THE RUB HIP-HOP HISTORY SERIES IS BACK!

ayresayres 1,452 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
What's good, y'all. We're back at it again, and I'm pleased to say that we've picked up our "History Of Hip-Hop" series again this year.We started the series with 1979 and took you on a journey though the first decade of hip-hop as seen through the eyes of The Rub. In no way is this to be considered a "Best Of" but more of a collection of personal favorites and songs that we feel really represented the year properly. But guaranteed you will be getting some of the best hip-hop songs ever created. - CosmoDownload or stream all the shows and get all the tracklists here: http://www.brooklynradio.net/shows/the-rub. The Archive of 79-89 shows is here: http://www.itstherub.com/radio.htm#historyBrooklyn Radio interviewed us about the series. Link here - http://www.brooklynradio.net/articles/flava-in-ya-earWith The Rub spinning you through the 90s hip-hop explosion, we thought midway through the series would be a good time to catch up with them and discuss the decade. After the jump, we go deep into the craniums of DJs Ayres, Cosmo Baker, and Eleven to find the flava they???ve been putting in your ear buds on a weekly basis.Hey guys, so you???re back to your History of Hip-Hop Series. Can you break the project down? (Ed. Note: The entire series, which started with 1979, will be back on the site with the conclusion of the 90s.)[/b]AYRES:We started doing the Hip-Hop History shows because we love all this music and want everyone to get to hear all the classic rap music that inspired us to become DJs in the first place. And we felt a year-by-year series of mixes was the most cohesive way to approach it, and Brooklyn Radio was the best place for it. A 20 or 30 CD box set just isn???t practical, and it will reach far more people if we just give it away on the internet.The way we???re doing this series is the three of us first split up the years, so for example in the 90s, I???m doing 93, 94 and 98. Then we make lists of all the songs we can think of from each year that we like. We organize all our hip-hop records and wmd's by year, look everything up on Discogs.com, consult the Ego Trip Book of Rap Lists, dig out old mixtapes from each year and just try to be sure we aren???t missing anything. Then we email our lists back and forth, to jog each others??? memories and trade music. From there I think we just approach it like a mixtape: we put on songs that were really big for everyone and songs that were just big for us, and try to balance the underground records with the hits.COSMO:Like Ayres said, hip-hop was the music that made us all want to start to DJing in the first place. Over the years we???ve messed with so many different styles and for a while there people were identifying The Rub with all sorts of other genres like dance music and club music, so doing the ???History??? series was a really good way for us to bring it back down to earth, letting people know what our roots are.Other than using books and the internet as a reference to what songs came out when, also just looking at the labels of the records that we have was a good way of organizing it. Being that we all use Microwave, this was a great opportunity to go back and rip a lot of the vinyl that we have to the computer. When we first started choosing who was going to do what year, we all pretty much picked years that meant a lot to us personally. For instance I chose 1995 because that was the first year I fully lived in New York and there was so much going on in hip-hop at the time that I was able to do a mix that was very personal to me.ELEVEN:I???ve got to echo their sentiments. We???re all hip-hip dudes originally. And, while we???ve all branched out in a lot of different directions, that???s still at our core. So, it???s been both to share the music we love, to delve back into something that we???re all very passionate about, and, more than anything, a chance to nerd out and have a great time with great music that we love!And, best of all, the feedback has been phenomenal! Every city we go to and just about every week, someone takes the time to tell us how much they???re enjoying it. For some, it???s because we???re educating them on things they missed. And, for others, they???re geeked to be going down memory lane again. And, that???s not even counting the emails we get about the series! That feedback has been a huge part of the reason we keep doing it.After working through the 80s for the first part of the series, what have you found has been the difference between the two decades?[/b]AYRES:There was a lot more hip-hop being made in the 90s, not only in New York and Philly but also in LA, the Bay Area, Houston, Chicago and so forth. So for the series, when we were working on 1979 there weren???t too many songs to pick from, whereas in the 90s our job of editing down these lists to make two hour shows is a lot bigger chore. Musically, in the 90s producers had more and more freedom because the samplers had so much more sample time, so they could do really layered beats with a lot of samples or just use longer loops. Plus as hip-hop became more mainstream, the money meant access to better studios, better engineers, bigger budgets for guests, and so forth. Of course the down side of the money in some cases was that the labels were spending more so they expected a bigger return and so A&Rs were more actively seeking artists to make formulaic hits.COSMO:One of the things about the series is that when it???s all said and done people will hopefully be able to look at the thing as a whole and be able to see how much the art form progressed over the course of 20 years, and at the same time to be able to catch a feeling as to what some of the constants of the genre are. It???s education as much as it is entertainment. Is there a word for that ??? haha? Ask my man Kris! (Ed. Note: Infotainment.)ELEVEN:If we over-generalize about the two decades, I think the differences between are almost too numerous to mention. (Development of difference in regional sounds, advantages of advances in the technology, the increased complexity of rhyme schemes, the maturation of turntablism, and huge growth of the rap industry itself, to name just a few.)But, the joy in this project is seeing the small differences. Like hearing the difference between the use of live bands in ???82 and synthesizers in ???84. Hearing producers go from using an SP1200 to an MPC to a full string section, in under 10 years, is just Frickin' cool!Since you guys came of age more in the 90s, did you learn more about 80s cuts when doing the last series?[/b]AYRES:Personally, I started paying attention to hip-hop in about 1986 or 1987. Then I started DJing in the nineties when ???diggin in the crates??? was a big thing, so a lot of the music I missed when I was younger, I learned about from older DJs or just from seeking out old school records on my own. In that sense, we???ve all been working on the Hip-Hop History series for over twenty years. It???s kind of the culmination of being music geeks and obsessive record collectors for so long.But I definitely feel like working on this was a great refresher course in hip-hop history for me, too. And certain
ly Cosmo and Joe showed me some joints I didn???t know.COSMO:I???ve been buying rap records since 1982 so I???m pretty familiar with a lot of the older catalog stuff, but of course when setting off on this trip we all had to do our history to find a lot of the lesser known songs. But the fact is that during the 90s we all were more in a position to have a different relation to a lot of the songs, a more mature relation. That???s one of the things that???s great about the series ??? people of all ages relate to it in a very different, and personal, way.ELEVEN:I bought my first rap record (actually a cass-single ??? haha) in ???84 or ???85 and have been buying a lot since 1990 or so. But, there were HUGE gaps in my knowledge. That???s one of the great things about hip-hop: As it has matured, there???s a longer history to it that you can go back and explore. We all got to track down and get to know joints that we never knew existed, even up in to the 90s. No one knows everything. (Okay. That may not be true. But, in theory, I like the sound of there being no one that can not be stumped in Rap Trivial Pursuit.)So does this part of the series seem more like a trip down middle school lane?[/b]AYRES:If only ??? we all graduated from high school in the early 90s.COSMO:The best thing about the 90s was that we were all a little older, getting into ???some shit??? so to speak (maybe I???m speaking for myself ??? haha!)But yeah, a lot of the content really was speaking to what I was doing at the time. So when someone says something about ???smoking blunts??? or ???hitting skins??? it???s something that I could directly relate to!ELEVEN:Like Ayres and Cosmo said, this decade spoke to us a little more directly because of where we were at. Plus, we were at times in our lives where we could get crazily deep into the music. (Between 16-18 years old in ???90 with nothing else to spend our money on, you better believe it was going to records!) So, we KNOW this decade. This is our SHIT!A lot of critics and fans see the early 90s as a Golden Age for hip-hop? Do you feel the same way?[/b]AYRES:Yeah I think the late eighties and early nineties were a great time for hip-hop, and ???Golden Age??? is definitely a meaningful term. At the same time I don???t want to suggest that there was some turning point where hip-hop got bad, because there is still a lot of great music coming out. And you have to take into consideration that a lot of the critics and fans who talk the ???Golden Age??? are in their thirties, and of course we???re going to feel the music we grew up on is the best. In 2012 the oldies station will probably be playing Eminem and Jay-Z and critics will be calling it the Platinum Age.COSMO:The ???Golden Age??? is approximately 1987 through 1994. I guess that it???s really subjective, though, because to a 20 year old listening to this, could they relate to a golden age when they were 7? Probably not. But with me it was because that encompasses my junior high and high school into the beginning of my college years. And there was such an energy at the time. It really felt very fresh and new and alive at the time.ELEVEN:I agree that calling something a ???Golden Age�? is a little dangerous because it assumes that things have gotten worse at a certain point. While hip-hop in the 90s spoke to me in a very specific and exciting way, I love a lot of new hip-hop. In a youth driven art form like hip-hop, there???s great music in any time period.Why do you think it exploded commercially so much in the 90s?[/b]AYRES:I think the people who grew up on hip-hop in the 80s took over the music business in the 90s, not to mention the kids who grew up on rap in the 80s now had more disposable income to buy CDs at the mall. And it was a little less of a rebellious thing in the 90s: It wasn???t as much of a subculture, but it still had that dangerous edge that appeals to teenagers.COSMO:It definitely was a coming of age thing. Radio had been playing the same ???contemporary R&B??? format for the longest time, and let???s be honest, kids that were 16 and 17 weren???t really relating to Anita Baker and Luther Vandross. New Jack Swing was a step in the right direction but also that was just a bridge from the old school R&B to hip-hop. It was in the 90s that we as a community definitely took a hold of things for ourselves. Think of all the upstart imprints, magazines, clothing labels, all that shit at the time. Before hip-hop became ???big business??? it was a commerce free-for-all and everyone was trying to get in where they fit in, but not in a way that was co-opting it or the essence of what the community stood for.ELEVEN:I think it exploded because there was just a sense of possibility. Much in the same way as the dot com boom, anyone with a mic, turntables, a record to put out, an idea for a t-shirt, an idea for a radio mix show, etc. could dive in. Some made it and some didn???t but there was so much enthusiasm from producers and consumers that it just HAD to explode.When we start talking about the business of hip-hop in the 90s, I think of one name. A lot of hip-hop heads have nothing but scorn for Puff Daddy. But, then again, he might have produced the decade???s biggest hits and introduced the world to the genre???s biggest star, The Notorious B.I.G. What influence do you think Bad Boy, Puff, and B.I.G. played on the rest of the decade? Musically, was it positive?