LOVE-STRUT: do u care if she's seein another dude?

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
would you step to a girl you just recently met who's on a first datecasually seeing some other dudeliving with another guymarried?what does it say about the lady that she would jump ships so quick?

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    "do u care if she's seein another dude?"

more like, "do u care if he's seeing another woman?!?!".

spank you. i'll be here all night!

rock over london.
    rock on chicago.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    would you step to a girl you just recently met who's

on a first date
    casually seeing some other dude
    living with another guy
    married
    ?

what does it say about the lady that she would jump ships so quick?

Hell to the naw! Not a good situation under any of these circumstances.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I would oblige her every opportunity to hang out with me and make it clear what my intentions were while giving her time to make up her mind. You don't always meet women who are strictly single.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    What's your man got to do with me?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    living with another guy
    married

HELL NO
    who wants the bun to arrive pre-buttered?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    living with another guy
    married

HELL NO

yuck.

anyway, why are you asking for love advice on the strut again?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• casually seeing some other dude
    living with another guy
    married

HELL NO

yo, our with one in the oven.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    If the woman is married or living with someone, I'd leave it alone. It's bad karma to ruin someone else's relationship. But if she's playing the field and you are too, why not?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

on a first date
    living with another guy
    married
    ?

with my fist

just kidding, fuck a whore

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    actually I'm still kidding, I'd just drop it. who needs that drama? begone

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

on a first date
    living with another guy
    married
    ?

I disagree on the first 2.

1. On a first date: This is wide open territory. She is not officially committed to said date.

2. Casually seeing some other dude: same deal. The assumption is that she is also just 'casually dating' you as well until you hear otherwise.

3. Living with a guy: NO WAY.

4. Married: DOUBLE NO WAY.

It's called common sense, plaese to exercise it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Here's one I've been struggling with:

A very sexy co-worker who's in a relationship, but whose man lives a little ways away, calls you at 3 a.m. on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. You don't work directly with her, and only see her around the office occasionally. Do you answer the booty call?

Edit: She's also steadily hooked up with another co-worker friend of mine who was in a long-distance relationship at the time, but whose girlfriend has returned to the city. They have broken it off, but as a result, I know she's discreet and won't be catching feelings.

A very sexy co-worker who's in a relationship, but whose man lives a little ways away, calls you at 3 a.m. on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. You don't work directly with her, and only see her around the office occasionally. Do you answer the booty call?

Edit: She's also steadily hooked up with another co-worker friend of mine who was in a long-distance relationship at the time, but whose girlfriend has returned to the city. They have broken it off, but as a result, I know she's discreet and won't be catching feelings.

There has to be a less complicated booty call out there. HAS to be. At least someone whose complications aren't right out in the open. Just my 2 cents, from experience long ago.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I hear you, man. Shit is definitely complicated. But she's really attractive, and she's calling me, you know? Tricky.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I hear you, man. Shit is definitely complicated. But she's really attractive, and she's calling me[/b], you know? Tricky.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

on a first date
    living with another guy
    married
    ?

yes, but ive never had to step to em.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

If you know people won't give a shit in the office, I say hit it and quit it!!! you only live once! jk. (this ofcourse is coming from a super risk-averse dude).

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

on a first date
    living with another guy
    married
    ?

1. On a first date: This is wide open territory. She is not officially committed to said date.

2. Casually seeing some other dude: same deal. The assumption is that she is also just 'casually dating' you as well until you hear otherwise.

you, sir, know where to draw the line

what if she's "getting a divorce"?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    which one of these situations are you going through mandrew

what if she's "getting a divorce"?

Tricky, but personally I would hope I would wait to dabble until that divorce is officially GOT. If she is removed from the situation, 'seperated' in both word and deed (ie.not living in the same house as the ex), I might allow myself to be social with the gal, but I would keep things pretty light until things settled down on the divorce side of things. Either way, you would still be 'the rebound', which is far from enviable unless, as someone so charmingly stated, you just want to 'Hit It and Quit It'. And if that's all you are looking for, surely there are less complicated scenarios around. I think most of the time the attraction is to the thrills and drama, the ego-adrenaline that these situations offer that is more attractive than the person in question. We love to tell ourselves stories.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    It's probably best for you to say "peace".
    Situations like that can be real bad.
    (if you both do get away with it or not)

Not only that, if she's "casually" doing the do,
    It's probably best you "DO" stay away from her.
    To many VD infected folks out there and not honest.

It might seem worth it at the time, but if the bad were to happen, is it worth it?Plus come on man, she's married!
    What if it were to get serious?She can do the same shit to you.
    There are plenty of women around,sane and safe.
    Don't fall for it.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

on a first date
    living with another guy
    married
    ?

you, sir, know where to draw the line

Why not try for all four. People leave relationships every day, no biggie, you're not the one getting hurt, yet.

i've been through all of them except #1 this month

i didn't know the girl had a live-in boyfriend until after we had hooked up... then she stole my sweatshirt and jetted in the middle of the night. nyc girls are crazy.

i met another lady at the gamble & huff showcase. she told me the guy who brought her was a friend and teased him for wearing a v-neck with a shaved chest. so i asked her out and she was receptive. then i just found out that dude and her are 'casually seeing each other.'

dont want to speak too much on the married/divorcing situation but she was def in the midst of divorce when i met her and hooked up. but i think that situation has changed. it never got serious but i kinda liked her. certainly steering clear of her from now on though.

but just to be clear, i'm not necessarily looking for advice. just want to put it out there and see where yalls heads are at on the matter. that said...
    i have no clue why all the girls in my life have been complicated recently... where all the singles ladies at?!

i've been through all of them except #1

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

damn homie. i would have taken a break after the first two or some shit haha

damn homie. i would have taken a break after the first two or some shit haha

on a first date - nah

casually seeing some other dude - big deal

living with another guy - slippery but can be done

married - been there[/b]

• igboigbo 44 Posts

married
    ?

I've currently dealing with being on the "husband" end of this. Trust me, you may not be thinking about the reprocussions in the midst of hitting it, but you could be ruining peoples lives.

Trust