beat post

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
some dub

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• A beat i made for someone to rap on. I think ima fix it a bit... lemme know what you think.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i tried to make something a little faster tempo than i normally do

• every fuckin time you post something up here it's heavy as shit. lovin this.

here's something i finished up about a week ago. plaese to excuse the common samples.

• Haven't worked on anything for a while, but here's an old one:

• ive sold my sampler -- so no new beats ever again. but here's a few old ones with all brand new rapping on top of them. and a couple of remixes.

myspace

none of it is very contemporary sounding

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    honey remix is very fresh day!
    i am paranoid about putting any of my better beats on myspace but there is an artifacts rmx a busta rmx from a b-boy tape i did a few years ago and some original stuuf
    http://www.myspace.com/thedlch

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Haven't worked on anything for a while, but here's an old one:

cool... I like

here's something i finished up about a week ago. plaese to excuse the common samples.

I don't mind the samples, but there's a little fart in the drum loop that irks me...otherwise sounds good

• a beat I tracked out last night

A beat I tracked out a week before last night with added instrumentation

Day, that shits serious!!!

• MortiMorti 68 Posts
    Latest work

• I don't mind the samples, but there's a little fart in the drum loop that irks me...otherwise sounds good

thanks for the feedback, don't usually hear anything from strutters. i'm definitely not denying that there's a little drum fart, but where in the track is it? i'd rather fix it than just let it irk everyone that hears it.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Some stuff I'm working on right now.

A Mandrill-like song for locking dancers:

A BBoy song:

And a beat:

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I don't mind the samples, but there's a little fart in the drum loop that irks me...otherwise sounds good

thanks for the feedback, don't usually hear anything from strutters. i'm definitely not denying that there's a little drum fart, but where in the track is it? i'd rather fix it than just let it irk everyone that hears it.
    doesn't sound as bad now that I'm at home and listening to it on monitors but it sounds like its between the 5th and 6th beat of the loop. kicks overlapping maybe?
    I hear it most obviously when the drums breakdown... 1:18, 1:23, 1:28, 1:33

again, I'm nitpicking...the track has really nice transitions and progression

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i posted this in the remix thread a week or two ago.

pop those thangs remix:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7690458f442936/

i love this.
    some great beats in this thread!

i got some shit up, you can (must) buy "in my car" on iTunes and klicktrack and i just put a remix of "honey" up there too but it hasn't popped up yet.

http://www.myspace.com/theoriginalsasac

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

i got some shit up, you can (must) buy "in my car" on iTunes and klicktrack and i just put a remix of "honey" up there too but it hasn't popped up yet.

http://www.myspace.com/theoriginalsasac YEAH, I'm really feelin' your ish. You can definitely feel the SOS Band and Kleeer inspiration on "in my car". I definitely dig that Faith Evans remix too.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Where's everybody getting that "Honey" acapella???

• good stuff here.. i've never posted my stuff here before, here goes. a little something i've been working on inspired by my recent trip to india. just a rough sketch. appreciate all feedback...

• HamHam 872 Posts
    ost: thanks! yeah those bands are definately major influences

Where's everybody getting that "Honey" acapella???

i got it off the cd-single from waffles.fm