[/b]AYRES:Yeah it was definitely positive, a lot of those Bad Boy records are great and really withstood the test of time. And as with anything great, it inspired a lot of copycats and haters. From a moral or intellectual standpoint, Bad Boy isn???t as inspiring as Public Enemy or Ice Cube or Poor Righteous Teachers, but that music isn???t as fun to party to. Notorious B.I.G. is probably my favorite MC of all time, and I still check for new stuff by Lox and Faith Evans, and that Diddy album last year had some good, interesting music on it. Puffy also popularized R&B/Hip-Hop crossover records by pairing up Biggie and Mase with Mary J Blige, 112 and Total. That???s still pretty much the formula for a big radio hit, for better or worse. I???m definitely not mad at Justin Timberlake and Timbaland working together, and that type of pairing might not exist without Puffy. Then again, neither would Making the Band 4.COSMO:Puffy has been so important to this whole thing. Love him or hate him you can???t deny his positive contribution to this thing we call hip-hop. The man made CLASSIC records, he broke legendary artists, he changed the game in relation to sampling, and he broke the business of hip-hop wide open. Plus, I always say that if he wasn???t instrumental or important then he never would have made the cover of ???Midnight Marauders.???ELEVEN:I think Puffy is one of the great POP producers of our time. He has the rare ability to tap into popular culture and reach people. Without a personality with that trait, hip-hop wouldn???t be what it is today. Sure, Russell took it so far, but Puff was able to take it further. Plus, he had the good sense and solid ear to surround himself with amazing producers and artists. I think hating him is taking the lazy way out. Maybe there???s specific things he did or what you THINK he stands for, but you can???t hate the man who brought out Mary J & Biggie. That???d be ridiculous.If
Puffy represented the pop slice, the rest of the decade seemed to be split into two camps: The positive force of the Native Tongues, like Tribe, De La, The Jungle Brothers and the harder edged gangsta rap of Wu-Tang, Dr. Dre, Mobb Deep, etc. The more raw hip-hop started coming out in the early to mid 90s. Do you think there was a certain reaction to the hippie love of earlier rap groups? In the 80s, hip-hop was about the party. Then it started getting more violent.[/b]AYRES:Ehhhh, that???s kind of simplifying it. Eazy E came out in the 80s, and he was violent as hell. I think gangster rap started with Schooly D in the mid 80s. NWA, BDP and Kool G Rap inspired a lot of baby gangsters in the late 80s. I agree it definitely was more the exception to the rule in the 80s. But in the 90s you had you had lots of rappers who would do a gangster song, a song for the ladies, a hip-house song, and a ???check out my dj??? song all on the same album. De La Soul was trying to escape their ???hip-hop hippies??? label by the second album, and that was in 1991. I don???t think that the gangster rappers were so much reacting to the non-violent rappers as they were reflecting what it was like where they grew up. And glorifying it, when they realized it would sell, like Tupac.ELEVEN:The bigger any art form gets the more variation you???ll see in it. I think you could trace some direct lineages like that, but most is a function of there being more room for more people to express more individual visions.Who was the producer of the 90s? Who do you think defined the decade???s sound?[/b]AYRES:God, there???s a bunch of them. There was such a wide variety of sounds between 1990 and 1999. The Bomb Squad, DJ Pooh, Pete Rock, DJ Premier, DJ Quik, Dr Dre, Large Professor, Trackmasters, D-Dot, Timbaland, who else? Sorry, I can???t pick just one.COSMO:So many to say. Those are the big ones. Other dudes like Diamond D of course, and Ski and T-Ray and Tumbling Dice and J-Dilla. Off the top of my head if you were to ask me to name one though I would say Pete Rock.ELEVEN:For me, it???d be Premier. His maturation through the 90s was so profound and important and the impact he had on me was just too great to name anyone else. That being said, I wish I could go back and put my money on Puff.Of course, which MC?[/b]AYRES:I???d have to say Biggie.COSMO:Call me crazy but I???ll say Busta Rhymes. He was relevant all throughout the decade, starting with Leaders and the tie-in with Native Tongues. Not only did he stay consistent but also he progressed with his own sound and music as the sound changed. Plus he was on every single important remix ever. Like there was definitely a time when you heard Busta on a track and you would be like ???OH SHIT??? cause he just brought his own energy to a song and revved it up like crazy. Dude is a legend.ELEVEN:I can???t ever pick one person or do top 5s, except ones of the moment. Right now, I???m stuck between Ice Cube and MOP. From ???Amerikkka???s Most Wanted??? through ???Death Certificate??? he was just too good to not deserve mention. And, MOP, while they are often forgotten or dismissed as just screaming, actually have some pretty intricate rhyme patterns. Plus, they???d fuck you up.What was your favorite year?[/b]AYRES:Probably 1995, when that first wave of Wu-Tang solo albums came out.COSMO:That???s so hard to answer ??? Ayres said 1995 so I???ll say 1996 because that was the year that myspace records started to make a bigger impact on me, and I was working at a record store at the time so I was directly involved with buying a lot of these records and getting them out to folks, and dealing with the records and distributors as well. It was at that time that a lot of us knew that the myspace thing was going to be like this huge wave and it was very exciting.ELEVEN:???92. Gang Starr???s ???Daily Operation??? and Showbiz & AG???s ???Runaway Slave�??? are two of my favorite records of all time.Who do you remember seeing live that really moved you in the 90s? Any tour? Small act in a small club? DJ?[/b]AYRES:My first concert was Public Enemy, Naughty By Nature, MC Lyte and Geto Boys. That must have been 1991 or 1992. That was in the coliseum in Jackson, Mississippi and it was just an incredible show. What???s funny is that I just took Eleven and Cosmo to see a rodeo in the Jackson coliseum last year and it blew their mind! Once I was living in New York I saw a ton of great acts. De La Soul and Jungle Brothers were so good live. Pharcyde and Souls of Mischief had a really memorable show, too. The Roots of course, I got to see them several times from 1995 on and they were always super. Beastie Boys were great, Ice Cube too.COSMO:First thing I thought of was the De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest and Leaders Of The New School show in 1991 at The Ritz I think, in New York. It was amazing. ???Low End Theory??? and ???De La Soul Is Dead??? had just dropped and all the groups were at the top of their game. It???s the same concert where the got the live footage for the ???Scenario??? video. Plus there were live performances in between sets by Large Professor, Chi Ali and Serch. Definitely cool as hell. It was my first real ???big??? show in New York and in a sense it was like me making my pilgrimage, and to have it to see this particular show made an incredible impact on me.ELEVEN:Seeing Common and the Beatnuts open for The Roots was definitely a high point to me. Also getting to catch the Outkast/Goodie MOB guys and the Boot Camp crew the first times they stopped thru the Bay Area. Seeing Rakim lip sync was a very low point though.Who has been your favorite artist from the 90s that you???ve performed with?AYRES:Hmm, maybe Redman, we played a show with him for The Fader at SxSW and he was really good. A while back at The Rub we brought out Jeru unnanounced and he did ???Come Clean??? and that was really fun. I think this is a better question for Cosmo, but I???d phrase it ???Who was your favorite artist you performed with IN the 90s????COSMO:Performed with IN the 90s? Probably The Roots because we did mad shows together, in basements and in warehouses and shit like that. That was a great time in Philly ??? the early to mid 90s. Frickin' incredible, we were all just kids at the time too. But other than that there???s tons. Jay-Z is a ???90s??? artist, right? Doing a Jay-Z show in front of 15,000 people was dope.ELEVEN:While it wasn???t in the 90s, Ayres and I getting to open for Nice & Smooth was a huge highlight for me. Those dudes??? energy is just too dope. They could???ve been the Simply II Positive MCs instead of Organized Konfusion.AYRES:Yeah I was going to mention that, Nice & Smooth was great. I think I ended up DJing for Special Ed at that show. Man, he???s a hell of a live vocalist, buttery smooth.Ayres, you did a small tour with Ghostface this year. What was that like?[/b]AYRES:I???ve done a couple of those tours and they are always really fun. Ghost is such a character and his catalog is deep. Plus he performs with a band, Rhythm Roots Allstars, and they do an excellent job of playing the beats in a way that also draws on their knowing all thos
e original soul songs that RZA sampled on all that classic Wu shit inside and out. But, yeah, Ghost is a genuine dude, and he puts his heart into it so it???s always fun to see what he???s going to do. I???m jealous of Cosmo, he???s going out on a similar tour with Brand Nubian in a few weeks.COSMO:Brand Nubian has so much material, collectively and as soloists, to do an ill show. Hell, I mean they can just do the entire ???All For One??? album and it???s a wrap!ELEVEN:Cosmo ??? if they don???t do ???Concerto in X Minor??? can you do me a solid and only call him Derek?As always, you guys are out on the road and performing. When do guys get a chance to put the series together?[/b]AYRES:I don???t know, we just block out time when we???re home and make it happen. We don???t sleep much. But I like doing this, it feels like a serial accomplishment, because it really is a ton of work to do it right, to not feel like we missed anything, and to do the music justice. I???m sure I overthink it, like everything, but part of the fun to me is sort of challenging the canon of old-school classics and reminding other DJs that you can do a great old-school hip-hop set and make it a little more interesting that just the staples. I love joints like ???They Reminisce Over You,??? ???I Got It Made,??? ???DWYCK,??? ???Passin Me By,??? etc, but DJs lean on these tunes so much, I could go without hearing them again for a while. Dig deeper! That???s what keeps shit fun. (Ed. Note: Kids! Words of wisdom!) So I hope people will refer to these shows in the future the way we did to the our old Tony Touch and Doo Wop tapes when we were doing them.COSMO:Fuck it man, we love doing this. Straight up. We love this music and like I said there???s such a personal connection to it with us, it???s a labor of love.ELEVEN: The sense of purpose keeps us going. We HAVE to do it and we HAVE to get it as right as we???re capable of. What the fuck else are we going to do? Not do it justice? Fuck that! We might as well go get jobs instead.To get the History of Hip-Hop series, go to http://www.brooklynradio.net/shows/the-rub. The Archive of 79-89 shows is here: http://www.itstherub.com/radio.htm#history

