It's like a Strutter produced this! (PETA-R)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Holy fuck. What a bunch of crazy assholes.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm just surprised it wasn't Hitler.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wow. I'm all for animal rights and whatnot, but fuck...

Breedism? What do the dogs think about this shit?

• Holy fuck. What a bunch of crazy assholes.

How long before PETA is revealed to be some huge, Dadaist scam? Breedism??

• Peta has been on some outrageous shit for a while now..

• I like how instead of coming out and saying..."please adopt mixed breed dogs from your local shelter" instead they parallel pure bred dog owners with Klansmen...wow, really effective and doesnt make your organization look stupid at all...they could get SO much more accomplished without the self righteous indignation they spout off at every given moment..FUCK PETA....worthless organization...I mean, what do they get accomplished? Not a Frickin' thing because you cant get shit done from a pedestal.

• They've actually been on this tack for a minute. They also put out a brochure comparing animal rights to slavery. Swear to god, I'm about to slap the next vegan I see with a pot pie.

Animal rights: the activism of moronic bigots since 1938.

• I'm about to slap the next vegan I see with a pot pie.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

Animal rights: the activism of moronic bigots since 1938.

That's pretty crazy right there.

• I'm about to slap the next vegan I see with a pot pie.

you're a fool for that one mike!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Peta has been on some outrageous shit for a while now..

• they could have saved a hundred mixed breed shelter dogs with the money they spent on this bullshit they think is so Frickin' clever. I am sure that actual humans that have been tormented by the Klan like having their race compared to a dog...what a bunch of assholes.

• Wow. I'm all for animal rights and whatnot, but fuck...

Hahaha thats exactly what I thought.

On a semi-related note, I recently watched a doco about water voles, and their mortal enemy the mink. Those things are nasty! The more that are coats the better!

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    they could have saved a hundred mixed breed shelter dogs with the money they spent on this bullshit they think is so Frickin' clever.

These people have tons of money to throw in whatever direction they choose. Last year here in Santa Fe, they raised over 10k in one night doing a benefit dinner at a local hotel. People flew in to be a part of it. A dude I work with, his wife is on retainer to do special projects for PETA. She went to NO to rescue animals left behind in the wake of Katrina, and got interviewed by Anderson Cooper. She also got flown to Beirut to do the same thing. On a private jet both times.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Amazing!!! I guess they could have made the same point with tea bowls used for Japanese tea ceremonies, but it wouldn't be as dramatic.

• Wow. I'm all for animal rights and whatnot, but fuck...

I don't know about these guys. Comparing breeding dogs to racist ideologies is pretty dumb.

I do see problems with certain kinds of breeding. I saw a documentary on National Geographic about dogs. They talked about the decline of the English bulldog. It used to be a better animal, but through breeding, they have shaped them to fit our dog show needs. All the loose skin makes them have breathing problems, and their legs/body are out of proportion. Sure, the dogs don't know better, but they are breeding dogs to live miserably in cases like this.

What they used to look like.

They make good skaters, though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, I don't think the point here is defending dog breeders...more that PETA is waaaaaaaaay overreaching to make their point. But that's how PETA does.

Wow. I'm all for animal rights and whatnot, but fuck...

I don't know about these guys. Comparing breeding dogs to racist ideologies is pretty dumb.

I do see problems with certain kinds of breeding. I saw a documentary on National Geographic about dogs. They talked about the decline of the English bulldog. It used to be a better animal, but through breeding, they have shaped them to fit our dog show needs. All the loose skin makes them have breathing problems, and their legs/body are out of proportion. Sure, the dogs don't know better, but they are breeding dogs to live miserably in cases like this.

What they used to look like.

They make good skaters, though.

• true

it doesn't help their cause looking like neurotic extremists.

• Peta has been on some outrageous shit for a while now..

seriously, i know many vegans who hate them. considering their cause, to me peta consistently comes off as a superficial and poseur organization whose motivation seems to be more about whoring themselves to the media than actuall animal rights.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    But not everyone into Animal Rights is a PETAist, nahmean?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I, for one, take issue with animal testing....because it's cruel AND it's weak science.

• But not everyone into Animal Rights is a PETAist, nahmean?

exactly