pakistani food vs. indian food

2»

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    LOVE Pakistani food! In Seattle it is all about the Kabab House in Greenwood. My homie Ibrahim makes some serious kababs....

www.kababhouse.com

Tandoori Aloo- Palak Paratha $3.95
    (NAN filled with potatoes, spinach, Baked in Clay oven)

And with that, I'm hungry.

Yo Des, the Tandoori Aloo- Palak Paratha at Kabab House is REALLY GOOD!!!!! Damn, I might have to drive up there tonight. LOL.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Last time I was passing that corner with friends, the hosts from the restaurants from above and below were dressed to the nines, and yelling at us for our business.

"COME UP HERE! OUR FOOD IS BETTER!"
    "NO! HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!"
    "YOU SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!"
    "WE HAVE FREE WINE WITH THE MEAL!"

We went with the last guy at the basement place. The meal was cheap as hell, and delicious. I'm sure it would have been the same if we'd gone upstairs, but "free wine" are always the magic words.

That sounds like Brick Lane in London on any day/evening of the week. There's a stretch where you literally cannot walk more than a few steps without one of these barkers handing off a flyer to you or trying to talk you into chowing down at their restaurant.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I've done some travel in my life. Taking South Asia outta the picture... England has TONS of amazing spots. When I was living and traveling over there, soooo many spots killed it! I have yet to eat somewhere in North America to blow me away. Cept for a couple of friends moms home cooking...

Are you in Toronto? There is a newish (6 months?) Indian restaurant on Bayview Avenue just below the intersection with Manor Road and Fleming Cres on your right if you are going north. Not Kamasutra, that's further down and not nearly as good. Can't remember the name but it's one of the best I've been to.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,901 Posts

Eaten in that place... With the metal water cups? from drinking from those. The food was OK. Cuts of meat weren't brilliant, not enough different ingredients used in the sauce. Naan breads were spot-on.

I suppose I am spoilt as I walked the Curry Mile every day for 3 years.

The Curry Mile

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Eaten in that place... With the metal water cups? from drinking from those. The food was OK. Cuts of meat weren't brilliant, not enough different ingredients used in the sauce. Naan breads were spot-on.

which one ?
    there about 8 places in that one photo

my best time ever was when 3 of us got kicked out of there post-FMU one saturday night
    (one of the upstairs joints)

i only walk by that corner a dozen or so times a year
    & everytime one of those "barkers" remembers me & calls me

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,901 Posts
    which one ?

The one with the "ROYAL" sign, closest basement one. Yeah, they are all packed together, but their guy did the best sell that night. It wasn't *awful*.

Tell ya what rocked best for me last time in NYC: Funky Broom

• nepalese food blows both pakistani and indian food out the water. less oily and more tender, at least from the restaurants i've eaten at.

although this is my joint when in LA...sag paneer (sp) is dopest ever.

• i have one word for my angelenos...ARTESIA.

i think ive said it before but i'll say it again. the only good food in japan (besides japanese food) is the indian/pakistani joints. there was this spot in my local town and dude kept going on about the tribes in kashmir or somewheres high atop the himalayas and he said they ate peppers to stay warm and he gave me one that looked like the size of a peppercorn and i ate it and my face literally went numb and was buzzing for like an hour or so. hottest pepper i ever ate. thank god it was subzero degree weather that day.

oh yeah, bangladeshi girls are sexy. and thick.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• oh yeah, bangladeshi girls are sexy. and thick.

not really. i mean, cmon dude, like these whiteboys can tell the difference.

well, except for soulmarcosa.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

not really. i mean, cmon dude, like these whiteboys can tell the difference.

well, except for soulmarcosa.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    The Nepalese joint in Madison is one of my favorite places to eat. I take 90 minute road trips just to eat there. The menu tells you traditionally what each dish is eaten for. Eat this if you're sick, eat that if you're climbing Sagarmatha tomorrow, etc...

I've only heard tales about how killer sri lankan food is. I think the nearest restaurant from my house is in Minneapolis of all places. Unless Chicago has some hidden away. Anyone know for sure??