Comments

• ayres, cosmo, and eleven...

always love these. Thank you for doing them.

Ayres...

the period at the end of these links is making them not work.

http://www.brooklynradio.net/shows/the-rub.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this series is inspiring and it is helping me put together y classes some Hiphop101 com munity classes project i want to run

good work guys and nice to read about the upcoming tours...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

The Rub History Of Hip-Hop Volume 12: 1990 (Mixed by Cosmo Baker)

STREAM http://www.brooklynradio.net/shows/the-rub#

PODCAST http://feeds.feedburner.com/the-rub

DOWNLOAD http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/the-rub/~5/212639382/therub20080107.mp3.mp3

1: Above The Law "Another Execution"
    2: Ice Cube "Once Upon A Time In The Projects"
    3: Brand Nubian "Who Can Get Busy Like This Man?"
    4: Main Source "Just Hanging Out"
    5: Eric B. & Rakim "Mahogany"
    6: Compton's Most Wanted "Give It Up"
    7: CPO "Ballad Of A Menace"
    8: Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth "Here I Come"
    9: Omniscence "Lost In The Music"
    10: Gang Starr "Love Sick"
    11: Digital Underground "Freaks Of The Industry"
    12: Lakim Shabazz "The Lost Tribe Of Shabazz"
    13: King Tee "Played Like A Piano"
    14: K-Solo "Fugitive"
    15: Kool G. Rap "Streets Of New York"
    16: Masta Ace "Me & The Biz"
    17: The Geto Boys "Gangster Of Love"
    18: A Tribe Called Quest "Bonita Applebum"
    19: A Tribe Called Quest "Push It Along"
    20: Freshco & Miz "Ain't You Freshco?"
    21: Eric B. & Rakim "In The Ghetto"
    22: Main Source "Just A Friendly Game Of Baseball"
    23: Nice & Smooth "No Bones In Ice Cream"
    24: Dooley-O "Watch My Moves"
    25: D-Nice "Call Me D-Nice"
    26: Boogie Down Productions "Material Love"
    27: Special Ed "Living Like A Star"
    28: Poor Righteous Teachers "Rock This Funky Joint"
    29: Big Daddy Kane "Young Gifted And Black"
    30: Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth "Funky Technician"
    31: Third Bass "Product Of The Environment"
    32: LL Cool J "Eat 'Em Up LL, Chill"
    33: The Geto Boys "Scarface"
    34: Above The Law "Murder Rap"
    35: Low Profile "Playing For Keeps"
    36: Ron B "Stitch By Stitch"
    37: Main Source "Snake Eyes"
    38: Chill Rob G. "Let Me Show You (Prince Paul Remix)"
    39: K-Solo "Your Mom's In Our Business"
    40: The Flavor Unit "The Flavor Unit Assassination Squad"
    41: 415 "Lavish"
    42: Too $hort "The Ghetto"
    43: Three Times Dope "No Words"
    44: Special Ed "The Mission"
    45: Main Source "Think"
    46: Third Bass "3 Strikes 5000"
    47: KMD "Gasface Refill"
    48: 360 Degrees "Somebody Like Me"
    49: Gang Starr "Just To Get A Rep"
    50: Public Enemy "911 Is A Joke"
    51: YZ "Sons Of The Father"
    52: Brand Nubian "Drop The Bomb"
    53: Lord Alibaski "Crunch Time"
    54: X-Clan "Heed The Word Of The Brother"
    55: Kinds Of Swing "Nod Your Head To This"
    56: Special Ed "Ready 2 Attack"
    57: Special Ed "I'm The Magnificent (Remix)"
    58: Gang Starr "Who's Gonna Take The Weight"
    59: Three Times Dope "In Effect"
    60: A Tribe Called Quest "Youthful Expression"
    61: Brand Nubian "Ragtime"
    62: 415 "415in"
    63: X-Clan "Days Of Outrage, Operation Snatchback"
    64: Ice Cube "Amerikkka's Most Wanted"
    65: Kid Frost "La Raza"
    66: Kool G Rap & DJ Polo "Talk Like Sex"
    67: Monie Love "It's A Shame"
    68: A Tribe Called Quest "Pubic Enemy"
    69: Intelligent Hoodlum "Trag Invasion"
    70: N.W.A. "100 Miles And Running"
    71: E.P.M.D. "I'm Mad"
    72: E.P.M.D. "Rampage"
    73: LL Cool J "Jingling Baby (Remixed And Still Jingling)"
    74: Public Enemy "Welcome To The Terrordome"

Greetings, salutations! We're back up in this motherfucker with the History of Hip-Hop volume 13: 1991. DJ Eleven dug in the crates and mixed this week's edition and it goes hard! For the nineties we're going to keep the shows around two hours long, and even then we have to leave out a lot of good records. So with no further ado, 1991!

