Obama and Hip Hop

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    And yet Hillary even focus-grouped her campaign song, giving her supporters an option to choose between Smash Mouth and the Dixie Chicks.

Story here

Can you say, "disingenuous"?

• Why aren't you herbs going ape-shit for his very public interest into classic soul music? NOT RAER ENOUGH FOR YOUR KKKKKUNTPUSTULEZZZ.

well this was my original remark and I was treated to an unrelated picture of Bill Clinton.

• You're looking so hard to hate it's obvious that you're shook about Obama.

i'm not really taking this as being a serious discussion, are you??

if so, i have a u mad doggie waiting for u.

my point is just that his collar is a half size too small. i agree that its cool as hell that he is even discussing jay-z. as far as looking to hate, i guarantee that i will be volunteering in some way to help obama if he gets the candidacy, which is probably more than can be said for all the strutter supporters. i'll own up to supporting and defending hillary, but i'm not hating on an obama presidency at all.

• Why aren't you herbs going ape-shit for his very public interest into classic soul music? NOT RAER ENOUGH FOR YOUR KKKKKUNTPUSTULEZZZ.

well this was my original remark and I was treated to an unrelated picture of Bill Clinton.

shaddup you drunk.

go pound a brewski and slur yer speach.

the c.d. make it home intact?

• Nobody on Soul Strut could ever run for president.

"is it true that you photoshopped a picture of a large slug into another man's hand and then called him doo doo on a stick?"

"Is it true, congressman, that you once spent an entire afternoon at work doing Google image searches for exactly the right photo of Ronald McDonald?"

"Sir, do you indeed know how to spell the word 'Pause'? If there does exist an alternate spelling, could you explain how you used the word on the following dates:

1/13/04
    1/14/04
    2/23/04
    3/15/04
    3/16/04
    3/17/04
    4/05/04
    etc. etc."

What's her favorite song from the latest Jay-Z? I bet she doesn't even listen to music, probably rolls around town with the Star Wars Imperial theme song.

LOL

Hillary's people sound shook.

shaddup you drunk.

"when I heard your tape I pressed eject/and threw it out the window with the rejects"

honestly it's on Hayes somewheres; prolly between Pierce and Scott...y'know, if you wanna re-coup.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Nobody on Soul Strut could ever run for president.

"is it true that you photoshopped a picture of a large slug into another man's hand and then called him doo doo on a stick?"

"Is it true, congressman, that you once spent an entire afternoon at work doing Google image searches for exactly the right photo of Ronald McDonald?"

"Sir, do you indeed know how to spell the word 'Pause'? If there does exist an alternate spelling, could you explain how you used the word on the following dates:

1/13/04
    1/14/04
    2/23/04
    3/15/04
    3/16/04
    3/17/04
    4/05/04
    etc. etc."

I'm going to say a word, and I want you to say the first thing that comes to mind:

Immigration...

Tax Reform....

Iraq...

Geoduck...?

• You're looking so hard to hate it's obvious that you're shook about Obama.

i'm not really taking this as being a serious discussion, are you??

if so, i have a u mad doggie waiting for u.

my point is just that his collar is a half size too small. i agree that its cool as hell that he is even discussing jay-z. as far as looking to hate, i guarantee that i will be volunteering in some way to help obama if he gets the candidacy, which is probably more than can be said for all the strutter supporters. i'll own up to supporting and defending hillary, but i'm not hating on an obama presidency at all.

1).

2). I stays a mad doggie, for better or for worse.

3). Not only am I voluntering but I got my girl and my pops dong it. KTHNXBAI.

but seriously, if you do work for Obama I commend you on that and yes it's all about "action not just talk" this time around. I think that's what happend with Kerry. Everyone assumed he would win and just sat back while the G.O.P. got to wark, hard.

• Hillary's people sound shook.

Holding a conference call to reassure donors that they have not run out of money, despite Hillary "loaning" herself 5 mil

• What's her favorite song from the latest Jay-Z? I bet she doesn't even listen to music, probably rolls around town with the Star Wars Imperial theme song.

