HEDGEHOGS: yay or nay?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
are these animals weird or what. i can't decide if i think they are cute or scary.

Comments

• naw they're cool.

i caught one before in my friends front yard, and my cousin had one as a pet back in college

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    yay.

You have to wrap them in mud before you put them in the fire, that way when they are cooked, you peel off the hard mud and the spines come away with it.

Tastes like chicken.

• yay.

You have to wrap them in mud before you put them in the fire, that way when they are cooked, you peel off the hard mud and the spines come away with it.

Tastes like chicken.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    yay.

Tastes like chicken.

For busy hedgehog enthusiasts on the move:

• yay.

Tastes like chicken.

what do you do with the human looking arms

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    yay.

Tastes like chicken.

UTENSILS

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    hedgehogs rule

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    yay.

Tastes like chicken.

Do tiny little high fives for the amusement of others.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Ron Jeremy aka The Hedgehog

• they always look sneaky & diabolical or like they are smiling. i don't trust them

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

they always look sneaky & diabolical or they like they are smiling. i don't trust them

Yeah, they're shifty. Like the Dutch.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I ride for hedgehogs, but I prefer burrowing owls - they are nature's graemlins.

ice grill

real headz

oof!

nagl

prize czech

i call bullshit

facemelt

• prize czech

or ...

• prize czech

or ...

sittin sideways

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    nature's graemlins.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Hedgehogs are pretty cute, also reasonably good carriers of diseases, so it sort of flipped me out when I was a kid in Canada back in the early 90s & they were a real popular pet. Kids just out on the lawn playing with their hedgehogs like it wasn't anything, if that was New Zealand your folks would kick your ass for playing with diseases.

• the last good sonic game was sonic adventure 2 and even then it is only the sonic portions of the game i'm reffering to. From my point of view sega need to give up on 3d sonic and make a 2d iteration for the home console market. Id be on that like liver spots on rockadelic.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the last good sonic game was sonic adventure 2 and even then it is only the sonic portions of the game i'm reffering to. From my point of view sega need to give up on 3d sonic and make a 2d iteration for the home console market. Id be on that like liver spots on rockadelic.

How does a baller and international ladies man such as yourself have time for video games? The people want to know...

• the last good sonic game was sonic adventure 2 and even then it is only the sonic portions of the game i'm reffering to. From my point of view sega need to give up on 3d sonic and make a 2d iteration for the home console market. Id be on that like liver spots on rockadelic.

How does a baller and international ladies man such as yourself have time for video games? The people want to know...

What else does one do for fun after

1. Running 10 miles

2. Wearing out 5 fine young ladies at once

3. Catnapping on a $10,000 mattress

4. Eating a sandwich of foie gras on ciabata bread

and

5. Logging on to dis SoulStrut Clowns

???

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    soulstrut cowards wasn't it?

I have the feeling I could fold this little dude in half & put him in my pocket

---

• Based on my experience, I would say NO. I was dumb and bought one my freshman year in college for about $80. I named her Quillma. She was a feisty as hell, always making her quills stick up and hissing. It would always get loose and find it's way into my roommate's closet and shit n piss in his shoes (which was kinda awesome since dude was a dick).

At any rate, it's not really a fun pet - You can't cuddle them, they don't fetch or take commands... if anything the only neat thing they do is roll up in a ball. They're nocturnal so forget trying to take them outside to play during the day. They enjoy hiding out in small spaces - mine would spend all her time in a cardboard tube.

Perhaps she just hated me. She did respond to my mom calling her name to feed her. I ended up giving her away to a friend who had a male hedgehog. The end.

• Only thing about a hedgehog, is that if you had one for a pet, you might throw it too much. Those guys look extra throwable.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Based on my experience, I would say NO. I was dumb and bought one my freshman year in college for about $80. I named her Quillma. She was a feisty as hell, always making her quills stick up and hissing. It would always get loose and find it's way into my roommate's closet and shit n piss in his shoes (which was kinda awesome since dude was a dick).

At any rate, it's not really a fun pet - You can't cuddle them, they don't fetch or take commands... if anything the only neat thing they do is roll up in a ball. They're nocturnal so forget trying to take them outside to play during the day. They enjoy hiding out in small spaces - mine would spend all her time in a cardboard tube.

Perhaps she just hated me. She did respond to my mom calling her name to feed her. I ended up giving her away to a friend who had a male hedgehog. The end.

^^^Hedgehog raer knowledge dropped