WHAT PITIFUL FOOL WONT RIDE 4 CAROLE KING TAPESTRY

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I'd be particularly interested in hearing from aliases.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I gotta change weeds, if not quit altogether.

at least my private mind garden tells me that
    nobody posting means everyone rides. case closed.

• i was thrown off by mr t. he frightens and confuses me.

tapestry i'll ride for. somehow i have like 5-6 copies of this album and i don't remember buying any of them.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    IF FORCED TO RIDE, I WOULD JUMP OUT OF THE STILL MOVING TAPESTRY.

IF FORCED TO RIDE, I WOULD JUMP OUT OF THE STILL MOVING TAPESTRY.

ALIAS

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    That came out when I was in the 7th grade. Every girl in Jr High walked around with a copy under her arm all day. I heard it enough then to be able to rewind and play it any time I want now.

Eli and the 13th Confession blows it out of the water. Not to mention 1st Take and Chapter 2. All 4 were in my sisters top 5.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Where the fawk is AP when you need a little middle part science dropped on some foolios. This record rules.

• Eli and the 13th Confession blows it out of the water. Not to mention 1st Take and Chapter 2. All 4 were in my sisters top 5.

dan, what are those?

i love tapestry
    i ride all day

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I Ride. My Mom had the tape when I was a kid & I have the LP, good memories, great listen.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'll ride for it till death, that was the #1 album the day I was born.

significance = yes

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I don't ride, so I am a fool.
    Actually, I never heard this album.

Peace

• yeah, I must be a fool too as I've passed on it dozens of times ..
    next time though SOI I'll see to fixing things proper

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I wont ride for Carole's tapestry...but I will for some of the dope covers of her songs of that LP....

Carole is a great songwriter, all credit due, but her songs sound better with other ppl. singing them IMHO.

Eli and the 13th Confession blows it out of the water. Not to mention 1st Take and Chapter 2. All 4 were in my sisters top 5.

dan, what are those?

i love tapestry
    i ride all day

Laura Nyro - Eli and the 13th Confession, black cover, not as common as tapestry, but in the dollar bins. Came with a lyric sheet. Great record. Poverty Train, plus lots of songs people covered like Stone Soul Picnic and Eli's Coming that she wrote. She has other good records, Xmas and the Beads Of Sweat. I like one where she does covers of Motown and harmony groups with Labele backing her.

the other 2 are Roberta Flack, the black cover and the yellow cover. If you have not listened you are missing out. She only wrote a handful of the songs.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    on behalf of my moms, i'll ride for this shit!!!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    No proper yacht-rock collection is complete without "Tapestry" -----> if you don't ride for "Tapestry" then you don't ride for yacht-rock.

Some people may be okay with that, but I do ride for yacht rock.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey SOI,

It's one of my favorite albums of all-time.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

BIG STACKS ENDORSEMENT =

PIANO PLAYER =

• No proper yacht-rock collection is complete without "Tapestry" -----> if you don't ride for "Tapestry" then you don't ride for yacht-rock.

Carol King is not yacht rock.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    No proper yacht-rock collection is complete without "Tapestry" -----> if you don't ride for "Tapestry" then you don't ride for yacht-rock.

Carol King is not yacht rock.

It is in my marina.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    BIG STACKS ENDORSEMENT =

PIANO PLAYER =

Hey,

Great writing and great composition, what more can a music aficinado ask for? I'm a sucker for these musical elements in combination.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• i ride for tapestry but her ass need to sit the fuck down and stay behind the piano

LOL her stage show reminds me of my hippie summer camp circa 1978

• Eli and the 13th Confession blows it out of the water. Not to mention 1st Take and Chapter 2. All 4 were in my sisters top 5.

dan, what are those?

i love tapestry
    i ride all day

Laura Nyro - Eli and the 13th Confession, black cover, not as common as tapestry, but in the dollar bins. Came with a lyric sheet. Great record. Poverty Train, plus lots of songs people covered like Stone Soul Picnic and Eli's Coming that she wrote. She has other good records, Xmas and the Beads Of Sweat. I like one where she does covers of Motown and harmony groups with Labele backing her.

the other 2 are Roberta Flack, the black cover and the yellow cover. If you have not listened you are missing out. She only wrote a handful of the songs.

roberta flack i love...didnt connect you were talking about her

laura nyro havent listened to much...i'll check for em

thanks,t

• LOL her stage show reminds me of my hippie summer camp circa 1978

hahaha...
    part of the charm was that mellow like the month of may shit
    not some your mom the hippie whose been doin lines in the bathroom

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    First Take is THE SHIT.....!!!!

angelitos negros and ballad of the sad young men....

still havent been able to find a clean and crisp version of the LP, gone thru 3, and they are all played to the max, crackly and scratched...I finally realised why...cus if you have that LP you play the shit ALOT....

on a side note... What are ppls favourite cover of a Carole King song?

• and"thats no way to say goodbye" and "trying times"
    haunting

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I was always a little bit more of a Janis Ian fan...

I could only stand the first 17 year old Shadow Morton produced one with Society's Child. I want to relisten to it as people are starting to groove to harpsichord based pop again.

CK Covers:
    Smackwater Jack - Quincy Jones
    All the original girl group versions of songs like Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

I could only stand the first 17 year old Shadow Morton produced one with Society's Child. I want to relisten to it as people are starting to groove to harpsichord based pop again.

"In The Winter" is my jam from that album.