Nice Record/Listening Room (Cost $6M)

DigginDiggin 319 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    For real. I'd like at least a few songs up in that bitchnit.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Honestly, what would happen if you cranked the volume up to its maximum and then dropped a Magic Mike booty bass joint?

• Strictly for fans of excess.

• Holy shit. If you look up at the first post after seeing them on the couch, you can really get a perspective on how huge that room is.

Prolly has crap for taste.

• I want that model of the Nautilus.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

The link made him out to be a classical head. Plus, his shelves look to be filled with the kind of classical box sets that I dismiss on a weekly basis.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Holy shit. If you look up at the first post after seeing them on the couch, you can really get a perspective on how huge that room is.

I dunno, I bet those box sets I am seeing must have at least a couple of skullmelters as far as the Classical set is concerned. All those records can't be mint though, so how bad must a semi-rinked Lp sound through something that huge and (I assume) clear? I mean, that doesn't seem like a great set up to hang out and play 45s on, does it?

• I posted this on another board after seeing it on the SH Boards. Focus on the PS2 and PS3. He doesn't have a PS1, which as most of you know is the more ideal CD player of the three, specifically the right make and model.

I would go in there, ask the guy if I can test it out. Then I would play "Hello Brooklyn".

• hey now, let's not forget about the pets

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Alan Parsons and Supertramp MFSL for dayz son

• Honestly, what would happen if you cranked the volume up to its maximum and then dropped a Magic Mike booty bass joint?

but what would happen if they actually connected all those speakers ?

check the pic, there are not even wires going into those speakers.

now its more like....check out my collection

• That's just fuckin' stupid. I can appreciate wanting a nice room with all your gear, but for fucks sake, give the joint a little thought. I get a headache looking at that circle of amps - yeah yeah, valves are great... but being surrounded by them? They look like mini daleks coming to get you. And do you think those speakers are kinda overkill? I imagine if one thing was bumped slightly the phase of everything would get shot to shit - your head would explode in some parts of the room and you'd hear nothing in others. Crazy old bugger.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think Reynaldo's room has a nicer look.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Too much hassle to maintain that. I remember when we got our new TV, I spent about 6 hours getting everything hooked up into it so we could have it coming out of the stereo, then put all the panels back on to conceal the mass of cabling etc.

Then, about 10PM, the Mrs sees a gringdonkleous spider run across the room and climb right into the back of it all. She swears she'll not sleep until that f*cker is dead. So, I have to take the whole lot apart again with the added bonus of having to catch and kill said monster somewhere inside it all...

I have another mate who is into his hi-fi and carpentry. He got his wiring done whist the room was being finished in the winter, then plastered over the wall cavities and put down an intricate cherry wood floor on top of the ground-dwelling wires. Looked mint.

Then his Mrs decides the telly can't stay there, because there was too much glare on the screen in the summer evenings...

• Honestly, what would happen if you cranked the volume up to its maximum and then dropped a Magic Mike booty bass joint?

but what would happen if they actually connected all those speakers ?

check the pic, there are not even wires going into those speakers.

now its more like....check out my collection

Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe he couldn't afford the electricity bill if plugs it all in. Better keep it ipod.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Too much hassle to maintain that. I remember when we got our new TV, I spent about 6 hours getting everything hooked up into it so we could have it coming out of the stereo, then put all the panels back on to conceal the mass of cabling etc.

Then, about 10PM, the Mrs sees a gringdonkleous spider run across the room and climb right into the back of it all. She swears she'll not sleep until that f*cker is dead. So, I have to take the whole lot apart again with the added bonus of having to catch and kill said monster somewhere inside it all...

I have another mate who is into his hi-fi and carpentry. He got his wiring done whist the room was being finished in the winter, then plastered over the wall cavities and put down an intricate cherry wood floor on top of the ground-dwelling wires. Looked mint.

Then his Mrs decides the telly can't stay there, because there was too much glare on the screen in the summer evenings...
    Extension cords?

• Multiple speakers like that will give some serious phase cancellation and a muddy sound....The room is total overkill.

... this is givin' me all kinds of ideas on how to torture a mutha*ucka... tie that azz up in a room like that with big azz speakers encircling his azz... then CRANK DAT

leaves no marks

• Another insane listening room This one has 16 subwoofers built into the floor. Scroll down on their page to see its construction.

But seriously if I was a multi-multi millionaire i would certainly look into having a listening room built i think we all would.

• Another insane listening room This one has 16 subwoofers built into the floor. Scroll down on their page to see its construction.

But seriously if I was a multi-multi millionaire i would certainly look into having a listening room built i think we all would.

I would need something like this to get the most out of my VG- Bobby Bland 45s

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I would need something like this to get the most out of my VG- Bobby Bland 45s

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont get these audiophile guys. Why dont you just hire a whole orchestra?

Their setups are always so damned ugly and pointless. Especially when you consider that any true classical vinyl collectro knows that mono pressing are the only ones worth a damn.

• "Now we have the perfect spot to listen to our Claude Bolling and P.D.Q. Bach raers!"

I dunno, I'd look at updating my cd player if I were him -