Stream: http://www.brooklynradio.net/the-rub
    Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/the-rub
    Download: http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/the-rub/~5/216021203/therub20080115.mp3

1. NWA ??? Alwayz Into Somethin???
    2. Cypress Hill ??? Latin Lingo
    3. Black Sheep ??? Butt In The Meantime
    4. De La Soul ??? Afro Connections At A Hi 5 (In The Eyes Of The Hoodlum)
    5. Ice Cube ??? A Bird In The Hand
    6. Compton???s Most Wanted ??? Growin??? Up In The Hood
    7. Public Enemy ??? Shut Em Down (Pete Rock Remix)
    8. Ed OG ??? Gotta Have It
    9. The Geto Boys ??? Mind Playing Tricks on Me
    10. Del Tha Funky Homosapien ??? Pissin??? On Your Steps
    11. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Check The Rhime
    12. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince ??? Summertime
    13. Ice Cube ??? Steady Mobbin???
    14. Gang Starr ??? Step In The Arena
    15. MC Lyte ??? Poor Georgie
    16. Nice & Smooth ??? Hip Hop Junkies (Spanish Fly Mix)
    17. K.M.D. ??? Nitty Gritty (Dog Spelled Bkwds mix) (feat. Busta Rhymes & Brand Nubian)
    18. Black Sheep ??? The Choice Is Yours (Revisited)
    19. Del Tha Funky Homosapien ??? Mistadobalina
    20. Tim Dog ??? Fuck Compton
    21. DJ Quik ??? Born And Raised In Compton
    22. Main Source ??? Live At The Barbecue
    23. Digital Underground ??? Same Song (feat. 2Pac)
    24. MC Breed ??? Ain???t No Future in Yo Frontin???
    25. AMG ??? Bitch Betta Have My Money
    26. AMG ??? Jiggable Pie
    27. Nice & Smooth ??? Sometimes I Rhyme Slow
    28. DJ Quik ??? Tonight
    29. Del Tha Funky Homosapien ??? The Wacky World of Rapid Transit
    30. Ice Cube ??? Doing Dumb Shit
    31. Scarface ??? Born Killer
    32. A Tribe Called Quest ??? What?
    33. Raw Fusion ??? Throw Your Hands In The Air
    34. De La Soul ??? Ring Ring Ring (Ha Ha Hey)
    35. Leaders Of The New School ??? Sobb Story
    36. Cypress Hill ??? The Phuncky Feel One
    37. DJ Quik ??? Sweet Black Pussy
    38. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Buggin??? Out
    39. Naughty By Nature ??? O.P.P
    40. Poor Righteous Teachers ??? Shakila
    41. Poor Righteous Teachers ??? Easy Star
    42. De La Soul ??? Bitties In The BK Lounge
    43. Gang Starr ??? Credit Is Due
    44. Scarface ??? The Pimp
    45. Black Sheep ??? La Menage feat. Q ??? Tip
    46. De La Soul ??? Millie Pulled A Pistol On Santa
    47. Scarface ??? A Minute to Pray and a Second to Die

Hip-Hop History continues with 2 hours of bangers from 1992, mixed by DJ Eleven!

Stream at BrooklynRadio.net / Download / Podcast

1. Gang Starr ??? 24/7/365 Interlude
    2. Redman ??? Time for Some Action
    3. Brand Nubian ??? Punks Jump Up
    4. Brand Nubian ??? Punks Jump Up (Remix)
    5. Das EFX ??? Mic Checka (Remix)
    6. Gang Starr ??? DWYCK
    7. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Scenario (Remix)
    8. Pete Rock & CL Smooth ??? Straighten It Out
    9. Showbiz & A.G. ??? Hold Ya Head
    10. Gang Starr ??? 92 Interlude
    11. Gang Starr ??? Conspiracy
    12. Nas ??? Halftime
    13. Chi Ali ??? Age Ain???t Nothin But A Number
    14. Pete Rock & CL Smooth ??? Skinz (feat. Grand Puba)
    15. Brand Nubian ??? Steal Ya ???Ho
    16. Gang Starr ??? Take It Personal
    17. Showbiz & A.G. ??? Hard to Kill
    18. NWA ??? N??????z 4 Life
    19. Diamond & The Psychotic Neurotics ??? I???m Outta Here
    20. Gang Starr ??? I???m The Man
    21. Redman ??? Blow Your Mind (Remix)
    22. EPMD ??? Cros sover
    23. Diamond & The Psychotic Neurotics ??? I Went For Mine
    24. N2Deep ??? Back to the Hotel
    25. Ray Luv ??? Get Ya Money On
    26. House Of Pain ??? Jump Around (Pete Rock Remix)
    27. Ultramagnetic MCs ??? Poppa Large
    28. Public Enemy ??? Nighttrain (Pete Rock mix)
    29. Big Daddy Kane ??? Nuff Respect Due
    30. Eric B. & Rakim ??? Juice (Know The Ledge)
    31. Eric B. & Rakim ??? Don???t Sweat The Technique
    32. Double XX Posse ??? Not Gonna Be Able To Do It
    33. Grand Puba ??? 360?? (What Goes Around) (SD50 Remix)
    34. Naughty By Nature ??? Uptown Anthem
    35. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ??? T.R.O.Y. (They Reminisce Over You)
    36. MC Serch ??? Back To The Grill
    37. Das EFX ??? Jussumen (Pete Rock Remix)
    38. Das EFX ??? They Want EFX
    39. Apache ??? Gangster Bitch
    40. Arrested Development ??? People Everyday
    41. Fu Schnickens ??? Ring the Alarm
    42. Dr. Dre ??? Lil Ghetto Boy
    43. Dr. Dre ??? Nuthin??? But A ???G??? Thang
    44. D.J Pooh ??? Sex, Money & Murder
    45. Too $hort ??? I Want To Be Free (That???s The Truth)
    46. Too $hort ??? In The Trunk
    47. Son of Bazerk ??? What Could Be Better Bitch
    48. The Beastie Boys ??? So What???cha Want
    49. Pharcyde ??? Passin Me By
    50. Grand Puba ??? Soul Controller
    51. Kool G Rap ??? Ill Street Blues
    52. Dr. Dre ??? Stranded On Death Row

Every week we hit you with another year - this week I stepped up to the plate and knocked it out the box! 93 was the year of "Enter the 36 Chambers," "Midnight Marauders," "Intoxicated Demons," "Bacdafucup," "Enta Da Stage," "Doggystyle," "Buhloone Mind State," "Return of the Boom Bap" and so many other classic albums. Enjoy!

Stream: http://www.brooklynradio.net/shows/the-rub#
    Download: http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/the-rub/~5/224156253/therub2008129.mp3
    Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/the-rub

1. Souls of Mischief ??? 93 Til Infinity
    2. Cypress Hill ??? Insane In The Brain
    3. Black Moon ??? Who Got Da Props
    4. Lords of the Underground ??? Chief Rocker
    5. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Protect Ya Neck
    6. M.O.P. ??? How About Some Hardcore
    7. Beatnuts ??? Psycho Dwarf
    8. Onyx ??? Slam
    9. Run DMC f. Pete Rock ??? Down With the King
    10. KRS One ??? Sound of the Police
    11. Fat Joe ??? Flow Joe
    12. Masta Ace, Inc ??? Born to Roll
    13. Snoop Doggy Dogg ??? The Shiznit
    14. MC Breed f. Tupac ??? I Gotta Get Mine
    15. De La Soul ??? Breakadawn
    16. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Award Tour
    17. Leaders of the New School ??? What???s Next + Large Pro Remix
    18. Nubian Crackers f. Artifacts ??? Do You Wanna Hear It
    19. Funkmaster Flex ??? Six Million Ways to Die
    20. KRS One ??? Outta Here
    21. Del tha Funkee Homosapien ??? Catch A Bad One
    22. Casual ??? I Didn???t Mean To
    23. Ice Cube ??? You Know How We Do It
    24. Domino ??? Ghetto Jam
    25. The Nonce ??? Mix Tapes
    26. Freestyle Fellowship ??? Inner City Boundaries
    27. Boss ??? Deeper
    28. Tupac ??? Keep Your Head Up
    29. Redman ??? All Night Long
    30. Tragedy aka Intelligent Hoodlum ??? Grand Groove
    31. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Can It Be All So Simple
    32. Jeru tha Damaja ??? Come Clean
    33. Big L ??? Devil???s Son
    34. Ultramagnetic MCs ??? Two Brothers With Checks
    35. Beatnuts ??? Reign of the Tec
    36. KRS One ??? Hip-Hop vs Rap
    37. Tupac ft Digital Underground ??? I Get Around
    38. Snoop Doggy Dogg ??? Gin and Juice
    39. Ice Cube ft Das EFX ??? Check Yo Self
    40. Too Short ??? Don???t Fight the Intro
    41. RBL Posse ??? Bammer Weed
    42. Tha Alkaholiks ??? Only When I???m Drunk
    43. LL Cool J ??? Pink Cookies in a Plastic Bag
    44. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Method Man
    45. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Wu-Tang Clan Ain???t Nothin to Fuck With
    46. De La Soul ??? Ego Trippin (Part Two)
    47. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Electric Relaxation

As we continue with the Hip-Hop History, we bring you two hours of the finest rap music from 1994. Mixed by me, DJ Ayres. Enjoy!

