Don't people know not to talk to me?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
First thing in the morning?When will my co-workers learn that anything they say to me will be met with an evil stare or rude comment? I'm not friendly until at least after 9, and usually 10.I got a haircut yesterday. So I come into work and a coworker says "nice haircut." So I stare at him. He says "no, really, uh, the haircut looks nice." and i keep staring at him. "and I uh, mean that in a non-homosexual way...?"Then 5 minutes later another co-worker comes up and says "nice haircut." so I stare at him. and says "what?" and I say "It looks like I'm going to have to hear 'nice haircut' all day." he says "well, at least I was the first" and I say "You weren't."I'll be the Frickin' judge on whether my haircut is nice or not, goddamit.as I was typing this, co-worker bob comes by and says "Hey- you got a haircut!"yep.thing is, its not even that big of a deal. I should just say 'thanks' and move on. but goddam i'm grumpy in the mornings and you would think that the people around me would have learned by now. I'm mean and rude.anyways, just wanted to type that out.

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    EXACTLY!

The funny thing is, if somebody had the balls to say "that haircut makes you look like a douchebag" I would have laughed my ass off.

• I shaved off my beard once and when I came into work the next day this lady was all, "nice haircut".

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    haha dude I can NOT see you grumpy, at least not like stare at you menacingly type grumpy.

That's funny as fuck. hahaha

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    haha dude I can NOT see you grumpy, at least not like stare at you menacingly type grumpy.

That's funny as fuck. hahaha

that's because you make me so happy (wink wink)

• pics of the haircut or it didn't happen.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    pics of the haircut or it didn't happen.

It would lose its impact without the "before" pic I think. Basically, it was forward before, yesterday i got it cut, and today I combed it back.

• ahhh word...

well, just to let you know you're not alone, i'm gettin my haircut today after work. so tomorrow i'll hear it, which is funny cause my cut always stays the same. been like that for years, and i get it cut EVERY WEEK...yet people still say "hey you got your haircut" like it was a drastic style change.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

It would lose its impact without the "before" pic I think. Basically, it was forward before

yesterday i got it cut, and today I combed it back.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    So the place where I get my haircut is in Hillcrest, which is the gay neighborhood. As I was walking to the barber shop I hear "get out of my Frickin' car!!!" and I think "hm, did I just hear that?"

As I keep walking I hear it again, and notice that people are milling about on the street watching whatever is going on. Then I see this guy standing by a green truck banging on the window yelling "get out of my Frickin' car!!!!" then he hops in the bed of the truck and bangs on the back window. Then he gets on his back and and starts kicking the window with his foot, the whole time yelling "GET OUT OF MY Frickin' CAR!!!!!!"

Of course I was enjoying the shit out of watching this, and I was really tempted to say "That's not a car, its a truck." But I learned my lesson about fooling around with crazy people in hillcrest, because the last time this dude took his skateboard and smashed of my side mirror and skated away and I couldn't catch him on foot.

So then, the driver's side door opens, and this guy on his cell phone calmly gets out and just walks away. So the sceaming guy yells "BYE!" while the other guy just walks away.

So I continued on and got my haircut, and then while I was walking back to my car, another car had pulled up in the alley next to dude's truck, and the screaming guy was in the back seat sobbing into his hands. Lover's spat, I suppose.

But back to that other crazy guy real quick... after he smashed my mirror off I pulled my car halfway off the street and onto the curb, and jumped out to take off after him screaming "GET BACK HERE YOU GODDAM PUSSY!!! GODDAMIT GET YOUR Frickin' ASS BACK HERE!!! AAAAARRRR!!!" but skateboards are pretty fast. And everybody on the street was staring at me just like the truck guy, but one of the people staring was our very own DSTILL808, who was like "um hey, whats up man?" and I was like "oh hey, whats up?" and he said "oh, I'm on my lunch break." and then we shot the shit for a minute and then he said "don't go driving around looking for him or you might do something you regret." and I thought yeah, he's right. So I got in my car and took off screaming around the neighborhood looking for him. But alas, he was gone.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

It would lose its impact without the "before" pic I think. Basically, it was forward before

yesterday i got it cut, and today I combed it back.

hahahahaha

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im the same way. gimme an hour before you talk to me. i need my waking up space. i dont want to hurt your feelings but if you say something i might snap at ya.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    im the same way. gimme an hour before you talk to me. i need my waking up space. i dont want to hurt your feelings but if you say something i might snap at ya.

EXACTLY

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

he said "don't go driving around looking for him or you might do something you regret." and I thought yeah, he's right.

see, i understand that you add this for dramatic effect and all, but this is just plain false. I know the meng quite well, as do you... but i have seen the dstill in combat. there is no reservations in the man's soul. dude had some marine in a headlock/punch-in-the-face (later known as the "still life") combo on the ground in the middle of the street. TRUE STORY. and you playin' like he's soft.

do not tet s**ve's gangster.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

he said "don't go driving around looking for him or you might do something you regret." and I thought yeah, he's right.

see, i understand that you add this for dramatic effect and all, but this is just plain false. I know the meng quite well, as do you... but i have seen the dstill in combat. there is no reservations in the man's soul. dude had some marine in a headlock/punch-in-the-face (later known as the "still life") combo on the ground in the middle of the street. TRUE STORY. and you playin' like he's soft.

do not tet s**ve's gangster.

See here's the thing. Steve is so experienced in combat, that he knew I would get manhandled like a bitch, and therefore advised me to avoid combat. Steve is hard as fuck. But he knows I'm soft.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    that makes more sense. i forgot to take into consideration the zen-master thing. *t**e is like phil jackson, running the triangle on life.

• I've always found that if you're even more upbeat than them in the morning they soon learn to leave you alone.

Next time someone talks to you before you feel ready, despite feeling like you wanna yell at them, go WAY over the top with niceness and they'll be freaked out.

Seriously though, as much as I hate my current place of employment, it's all a state of mind. Retreat to your private mind garden and maybe try and make someone elses day a little better. It may even help you out.

• The funny thing is, if somebody had the balls to say "that haircut makes you look like a douchebag" I would have laughed my ass off.

are you guys hiring?