what I LOVE about women (1 in particular related)

twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
My girl is one of the main reasons I love life right now.Are you dudes squared away with your Valentine's Day plans? I almost blew it by waiting until this morning to make dinner reservations, luckily there were a couple slots left. She will come home from work to flowers and later we'll have a Peruvian dinner here:http://www.andinarestaurant.com/valentineday08.htmlWhat do you all have in the works? Any real ballers going all out?

Comments

• I've been run ragged by tax prep and long hours at the shop and my fiance bless her heart made a reservation this morning because she knew that I would forget... again.

Gotta buy her something nice.

• my lady will come home to the sight of me crushing her dirty dancing cd, her darby raers, and one other tepid of my choosing. Then I'll scream at the top of my lungs...

"You say you LOVE music!!!???? No you HATE it!"

Then I'll give her some chocolate or some shit like that. Frickin' women.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    my lady will come home to the sight of me crushing her dirty dancing cd, her darby raers, and one other tepid of my choosing. Then I'll scream at the top of my lungs...

Lol. The first time I was invited over to my girlfriend's apartment, I casually checked out her music folder on her computer. I found albums from The Deep, 13th Floor Elevators, Pentagram, and a ton of other psych/hard rock ish. I was very happy to find our music tastes overlapping, but honestly that's just like icing on the cake.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Are you dudes squared away with your Valentine's Day plans?

Absolutely... whatever girl I meet in Barcelona on Valentine's Day will get the royal treatment

• flyin to see the breezy the next saturday. screw V-Day though, that shit is LAME. if you really love your girl than you don't need one made up holiday to show her the truth. ya smell? take that shit back to H.S.

although i did get her, HER OWN copies of birkin/gainsbourg & historie de melody nelson, so maybe the 16th is close enough to the 14th to classify that as a gift.

whatever...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    my lady will come home to the sight of me crushing her dirty dancing cd, her darby raers, and one other tepid of my choosing. Then I'll scream at the top of my lungs...

I will top off the evening by whispering in her ear, "Why can't you live up to my adolescent fantasies? I love you in spite of this."

Why should I suffer alone?

• also...

"When you wake up, I will make you French toast. If French toast is not what you desire, I will find another nationality of toast that suits you. I will not rest until I find this perfect nationality of toast, even if I have to swim all the way to Austria for it. After I find and make the toast, and you eat it, we will freak once more."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The first time I was invited over to my girlfriend's apartment, I casually checked out her music folder on her computer.

Did you also "casually check out" her bank statements?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    also...

"When you wake up, I will make you French toast. If French toast is not what you desire, I will find another nationality of toast that suits you. I will not rest until I find this perfect nationality of toast, even if I have to swim all the way to Austria for it. After I find and make the toast, and you eat it, we will freak once more."

Yes! Smoooove. "The butter will be made from milk from only the finest cows flown in from the himalayan Alps" or some shit. Smoove B owns Valentine's Day.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    The first time I was invited over to my girlfriend's apartment, I casually checked out her music folder on her computer.

Huh? If you're implying I was being nosy, I assure you I had permission to browse. The term "casually" meant to imply that it wasn't a premeditated plan to discover her tastes.

• YO, I LIKE TO "CASUALLY" SNIFF ME SOME PANTIES, SON!

• The first time I was invited over to my girlfriend's apartment, I casually checked out her music folder on her computer.

Shame on you. Like the guy's gonna go rustling through a file cabinet or some schitt.

Now "casually checking out" an email folder or two...

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    My wife and I both have hate towards Valentines day,So I guess I'm pretty lucky in that aspect.

It's just a shit day that is telling you to buy stuff and this is the one day to tell your spouse,crush and or loved one how much you really love them.

Stupid made up consumers day

Hate!

Anger Strut 08 for delf, what!

I think I'll take my wife to her favorite dining place and to a movie though....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    My girl is one of the main reasons I love life right now.

I almost blew it by waiting until this morning to make dinner reservations, luckily there were a couple slots left.

She will come home from work to flowers and later we'll have a Peruvian dinner here:

http://www.andinarestaurant.com/valentineday08.html

What do you all have in the works? Any real ballers going all out?

I am happy for you man

And i feel the same way me and my girl are in deep love and i am deep deep into that.

anyways we ve been blessed by all our luck my girl gets sent off to urugay i to brazil

she gets an invatation to a conferende in rio so she got to visit me

i in turn surprise her for christmas in montevideo

perfect month ensued

now by luck..we are boarding the same plane to PERU (enjoy that food..go for lomo saltado)

and landing on the 14th...

i have pulled off a lot of great surprises in the past months so I am kinda stumped for this one..i mean its already perfect anyways...

but i just thought of one thanks for this thread...

• I am happy for you man

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    My girl is one of the main reasons I love life right now.

but no, im not sure about v-day plans. i better get on that shit.

my girlfriends birthday is also 3 days after valentines day so i think i have double the work to do. luckily i at least know what she wants for her birthday....

women > music

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

women > music

but i love to combine both (i am getting back into singing and my girl into piano and we are giving each other lessons)

plus i feel you on the music selection...

first talk i had with my girl was about bootcampclick...and she once asked me to talk about the juice crew (camp fire related)

its incredible to have a person to learn from and love with an amazing soundtrack

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I've ordered some custom made M&Ms box with love messages on it. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaallin'!!!

http://www.mymms.com/customprint/?src=112078&sc_cid=P_GG_50_N00_MA9ABN00PGG50111

A classy restaurant, some wine and that's a wrap. See you next year.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i bought my girl this:

• I treated my girl real nice on her birthday a few weeks back. She's got Valentine's day covered.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

women > music

but i love to combine both

on both

btw, getting laid while listening to raers

flipping the records all the time sucks really bad though

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I only get busy to locked grooves

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    the girl im with was born on val day. not sure if thats a gift or a curse.

all in all my vday/bday plans are square or else i would be the duuudest of dudes.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    i bought my girl this:

Gameover indeed. I don't know how my girl would feel about me purchasing a second woman for valentine's day but I may put the proposition to her after a few drinks.

Anyway, she's working late shift on the 14th so we'll have a meal out on the 15th which has the merited advantage that I can be as disorganised as ever and still get a nice place for a meal.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Do most of you dudes always buy gifts on v-day? I find the gift giving part of valentines rather manufactured.

Dinner is essential though. The most important part is spending time together.

Quick tip for dinner res, avoid whitey places. Since people tend to want the super traditional romantic atmosphere, a lot of ethnic restaurants get overlooked on vday.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Me and my old lady are hitting up St. Thomas for five days.

Sex in the mountains while I works on my tan.