Stream
    Download
    Podcast

Tracks -

1. Craig Mack f. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes ??? Flava in Ya Ear (remix)
    2. O.C. ??? Time???s Up (DJ Ayres blend)
    3. Nas ??? N.Y. State of Mind
    4. Notorious B.I.G. ??? Unbelievable
    5. Jeru tha Damaja ??? D. Original
    6. Gangstarr f. Jeru & Lil Dap ??? Speak Ya Clout
    7. Artifacts ??? Wrong Side of Da Tracks
    8. Smif N Wessun ??? Bucktown
    9. Organized Konfusion ??? Stress (Pete Rock remix)
    10. Crooklyn Dodgers ??? Crooklyn
    11. Common Sense ??? Resurrection (DJ Ayres Blend)
    12. Keith Murray ??? The Most Beautifullest Thing in this World
    13. Notorious B.I.G. ??? Juicy
    14. Method Man f. Mary J Blige ??? You???re All I Need (Remix)
    15. Nas ??? It Ain???t Hard to Tell (+ Pete Rock Remix)
    16. Group Home ??? Supa Star
    17. Gang Starr ??? The ? Remains MIXDOWN
    18. KRS One f. Channel Live ??? Mad Izm
    19. Redman ??? Can???t Wait
    20. A Tribe Called Quest f. Busta Rhymes ??? One Two Shit
    21. The Coup ??? Dig It
    22. Casual ??? Lose in the End
    23. Saafir ??? Battle Drill
    24. KMD f. MF Grimm ??? What A Niggy Know
    25. Jeru tha Damaja ??? You Can???t Stop the Prophet
    26. Lady of Rage ??? Afro Puffs
    27. Notorious B.I.G. ??? Warning
    28. Snoop Doggy Dogg ??? Murder Was The Case
    29. Gravediggaz ??? Diary of a Madman
    30. Ultramagnetic MCs ??? Raise It Up
    31. A Tribe Called Quest f. No Naim ??? Oh My God (remix)
    32. Digable Planets ??? 9th Wonder (Blackitolism)
    33. The Fugees ??? Nappy Heads remix
    34. Da Bush Babees ??? We Run Things
    35. Kurious ??? I???m Kurious
    36. Ill and Al Scratch ??? Where My Homies
    37. Outkast f. Goodie Mobb ??? Git Up, Git Out
    38. Odd Squad ??? Fa Sho
    39. Scarface ??? I Seen A Man Die
    40. Big Mike ??? Playa Playa
    41. E-40 and the Click ??? Captain Save A Hoe
    42. Bone Thugs N Harmony ??? Thuggish Ruggish Bone
    43. Eightball & MJG ??? No Sellout
    44. UGK ??? Front, Back and Side to Side
    45. Dru Down ??? Ice Cream Man Warren G f. Nate Dog ??? Regulate
    46. Black Moon ??? Buck Em Down remix
    47. The Roots ??? Proceed

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I really like that photo of you Cosmo.

And I also really like that y'all manage to work in the RBL's, Odd Squads, and Big Mike's into your mixes.

Lotta props...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Historical carpetbagging personified! J/K thanks Harvey!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    These have been in heavy iPod rotation. I think I listened to 1992 for about 5 days straight last week on the way to and from work.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It's bastards like you that are forcing me to upgrade to a 500GB external (and I already have two 250s)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    As someone who was either not yet alive or very young when all of this music was coming out, this whole series has been amazing and educational - the internet is great for rare material but too few people are out there playing dope hip-hop classics for the masses. Much respect and gratitude.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yes! Just cleaned out my mp3 player so I can enjoy all the nineties mixes again. Love the range of the selections offered on all these - many thanks again.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    this shit has gotten me through my day.

also, just want to that DJ Quik is a Frickin' beast.

great album

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

1995 is up! This might be my favorite year in hip-hop history and Cosmo went in real heavy. The thirty five cents short on my two for five overlooker! Straight like that, 1995.

Stream - http://www.brooklynradio.net/the-rub
    Podcast - http://feeds.feedburner.com/the-rub
    Download - http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/the-rub/~5/232912634/20080211therub.mp3

1. Real Live ???Real Live Shit???
    2. Smooth Da Hustler ???Broken Language??? feat. Trigger The Gambler
    3. Luniz ???I Got 5 On It???
    4. Mic Geronimo ???Masta I.C.???
    5. Q-Ball & Curt Cazal ???My Kinda Moves???
    6. J-Live ???Braggin??? Writes???
    7. The Nonce ???Bus Stop???
    8. B.U.M.S. ???Elevation (Free My Mind)???
    9. Smif N Wessin ???Sound Bwoy Bureill???
    10. The Click ???Hot Ones Through The Ghetto???
    11. Kool G Rap ???Take ???Em To War feat. MF Grimm???
    12. Lord Finesse ???No Gimmicks??? Brainstorm Remix feat. O.C.
    13. Mobb Deep ???Temperature???s Rising???
    14. Mobb Deep ???Temperature???s Rising??? (The Abstract Remix)
    15. Das EFX ???Microphone Master??? (DJ Spinna Remix)
    16. Junior M.A.F.I.A. ???Players Anthem???
    17. Blahzay Blahzay ???Danger (When The East Is In The House)???
    18. Mad Skillz ???Skillz In ???95???
    19. Organized Konfusion ???You Won???t Go Far??? feat. O.C.
    20. Ten Thieves ???It Don???t Matter???
    21. Black Moon ???Headz Ain???t Ready??? (Remix feat. Smif N Wessin)???
    22. Ahmad ???Come Widdie feat. Ras Kass & Saffir???
    23. Jay-Z ???Can???t Get Wit That???
    24. The Roots ???Silent Treatment??? (Kelo???s Remix)
    25. Ill Al Scratch ???Don???t Shut Down On A Player???
    26. Lost Boys ???Lex Coups, Bimaz & Benz???
    27. GZA ???4th Chamber???
    28. GZA ???Liquid Swords???
    29. Big L ???Put It On???
    30. Artifacts ???Dynamite Soul (Lip Service Remix feat. Mad Skillz)???
    31. KRS One ???MCs Act Like They Don???t Know???
    32. Group Home ???Up Against The Wall (Low Budget Mix)???
    33. Group Home ???The Realness???
    34. Roxanne Shante ???Queen Pin???
    35. AZ ???Sugar Hill??? (Remix)
    36. Showbiz & A.G. ???U Know Now??? (Buckwild Remix)
    37. Da Youngsta???z ???I???ll Make You Famous???
    38. Ruggedness Madd Drama ???Make U Go Crazy???
    39. World Renoun ???Come Take A Ride???
    40. Notorious B.I.G. ???One More Chance??? (Stay With Me Remix)
    41. Notorious B.I.G. ???One More Chance??? (Hip-Hop Remix)
    42. Common ???Resurrection??? (Large Professor Remix)
    43. Common Ressuerction??? (Extra P Remix)
    44. D&D All-Stars ???1, 2 Pass It???
    45. Shabazz The Disciple ???Death Be The Penalty???
    46. Raekwon The Chef ???Ice Cream???
    47. Method Man ???I???ll Be There For You / You???re All I Need To Get By feat. Mary J. Blige??? (Razor Sharp Remix)
    48. Bahamadia ???Uknowhowwedo???
    49. Junior M.A.F.I.A. ???Get Money??? (Remix)
    50. Junior M.A.F.I.A. ???Get Money???
    51. Notorious B.I.G. ???Who Shot You????
    52. 2Pac ???Me Against The World???
    53. Young D Boyz ???Keep On Poppin??? The Dope Track???
    54. Broadway ???Must Stay Paid???
    55. Lost Boyz ???Lifestyles Of The Rich And Shameless???
    56. Outkast ???Benz Or Beamer???
    57. Da Bush Babees ???Remember We??? (Salaam Remi Remix)
    58. GZA ???Shadowboxing??? feat. Method Man Redman & Method Man ???How High???
    59. Das EFX ???Real Hip-Hop???
    60. Fat Joe ???Shit Is Real??? (DJ Premier Remix)
    61. Crooklyn Dodgers ???95 ???Return Of The Crooklyn Dodgers???
    62. Big Noyd ???Recognize & Realize???
    63. Mobb Deep ???Give Up The Goods (Just Step)???
    64. Keith Murray ???I Get Lifted???
    65. Sadat X & Akinyele ???Loud Hangover???
    66. Ol Dirty Bastard ???Brooklyn Zoo???
    67. Mad Skillz ???The Nod Factor???
    68. Grand Puba ???I Like It (I Wanna Be Where You Are)???
    69. LL Cool J ???Doin??? It???
    70. Pharcyde ???Runnin???
    71. The Dove Shack ???Summertime In The LBC???
    72. The Alkaholiks ???Daaam!??? (Buckwild Remix)
    73. Jurassic 5 ???Unified Rebellion???
    74. Funkmaster Flex ???Nuthin??? But Flava??? feat. Charlie Brown, Ol Dirty Bastard & Biz Markie
    75. Lords Of The Underground ???What I???m After??? (Sir Charles Mix)
    76. Ol Dirty Bastard ???Shimmy Shimmy Ya??? Rakim ???Last Resort???
    77. Mobb Deep ???Shook Ones Pt. 2???
    78. E-40 ???Sideways??? feat. B-Legit
    79. Tha Alkaholiks ???The Next Level???
    80. Nine ???Whucha Want????
    81. Rude Riddim Experiment ???Everybody Bounce???
    82. Doug E. Fresh ???Where The Party At????
    83. Bone Thugs N Harmony ???First of The Month???
    84. TRU ???Bout It, Bout It???
    85. Three 6 Mafia ???Tear The Club Up???