LOL

this is funny, but lets be honest: music-related comparisons to Hillary are not at all apt. she's a middle-aged white woman; he's a Black man. why would their musical tastes necessarily have anything to do with each other?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    this is funny, but lets be honest: music-related comparisons to Hillary are not at all apt. she's a middle-aged white woman; he's a Black man. why would their musical tastes necessarily have anything to do with each other?

shaddup you drunk.

"when I heard your tape I pressed eject/and threw it out the window with the rejects"

honestly it's on Hayes somewheres; prolly between Pierce and Scott...y'know, if you wanna re-coup.

• it's all about "action not just talk" this time around. I think that's what happend with Kerry. Everyone assumed he would win and just sat back while the G.O.P. got to wark, hard.

although i think, regardless of the polls, mccain has no shot in hell. if vegas is taking bets, i am all over it.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    it's all about "action not just talk" this time around. I think that's what happend with Kerry. Everyone assumed he would win and just sat back while the G.O.P. got to wark, hard.

although i think, regardless of the polls, mccain has no shot in hell. if vegas is taking bets, i am all over it.

Just curious....did you think the same about GWB in '04??

What's her favorite song from the latest Jay-Z? I bet she doesn't even listen to music, probably rolls around town with the Star Wars Imperial theme song.

LOL

EVERYONE should like the Temptations, Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, et cetera, et cetera.

LOL

But damn if those Clintons don't claim to be down with the bruthaaaaaaaas...

It wouldn't be so bad if they did have to have split personalities to pander to Black voters.

• You guys are tripping... Of course he qualified his opinions and watched what he said. Hes trying to get elected... in a country full of people who are looking for a reason to hate dude. Especially over some hip hop shit. "obama is a street hustler", shit like that... You guys definately make sure a discussion goes nowhere fast, everytime.

it's all about "action not just talk" this time around. I think that's what happend with Kerry. Everyone assumed he would win and just sat back while the G.O.P. got to wark, hard.

I think that McCain has a damn good shot at president, with or without these fucks.

You guys are tripping... Of course he qualified his opinions and watched what he said. Hes trying to get elected... in a country full of people who are looking for a reason to hate dude. Especially over some hip hop shit. "obama is a street hustler", shit like that... You guys definately make sure a discussion goes nowhere fast, everytime.

You know what, if he hadn't qualified those statements, I'm sure it would be huge O'Reilly fodder. Hell maybe even with them O'Reilly will pick this up.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I wasn't trying to say Hillary should be blasting the leaked We Got It For Cheap, Vol. 3 in the bulletproof Towncar. I was trying to make the point that if we are comparing Hillary and Obama on musical grounds, Obama is covered. Hillary, for her part, wanted research on a campaign tune; she didn't want to make a personal mistep on something as monumental as a theme song to play at campaign events.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

LOL

EVERYONE should like the Temptations, Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, et cetera, et cetera.

• But damn if those Clintons don't claim to be down with the bruthaaaaaaaas...

I don't hear them making that claim.

CRINGE WORTHY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT.

• it's all about "action not just talk" this time around. I think that's what happend with Kerry. Everyone assumed he would win and just sat back while the G.O.P. got to wark, hard.

Just curious....did you think the same about GWB in '04??

no, because the 9-11 scare tactics were still working. mccain doesn't have that going for him and, like gwb, he's not the brightest bulb in the barrel. i think you will see some serious sonning going on in the debates. and mccain's not the likeable dufus that bush was. he looks more and more like death every day.

Swaaaang down sweet Hillary...

she sounds white.

she sounds white.

You mean like this...

I agree.

Swaaaang down sweet Hillary...

Don't Be Hatin'!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Sometimes I fuckin hate Youtube. Back in the days when us suburban idiots used to videotape ourselves doing stupid shit, we didn't have, nor did we want, any way to put on a screen for everyone to look at. We shot it, sat down, watched ourselves acting stupid, laughed a lot, and then went and did something else and we liked it!

Is this for posterity? Is this for your friends? If so, Frickin' send it to them. Why must the world be involved? Curse this rise of mediocrity.

Sure, I get gully in the car when Mobb Deep comes on, but you're not going to see on the internets talkin bout "Son, they shook..."

sorry for the