LIBRARY MADNESS...

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I was wondering too. Philiopsis hitting the 350+ and the same seller getting 400+ for the Giordano on IM that I sold for less than 200 three years ago.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    DAMN! Time to flip!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    that one track is the same as on the gary pacific on bosworth (he is wolfram bruhnke from germany) and as on a Bayer Aspirin kinda ad record without the congas and guitars in the beginnig. really strange. like a stripped down version of an already sought-after library track. found a copy at the arc in utrecht for 15 euros.

• http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...W:IT&ih=004

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...W:IT&ih=004

truly insane.

but yeah, if anyone has either of these up for grabs (and is asking a reasonable price), please to pm.

• i also blame the weak dollar.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

600?!?!?!?!

the record is not really all good.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I used to have that Tv Musica lp.
    One tracker.
    You still have it Bev and also, peep your PM'S

• i also blame the weak dollar.

This is the thing.

I'm no library connoisseur but it also seems that certain titles will come into vogue, that were not so prized before, and others that used to command great sums will become less desirable... that's how it's been with soul, jazz and other genres at least.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    The groove sounds like some mutant out-take from the David Shire -Taking Of Pelham 123 soundtrack or a Dusty Fingers style tune but waay more grubby and sleazy!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    sup sheep...you know this is a stupid scam...NO LIBRARY in this world worth that much, weither alan parker was your father or not!!!
    The more you can pay for a rare lib is 100/150 and that's really expensive anyway. There's like 10 library LPs that worth that kind of money, beside the ennio morricone ones that collectros want to complete their collection. This volume you posted is not even that great. I would slap the seller with it actually. Ebay madness on the real...

• This is the thing.

I'm no library connoisseur but it also seems that certain titles will come into vogue, that were not so prized before, and others that used to command great sums will become less desirable... that's how it's been with soul, jazz and other genres at least.

oh for sure. im titles have always been pretty in-demand, but now it's just like wtf?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    that's completely out of proportion... have these bidders even listenend to those that don't come with an audio sample???? $600 for a drum break ? retarded/.

• Is it me or are libraries back in demand???
    Seems so. There was also the DMM series which sold pretty well two weeks ago.
    Actually I found the progressive percussions for ???30 about 3 months ago and was given the philiposis as a bonus gift with a 45 lot one month earlier. I guess I was pretty lucky and that ebay madness hasn't contaminated all french dealers yet...
    Mind the funk 45s market seems pretty high too :
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...focusZbsQQfviZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-BLACK-EXOTICS-RA...1QQcmdZViewItem

• wow. i found two copies of philopsis a couple months back both for a pretty decent price. quantity?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This volume you posted is not even that great. I would slap the seller with it actually.

• This volume you posted is not even that great. I would slap the seller with it actually.

you shouldn't hit girls, you know? but seriously, pastafrolla gets top dollar on her auctions. she's kinda like the italian version of ap except for libraries, soundtracks, etc.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    One of my mates was recently at a record store where an old cat was paying top dollars for movie soundtracks.... just cus he likes to collect the covers...doesnt give a fuck about the music, and my mate was spinning out how much this dude was willing to pay.....

There will always be someone who thinks if its expensive it myust be valuable or dope to have.... Im no libary record expert..but 600 for any record sounds too much to me.... defeats the purpose of digging...

you might as well rename yourself 'the fat dude from PM Dawn' hehehe

For the record I wasn't actually agreeing with the one and only izm, just pointing yet another hilariously foreign poast.

Pastafrolla has some goodies on occasion but rarely anything I'd pay good money for, and uses an obnoxious amount of terms that never really fit. Can't knock the hustle though - when you can flip ill mad drama stabs for $25 a pop you are doing quite well.

It's just silly paying $300+ in a genre that fluxuates so much and really isn't established in comparison to others. But I don't really understand the hype about libraries in the first place so to each their own.

• terms that never really fit.

what, you mean you don't like spy thriller fender basslines, psychedelic fuzz distortions and weird, gothic almost satanic style scat harmonies?

OST PSYCH FUNK SCAT AFRO BOSSA JAZZ LIBRARY MOD PROG WEIRD BREAKS!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    spelunk, im sorry but i gave you a location, then you quote me, so it's blatant case of e-love. Just admit it, you'll feel better. And you did agree with me that paying 300 for this piece is a stupid thing to do.