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    That Q-Ball and Curt Cazal song is Frickin' GREAT!!

(i never heard this shit before surprisingly)

anyone got it for trade??

great mix guys

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    these are awesome guys, love it, play them at the gym, THANKS

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    "1996 is up!

I was truly psyched about doing 1996 because that was a very special year for me and it had a lot of impact. I had just moved back to Philly from New York (proving, at least for the time being, that nobody moves away from New York - they just "fail.") I was back in my hometown with no prospects and really nothing going for me. Over the past 18 months I had been living in New York and had been working in Eightball Records, fully involved in the downtown hip-hop scene. 1995 was such a good year for hip-hop (especially the New York-centric type) and I was at the epicenter of it all. Now I didn't really know what to do with myself. I had resumed classes at Temple and then got a job at Armand's records.

Before I knew it was at the middle of it again and, for the first time in a while, independent records really started to make a lot of noise. Being a buyer at Armand's definitely helped with that, and I got the chance to get my hands on pretty much all this new shit that nobody had heard of. I started to deal with Peanut Butter Wolf (he was still just a buyer at TRC Distribution in California) so I would get all this crazy California myspace shit. Then, I re-linked up with my man Jared and started to help him with his record label, Illadelph Records. I went from being a "soundboard" for ideas for him to a semi A&R status to one of the in-house producers and a member of the Militant Mind State very shortly.

I also started to DJ again in Philly. The last residency I had was with King Britt and Dozia at Back To Basics but I left that behind. But I started again with a Monday night at Cafe Limbo playing all sorts of myspace shit as well as funk and whatnot. Before I knew it, I got a call about a new club opening up, The Palmer, and they wanted me to spin there. I went from 1 night a week 2 5 within a couple months.

So yeah, 1996 was a year or rebirth for me. It was also a very good year in music. This mix was a labor of love but it was particularly hard for me to do, in particular because there was so much great stuff that came out that year that I wanted to put on. It was so hard to pick and choose what to use from "Stakes is High," "Reasonable Doubt," "All Eyes On Me," "ATLiens," "The Coming," "Beats, Rhymes & Life," "Endtroducing," "Riding Dirty" - the list goes on and on. And that's not even including the myspace shit. So I hope I did this year justice.

Also, 1996 was the year that Dilla REALLY made an impact on me. It was '96 that I said to myself "This motherfucker right here is the REAL DEAL."

Anyways, with that, I present 1996. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it!"

- CB[/i]

STREAM[/b]
    PODCAST[/b]

Chubb Rock & Biz Markie "No Rubber, No Backstage Pass"
    MC Eiht "You Can't See Me" (DJ Spinna Remix)
    Mac Mall "Get Right"
    Outkast "Elevators"
    Royal Flush "Worldwide"
    Shyheim "Shaolin Style" feat. Squig
    UGK "You Don't Know Me"
    Jay-Z "Cashmere Thoughts"
    Lil' Kim "Queen Bitch"
    M.O.P. "Brownsville"
    Company Flow "8 Steps To Perfection"
    Nonchalant "5 O'Clock"
    Bushwackas "Caught Up In The Game"
    Dutchmin "Get Your Swerve On"
    Jungle Brothers "How You Want It (We Got It)" (Native Tongues Remix)
    Busta Rhymes "Everything Remains Raw"
    Adagio "The Obvious Joint"
    Capone -N- Noreaga "LA, LA" (Kuwait Mix feat. Mobb Deep & Tragedy Khadafi)
    Sadat X "Stages & Lights"
    The Arsonists "The Session"
    Royal Flush "Rotten Apple"
    Ini "Fakin' Jax"
    J-Live "Braggin Writes" (DJ Spinna Remix)
    Redman "Pick It Up"
    Too Short "Buy You Some" feat. Erick Sermon
    Sleestak'z "Ruination"
    Absent Minded "Childs Play" (Left Stranded Mix)
    Biz Markie "Studda Step"
    Natural Resource "Negro League Baseball"
    A-Plus "All I See"
    Artifacts "The Ultimate"
    Jay-Z "Friend Or Foe"
    East Flatbush Project "Tried By 12"
    Al Tariq "Peace Akki"
    Fugees "Fu-Gee-La"
    Scarface & Facemob "Skrilla"
    Concrete Mob "Boiling Point"
    Dr. Octagon "Bear Witness"
    Constant Deviants "Competition Catch Speed Knots"
    Jeru The Damaja "Ya' Playing Yaself"
    Nas "Street Dreams"
    2Pac "Toss It Up" feat. Danny Boy, Aaron Hall & KC & Jojo
    Lost Boyz "Renee" (Mr. Sex L.B. Fam Version"
    Large Professor "Ijustwannachill"
    De La Soul "Stakes Is High"
    Dark Sun Riders "Dark Sun Riders" (Ultra Jazz Remix)
    Young Zee "Juice" feat. Rah Digga
    Mobb Deep "Hell On Earth (Front Lines)"
    Just Ro "Confusion" feat. Common
    The Roots "What They Do"
    Da Fat Cat Clique "Live From Fox Valley"
    Keith Murray "The Rhyme" (Jay Dee Remix)
    Busta Rhymes "Woo Hah!! Got You All In Check" feat, Rampage The Last Boyscout
    De La Soul "Big Brother Beat"
    Money Boss Players "Games"
    Real Live "Day You Die"
    LL Cool J "Summer Love"
    Big Noyd "Usual Suspects" (Stretch Armstrong Remix)
    Nine "Lyin' King"
    Kool G Rap "Fast Life" feat. Nas (Norfside Remix)
    Redman "Rock The Spot"
    Heltah Skeltah "Lehflaur Leflah Eshkshoka"
    Bounty Killer "Change Like The Weather" feat. Busta Rhymes & Junior Reid
    Jigmasters "Beyond Real"
    Da Bush Babees "The Love Song" feat. Mos Def
    Outkast "2 Dope Boyz (In A Cadillac)
    The Almighty RSO (One In The Champer (The RSO Saga Pt. 2)
    Spice 1 "Why You Wanna Funk?" feat. E-40 & The Click
    Westside Connection "Bow Dow"
    2Pac "Picture Me Rollin'" feat. Syke & C Bo
    The Pharcyde "Runnin'" (Jay Dee Remix)
    A Tribe Called Quest "1nce Again"
    Masters At Work "Get Up"
    Lost Boyz "Get Up" (Remix)
    Foxy Brown "Get You Home"
    Greg Nyce "Set It Off"
    Mac The Maniac "What Goes Up" (Remix feat. Chubb Rock & King Just)
    Lil' Kim "Big Momma Thing" feat. Jay-Z
    DJ Krush "Meiso" feat. The Roots
    A Tribe Called Quest "Get A Hold"
    Ghostface Killah "Daytona 500"
    Ghostface Killah "Iron Maiden"
    DJ Shadow "The Number Song" (Cut Chemist Remix)
    Bone Thugs-N-Harmony "Crossroads"
    Crucial Conflict "Hay"
    Do Or Die "Po Pimp" feat. Twista
    UGK "One Day"
    Eightball & MJG "Listen To Me Now"
    Coolio "Gangsa's Paradise"
    B-Legit "Ghetto Smile"
    Akinyele "Put It In My Mouth"
    Goodie Mob "Cell Therapy" feat. Outkast
    G. Dep "Head Over Wheels"
    Camp Lo "Luchini (This Is It)"
    2Pac "Hail Mary"

• Options

1995 is up! This might be my favorite year in hip-hop history and Cosmo went in real heavy. The thirty five cents short on my two for five overlooker! Straight like that, 1995.

Stream - http://www.brooklynradio.net/the-rub
    Podcast - http://feeds.feedburner.com/the-rub
    Download - http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/the-rub/~5/232912634/20080211therub.mp3

47. Method Man ???I???ll Be There For You / You???re All I Need To Get By feat. Mary J. Blige??? (Razor Sharp Remix)
    59. Das EFX ???Real Hip-Hop???
    74. Funkmaster Flex ???Nuthin??? But Flava??? feat. Charlie Brown, Ol Dirty Bastard & Biz Markie

Holy fuck.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Cosmo did 1996:

I was truly psyched about doing 1996 because that was a very special year for me and it had a lot of impact. I had just moved back to Philly from New York (proving, at least for the time being, that nobody moves away from New York - they just "fail.") I was back in my hometown with no prospects and really nothing going for me. Over the past 18 months I had been living in New York and had been working in Eightball Records, fully involved in the downtown hip-hop scene. 1995 was such a good year for hip-hop (especially the New York-centric type) and I was at the epicenter of it all. Now I didn't really know what to do with myself. I had resumed classes at Temple and then got a job at Armand's records.

