstly most of them don't even bother listening to US hip hop, maybe some do but they dont relate to it, they just jack the beats for their mixtapes!

Secondly the actual spanish speaking hip hop industry is huge... I met cats that had won Latin Grammys and toured the US for 6 months just doing spanish rap shows! But they were underground as fuck, putting out their own c ds back home, no industry support etc. Blew me the fuck away how many crews there are too, like they hook up alot over the internet and dudes from Columbia might do a track with a Chileno MC over a Brazilian Djs beats and post it on an Argentinian hip hop site....

And they do the works. I was at a club in Buenos Aires and dudes were bboying to DMX and JayZ tunes.... the graffitti scene is strong, the dancers are fresh, you walk donw the street and kids are freestyling on the corner, battling, beatboxing, the only area that is lacking a bit id DJing cause of the cost of equipment, but I still seen a few fresh dudes on the 1s and 2s. Alot of the producers also sample of cds/mp3 cus crate digging aint that developed. Most wont sample 'black funk/soul' cus they know its probably been used by US hip hop heads already, so they'll sample shit like Sandro, Nino Bravo, rapahel, or local salsa, cumbia,folklore groups...

To the spanish speaking hip hop heads Madrid/Spain is The Bronx/NY... but I was hearing shit from all over done in their own local dialect and slang and different stles of music, even some hardcore shit from Puerto Rico that WASNT reggaytron...

Any spanish speakers out there that want to expand their knowledge, just jump on the net and start hitting dudes up, they show mad love and are keen as hell to meet other ppl. into hip hop. Im sure I only got to see the tip of the iceberg...

Loko

ps some more dope links
    www.myspace.com/yeyo787

http://www.launion1910.com/

• old school Vico C

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

old school Vico C

Cuba has groups that excellent

the scene is more active/thriving now in brazil and LA(real schitt graemlin)

i always wondered about Vico C he is now a mega christian rapper thanks for sharing