Karen Allen vs. Carrie Fisher

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I am thinking specifically insofar as their respective turns in Raiders and Return are concerned (these flicks represent each at their most blappable IMHO).the truth is neither of these broads was on some next-level fineness or anything. but they each had a little something something, not to mention each starred in iconic flicks from my childhood.for me no contest: Allen was waaaay more right. (don't let the Jaba prisoner bikini cloud your judgment; Fisher looked funny).I would like to know where the strut comes out on this most-nerdy of debates. (TAKE THIS SHIT TO A PATHETIC SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY WEBSITE DOT COM.)

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

=

MANNISH

I have to go with Fisher on that fact alone.

She would have made a much better Leia tho.

• there's no doubt she had the less traditionally feminine features.

but she was sexier somehow. PASUE.

• I say Carrie Fisher in The Blues Brothers, during the underground tunnel scene, steps ALL OVER the two options you mentioned.

Never underestimate the power of leather boots and tight clothing, son.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Tough one.

• MANNISH

I have to go with Fisher on that fact alone.

She would have made a much better Leia tho.

Disagree. I didn't think that anyone would argue for Fisher being hotter. After Star Wars she instantly tuned forty years old, nipping any childhood crush in the bud before I hit puberty.

• After Star Wars she instantly tuned forty years old, nipping any childhood crush in the bud before I hit puberty.

word. not saying Karen Allen is on some timeless bueaty or anything, but it was remarkable how quickly Fisher fell off.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    there's no doubt she had the less traditionally feminine features.

but she was sexier somehow. PASUE.

paging Dr.

• After Star Wars she instantly tuned forty years old, nipping any childhood crush in the bud before I hit puberty.

word. not saying Karen Allen is on some timeless bueaty or anything, but it was remarkable how quickly Fisher fell off.

And she didn't suddenly show her age in an attractive Catherine Deneuve/Mary Louise Parker way, she looks like she has a bunch of baggage and a mean attitude.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Wow, she'd be a perfect choice for leiah now. I'm mad at Attack of the show right now though as my little brothers tape wasn't chosen for Ninja Warrior Challenge.

I always kinda liked Carrie's sister.

- spidey

• Belushi was down right inspirational in that scene. When he gets her all sentimental and takes off his shades. And then bounces. I mean, he was an asshole, but his game was so tight.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    After Star Wars she instantly tuned forty years old, nipping any childhood crush in the bud before I hit puberty.

And she didn't suddenly show her age in an attractive Catherine Deneuve/Mary Louise Parker way, she looks like she has a bunch of baggage and a mean attitude.

Cocaines one helluva drug.

But, I saw an interview with Fisher more recently, and she came across as a real nice down to earth person.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    After Star Wars she instantly tuned forty years old, nipping any childhood crush in the bud before I hit puberty.

But, I saw an interview with Fisher more recently, and she came across as a real nice down to earth person.

i think she was in an episode of 30 rock recently as well.

• Belushi was down right inspirational in that scene.

Carrie Fisher didn't need no gun - just the sight of her in that scene (shown above) "inspires" me to drop down on my knees just like Belushi did. THIS was the version of Carrie that proved her beauty to me; forget Princess Leia with that cartoonish bun hairdo. (What do guys SEE in that outfit?)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    If we're talking in their respective best movies? Then Fisher >>>>>>>>>>.

Otherwise...um...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    (What do guys SEE in that outfit?)

i know of two things

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'll take Karen Allen in Animal House and for y'all who disapprove...

• going where no man has gone before:

Silver Spoons or :

Uhuru:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh hell yeah to Erin Grey in Buck Rogers.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'll take Karen Allen in Animal House and for y'all who disapprove...

yes

i always liked the scene where she's got on donald sutherland's proffessor sweater over her nude self....

• karen allen has definitely aged better than carrie fisher.

she was still really pretty in the sandlot playing scotty smalls' mom/denis leary's wife.

though they both seem like they'd be fun to drink with (raiders & 30 rock as evidence).

I prefer Erin w/ dark hair in the early Buck Rogers.

Her hair got lighter and lighter as the show progressed......

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Silver Spoons era?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

She was Frickin' killing it in that ep, though Baldwin got off the best line: "Never go to a second location with a hippie."

• I always kinda liked Carrie's sister.

i think the mom sons the daughters

in the cute department as it were. and she's a great dancer

• YOU GUYS

KAREN ALLEN IN THE WANDERERS

THE STRIP POKER SCENE

• I'll take Karen Allen in Animal House and for y'all who disapprove...

yes

i always liked the scene where she's got on donald sutherland's proffessor sweater over her nude self....

shit yeah. a great scene. made me want to become a professor.

• I'll take Karen Allen in Animal House and for y'all who disapprove...

yes

shit yeah. a great scene. made me want to grab Karen Allen's ass...[/b].

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I don't like how her face looks in this pic, but I gotta stand up for her in this:

Karen Allen got freckle game

She was Frickin' killing it in that ep, though Baldwin got off the best line: "Never go to a second location with a hippie."

THAT WAS CARRIE FISHER??[/b] That 1960's screenwriter whom Tina Fey gives a job to???

Holy shit, they "oldened" her up good! Wouldn't have made the connection otherwise.