Before I knew it was at the middle of it again and, for the first time in a while, independent records really started to make a lot of noise. Being a buyer at Armand's definitely helped with that, and I got the chance to get my hands on pretty much all this new shit that nobody had heard of. I started to deal with Peanut Butter Wolf (he was still just a buyer at TRC Distribution in California) so I would get all this crazy California myspace shit. Then, I re-linked up with my man Jared and started to help him with his record label, Illadelph Records. I went from being a "soundboard" for ideas for him to a semi A&R status to one of the in-house producers and a member of the Militant Mind State very shortly.

I also started to DJ again in Philly. The last residency I had was with King Britt and Dozia at Back To Basics but I left that behind. But I started again with a Monday night at Cafe Limbo playing all sorts of myspace shit as well as funk and whatnot. Before I knew it, I got a call about a new club opening up, The Palmer, and they wanted me to spin there. I went from 1 night a week 2 5 within a couple months.

So yeah, 1996 was a year or rebirth for me. It was also a very good year in music. This mix was a labor of love but it was particularly hard for me to do, in particular because there was so much great stuff that came out that year that I wanted to put on. It was so hard to pick and choose what to use from "Stakes is High," "Reasonable Doubt," "All Eyes On Me," "ATLiens," "The Coming," "Beats, Rhymes & Life," "Endtroducing," "Riding Dirty" - the list goes on and on. And that's not even including the myspace shit. So I hope I did this year justice.

Also, 1996 was the year that Dilla REALLY made an impact on me. It was '96 that I said to myself "This motherfucker right here is the REAL DEAL."

Anyways, with that, I present 1996. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it!

- CB

STREAM[/b]
    PODCAST[/b]

Mac Mall "Get Right"
    Outkast "Elevators"
    Royal Flush "Worldwide"
    UGK "You Don't Know Me"
    Lil' Kim "Queen Bitch"
    M.O.P. "Brownsville"
    Nonchalant "5 O'Clock"
    Ini "Fakin' Jax"
    Redman "Pick It Up"
    Sleestak'z "Ruination"
    Biz Markie "Studda Step"
    A-Plus "All I See"
    Artifacts "The Ultimate"
    Jay-Z "Friend Or Foe"
    Al Tariq "Peace Akki"
    Fugees "Fu-Gee-La"
    Nas "Street Dreams"
    The Roots "What They Do"
    Real Live "Day You Die"
    LL Cool J "Summer Love"
    Nine "Lyin' King"
    Redman "Rock The Spot"
    Jigmasters "Beyond Real"
    Masters At Work "Get Up"
    Greg Nyce "Set It Off"
    Crucial Conflict "Hay"
    UGK "One Day"
    B-Legit "Ghetto Smile"
    2Pac "Hail Mary"

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Putting the Beatnuts on our History of Hip-Hop postcard for 1997 is sort of like when the academy awarded Scorsese the Oscar for The Departed. Sure, the Beatnuts finally scored a radio hit with Off The Books in 1997, but by then hip-hop fans had been bumping them for years! But of course in the late 1990s it had only started to become possible for underground rappers to get big radio hits. It was an incredibly exciting time for hip-hop: lyricism was still in fashion but money rap was popping off as well, the whole East Coast vs West Coast war was cooling off after the murders of Tupac and Notorious BIG, meanwhile No Limit and Cash Money were rising to the top down South and the Fat Beats indy movement was providing a space for terrific alternatives to commercial rap. But let's hear DJ Eleven tell the story through records!

Stream
    Podcast
    Download

1. The Notorious BIG ??? Ten Crack Commandments
    2. Jay-Z ??? Face Off feat. Sauce Money
    3. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Triumph feat.CappaDonna
    4. CNN ??? Capone Bone
    5. Reflection Eternal ??? Fortified Live
    6. Gang Starr ??? You Know My Steez
    7. M.F. Doom ??? Dead Bent
    8. Master P ??? Make Em Say Uhh
    9. CNN ??? Closer (Sam Sneed Remix)
    10. Laster ??? Off Balance feat. EDO.G.
    11. Natural Elements ??? Bust Mine
    12. Krumb Snatcha ??? Gettin Closer To God
    13. Jay-Z ??? Imaginary Player
    14. Rasco ??? The Unassisted
    15. Royal Flush ??? Iced Down Medallions
    16. DITC ??? Day One
    17. The Beatnuts ??? Do You Believe?
    18. CNN ??? Calm Down feat. Nas
    19. Common ??? Hungry
    20. No I.D. ??? State To State feat. Common
    21. Mobb Deep ??? Hoodlum feat. Rakim & Big Noyd
    22. Outkast ??? In Due Time feat. Cee Lo
    23. Mos Def ??? Universal Magnetic
    24. Wu Tang Clan ??? The M.G.M
    25. EPMD ??? Never Seen Before
    26. Rakim ??? Guess Who???s Back
    27. Mase ??? 24 Hours To Live feat. The LOX & DMX
    28. LL Cool J ??? 4,3,2,1 feat. Redman, Method Man, Canibus, DMX
    29. The Beatnuts ??? Off The Books feat. Big Pun
    30. Tha Alkaholiks ??? Hip Hop Drunkies feat. Ol Dirty
    31. D.J. Pooh ??? Whoop! Whoop! feat. Kam
    32. Master P ??? Ghetto D
    33. KRS-One ??? Step Into A World (Rapture???s Delight)
    34. KRS-One ??? Step into a World (Bad Boy Remix) feat. Puffy
    35. Busta Rhymes ??? Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See
    36. Cocoa Brovaz ??? Won on Won
    37. Redman ??? Pick It Up (Remix)
    38. Common ??? Reminding Me (Of Sef)
    39. Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz ??? Deja Vu (Uptown Baby)
    40. The Alkaholiks ??? All Night
    41. Wu-Tang Clan ??? It???s Yourz
    42. Camp Lo ??? Black Nostaljack
    43. Jay-Z ??? Rap Game/Crack Game
    44. EPMD ??? Richter Scale
    45. Mr Complex ??? Visualize
    46. Street Smartz ??? Metal Thangz feat. O.C., Pharoahe Monch, FT
    47. Ras Kass ??? Soul On Ice (Diamond D Remix)
    48. No I.D. ??? Sky???s The Limit
    49. Rakim ??? It???s Been A Long Time
    50. The Notorious BIG ??? Kick In The Door
    51. Puff Daddy & The Family ??? It???s All About The Benjamins feat. The Notorious BIG
    52. The Firm ??? Phone Tap feat. Dr. Dre
    53. Rampage ??? Things We Be Doing For Money Pt. 2 feat. Busta Rhymes
    54. The Notorious BIG ??? The World Is Filled feat. Too Short & Puff Daddy
    55. Street Smartz ??? Problemz
    56. M.F. Doom ??? Hey!
    57. The Notorious BIG ??? You???re Nobody (Til Somebody Kills You)
    58. Scarface ??? Smile feat. 2Pac

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    F_ck!, you guys are killin' it! I'm still listening to your early 90's mixes...

• Every week I've been downloading the latest one and playing it in the background at work. I appreciate that the mixes have gotten longer and covered more.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Where did 1997 go?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    the whole site is down for server maintenance right now, I hope they get it back up soon...

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I used to think that '93 was hands-down the best year for rap, but these mixes are making me consider my position.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Brooklyn Radio moved to new servers and the links in the rest of this thread are dead, so here are updated download links and tracklists for the entire series, 1979 - 1999 (scroll down).

We're throwing a "Rap Party" tommorow night (Tuesday, March 18) to celebrate at APT. It is free and we'll be spinning music from 1979 - 1999 throughout the night, in chronological order of course.

