Obama and Hip Hop

124»

Comments

• Rap hands? Check.
    Puckered lips? Check.
    Sassy facial expression? Check.
    Use of the N-word? Check.

• I wasn't trying to say Hillary should be blasting the leaked We Got It For Cheap, Vol. 3 in the bulletproof Towncar.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    1. ive heard strutters make wayyy cornier arguments/posts about rap music than that obama interview

2. his answer sounded authentic to me. he was my age in what, the mid 80s?? i have no trouble believing he grew up with some rap music and has been familiar w/ it for awhile. he was working in inner city chicago in the late 80s he knows rap. and house prob, but that would just confuse folks.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    and house prob, but that would just confuse folks.

No shit. He can probably explain the intricacies of his health care plan easier than the house scene. I wouldn't be surprised if he kicked it at the Music Box or the Powerplant once or twice back in his days in the neighborhood; I'm not gonna say what he was doing.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Since he is a black man who has spent much time in Chicago, I'd like him to explain exactly what "steppers" is. And demonstrate a few moves. If he doesn't know he is obviously a decepticon lizard person...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Rap hands? Check.
    Puckered lips? Check.
    Sassy facial expression? Check.
    Use of the N-word? Check.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    i think you will see some serious sonning going on in the debates.

Careful, I think this is what everyone thought in '04 as well. Personally, while I'm not voting for her in the primaries, I would've lovvvvved to see a Hillary v. Mitt Romney debate. She's a better debater than Barack and That guy Romeny is so shitty when anyone turns the heat up on him. He visibly winces and starts to stammer all over the place. I would've PPV'ed that shit.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Now THAT'S Becky !

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    when talking about your favorite music, politician or not, you shouldn't feel compelled to qualify every sentence, or in obama's case, every word. if you like jay-z's flow but not his message, i think it could have been said a lot clearer. too much hedging going on for a music discussion. he didn't ask him about giving drivers licenses to illegal immigrants.

How in the HELL could it have been any clearer? Barack Obama is not Soulja Boy. He's Barack Obama, a United States Senator that has just given the most salient comments by a congressman regarding hip-hop in the history of the genre.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    W lost every debate in '00 and '04. Didn't stop him from becoming President. There were Reagan debates when he just looked lost. Who do you want to share a beer with, Clinton, Huckabee, McCain or Obama? That's whats important and I think Huckabee might win. Especially if you change the question to; who do you want your daughter to share a beer with? And by you I mean some other guy, not you.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    W lost every debate in '00 and '04. Didn't stop him from becoming President. There were Reagan debates when he just looked lost. Who do you want to share a beer with, Clinton, Huckabee, McCain or Obama? That's whats important and I think Huckabee might win. Especially if you change the question to; who do you want your daughter to share a beer with? And by you I mean some other guy, not you.

I wouldn't want me or my daughter within 100 feet of that ignorant schitt.

I'd be okay sitting down for a beer with any one of the other three.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Now THAT'S Becky !
    im kind of impressed she knew that whole verse