Photoshop & Illustrator (just curious)

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
i am going for a job interview on Thursday. while i am proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint i know next to nothing about Photoshop & Illustratorit is an assistant entry level position that really doesnt have anything to do with graphic design so i figure the need to know those programs are minimal.what i am curious about is in a position such as that. what can they possibly want me to do with Photoshop & Illustrator???what should i read up on??i am a quick learner and i am sure i can figure things out. but i am just curious as to what the main reasons for something like Illustrator is??i looked some things up but i want a real persons description u know?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    They probably want you to be able to do some very basic photo editing and be able to integrate graphics into other documents. I wouldn't worry too much, but maybe grab the demo version online and play around a bit - photoshop is pretty intuitive. Illustrator, not so much, but I can't imagine they really need you to use it.

• They probably want you to be able to do some very basic photo editing and be able to integrate graphics into other documents. I wouldn't worry too much, but maybe grab the demo version online and play around a bit - photoshop is pretty intuitive. Illustrator, not so much, but I can't imagine they really need you to use it.

Speaking of which, can someone break down the proper way to do color separations in Illustator? Can't figure it out...

• Photoshop is pretty easy to learn. Illustrator can be a bitch.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Photoshop is pretty easy to learn. Illustrator can be a bitch.

now i just need to find a site that downloads it. this Adobe trial system demo version is taking super long!!!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    pmsent