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1999.mp3

Youngbloodz "85" feat. Big Boi
    DJ DMD "25 Lighters" feat. Lil' Keke & Fat Pat
    Cool Breeze "Cre-A-Tine" (I Got People)
    Mac Mall "Pussy Whipped"
    Missy Elliott "Hot Boyz"
    Nelly "Country Grammar (Hot Shit)"
    DMX "What These Bitches Want" feat. Sisqo
    Nas "NY State Of Mind, Pt. II"
    Gang Starr "All 4 Tha $"
    Thirstin Howl III "Brooklyn Hard Rock" feat. Unique London
    Eminem "My Name Is"
    Dr. Dre "XXPlosive" feat. Devin The Dude & Nate Dogg
    Jay-Z "Snoopy Track" feat. Juvenile
    Black Rob "Whoa"
    Common "1-9-9-9" feat. Sadat X & Talib Kweli
    Common "Car Horn"
    Method Man "Break Ups 2 Make Ups" feat. D'Angelo
    Quasimoto "Microphone Mathematics"
    Goodie Mob "Chain Swang"
    Mos Def "Ms. Fat Booty"
    Choclair "Flagrant"
    Noreaga "Cocaine Business (Hysteria)" feat. Kelis
    Rahzel "All I Know"
    Geto Boys "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangster"
    E-40 "Earl, That's Your Life"
    Eve "Gotta Man"
    C-Murder "Down For My Niggas" feat. Snoop Dogg
    Juvenile "Ha" (Remix feat. Jay-Z)
    Eminem "Guilty Conscience" feat. Dr. Dre
    Pharoahe Monch "Simon Says"
    Tear Da Club Up Thugs "Hypnotize Cash Money"
    Ja Rule "Holla Holla"
    Jay-Z "Girls Best Friend"
    Naughty By Nature "Jamboree" feat. Zhan??
    Common "Dooinit"
    The Roots "Act Too... The Love Of My Life" feat. Common
    Jay-Z "So Ghetto"
    Grand Agent "Mingling (With Mayhem)"
    Beanie Sigal "What A Thug About"
    Mos Def "Mathematics"
    Jurassic 5 "Without A Doubt"
    The Beatnuts "Muchachacha"
    Snoop Dogg "Bitch Please" feat. Xzibit
    Gang Starr "Full Clip"
    Nas "Nas Is Like"
    Natural Elements "Two Tons"
    Q-Tip "Let's Ride"
    Screwball "F.A.Y.B.A.N."
    U-God "Bizarre"
    The Roots "You Got Me" (Remix)
    Dr. Dre "The Next Episode" feat. Snoop Dogg & Nate Dogg
    Hobo Junction "Greenlite Monks"
    Hot Boys "I Need A Hot Girl" feat. Big Tymers
    Tash "Pimpin' Ain't Easy"
    GZA "Breaker, Breaker"
    50 Cent "How To Rob An Industry Nigga"
    B.G. "Bling Bling"
    Whoridas "Do Or De" feat. Yukmouth
    Dr. Dre "The Watcher"
    Phat Kat "Don't Nobody Care About Us"
    Slum Village "Get This Money"
    Lootpack "Whenimondamic"
    MF Doom "Doomsday"
    Handsome Boy Modeling School "Holy Calamity (Bear Witness II)" feat. DJ Shadow & DJ Quest
    Q-Tip "Breathe And Stop"
    Mobb Deep "Quiet Storm"
    Mobb Deep "Quiet Storm" (Remix feat. Lil' Kim)
    Method Man & Redman "Da Rockwilder"
    DMX "Party Up"
    The Beatnuts "Watch Out Now"
    Slick Rick "Street Talkin'" feat. Outkast
    Lyrics Born "I Changed My Mind" (Stereo MCs Rattlesnake Remix)
    Ol' Dirty Bastard "Got Your Money" feat. Kelis
    Prince Paul "More Than You Know" feat. De La Soul
    Wu-Tang Clan "Protect Ya Neck (The Jumpoff)"
    Redman "Da Goodness" feat. Method Man
    Mos Def "Umi Says"
    Busta Rhymes "What's It Gonna Be!?" feat. Janet Jackson
    Dr. Dre "Forgot About Dre" feat. Eminem
    Jay-Z "Big Pimpin'" feat. UGK
    Ruff Ryders "Down Bottom" feat. Drag-On
    Trick Daddy "Nann Nigga" feat. Trina
    dead prez "Hip-Hop"

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1998.mp3

DMX - Get At Me Dog
    DMX - Ruff Ryder's Anthem
    Noreaga - Superthug
    Jay-Z - Money, Cash, Hoes (remix)
    The Lox ft Lil Kim & DMX - Money, Power, Respect
    Cam'ron & DMX - Pull It
    Big L - Ebonics
    Missin Linx - MIA
    Rasheed & Ill Advised - 1.9.8.6.
    Cocoa Brovaz ft Raekwon - Black Trump
    Busta Rhymes - Rhymes Galore
    Juvenile - Ha
    Juvenile ft Manny Fresh & Lil Wayne - Back that Azz Up
    Jay-Z ft Memphis Bleek - It's Alright
    Cam'ron ft Mase - Horse & Carriage
    Sporty Thieves - Cheapskate
    Redman - I'll Be Dat
    The Roots ft Beenie Sigel - Adrenaline
    Big Punisher - Beware
    Showbiz & AG - Spit
    DMX ft The Lox & Mase - Nigga Done Started Something
    Cocoa Brovaz ft MOP - Bucktown Remix
    MOP - Breaking the Rules
    All City - The Actual
    Dilated Peoples - Work the Angles
    Gangstarr ft Freddie Fox & Big Shug - The Militia
    Canibus - Second Round K.O.
    The Dead - The Projects
    A Tribe Called Quest ft Punch & Words, Jane Doe & Mos Def - Rock Rock Y'all
    Medina Green - Crosstown Beef
    Slum Village ft Jazzy Jeff - I Don't Know
    Pete Rock ft Inspectah Deck & Kurupt - Tru Master
    Adam 12 ft Heltah Skelta & Saukrates - Ultimate Rush
    Saukrates, Masta Ace & OC - Rollin Remix
    Pace Won - I Declare War
    Dujeous - Cinematics
    Black Star - Definition
    Lauryn Hill - Lost Ones
    Big Pun - Don't Wanna Be A Player pt 2
    Tupac - Do For Love
    E-40 - I Hope I Don't Go Back
    A Tribe Called Quest - Find A Way
    Eminem - Just the Two of Us
    Self Scientific - The Return
    AZ - Tradin Places
    Saukrates - Father Time
    Xzibit, Rass Kass & Saafir - 3 Card Molly
    Outkast - Return of the Gangster
    Busta Rhymes - Gimme Some More
    Jay-Z ft Jaz-O & Amil - Nigga What Nigga Who
    Gangsta Boo - Where Dem Dollas At
    Master P f. Fiend, Mia X, Mystikal & Silkk The Shocker - Make Em Say Uhh!
    Mystikal f. Silkk The Shocker - It Ain't My Fault
    Devin the Dude - Do What You Wanna
    Outkast - Spottieottiedopalicious

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1997.mp3

1. The Notorious BIG ??? Ten Crack Commandments
    2. Jay-Z ??? Face Off feat. Sauce Money
    3. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Triumph feat.CappaDonna
    4. CNN ??? Capone Bone
    5. Reflection Eternal ??? Fortified Live
    6. Gang Starr ??? You Know My Steez
    7. M.F. Doom ??? Dead Bent
    8. Master P ??? Make Em Say Uhh
    9. CNN ??? Closer (Sam Sneed Remix)
    10. Laster ??? Off Balance feat. EDO.G.
    11. Natural Elements ??? Bust Mine
    12. Krumb Snatcha ??? Gettin Closer To God
    13. Jay-Z ??? Imaginary Player
    14. Rasco ??? The Unassisted
    15. Royal Flush ??? Iced Down Medallions
    16. DITC ??? Day One
    17. The Beatnuts ??? Do You Believe?
    18. CNN ??? Calm Down feat. Nas
    19. Common ??? Hungry
    20. No I.D. ??? State To State feat. Common
    21. Mobb Deep ??? Hoodlum feat. Rakim & Big Noyd
    22. Outkast ??? In Due Time feat. Cee Lo
    23. Mos Def ??? Universal Magnetic
    24. Wu Tang Clan ??? The M.G.M
    25. EPMD ??? Never Seen Before
    26. Rakim ??? Guess Who???s Back
    27. Mase ??? 24 Hours To Live feat. The LOX & DMX
    28. LL Cool J ??? 4,3,2,1 feat. Redman, Method Man, Canibus, DMX
    29. The Beatnuts ??? Off The Books feat. Big Pun
    30. Tha Alkaholiks ??? Hip Hop Drunkies feat. Ol Dirty
    31. D.J. Pooh ??? Whoop! Whoop! feat. Kam
    32. Master P ??? Ghetto D
    33. KRS-One ??? Step Into A World (Rapture???s Delight)
    34. KRS-One ??? Step into a World (Bad Boy Remix) feat. Puffy
    35. Busta Rhymes ??? Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See
    36. Cocoa Brovaz ??? Won on Won
    37. Redman ??? Pick It Up (Remix)
    38. Common ??? Reminding Me (Of Sef)
    39. Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz ??? Deja Vu (Uptown Baby )
    40. The Alkaholiks ??? All Night
    41. Wu-Tang Clan ??? It???s Yourz
    42. Camp Lo ??? Black Nostaljack
    43. Jay-Z ??? Rap Game/Crack Game
    44. EPMD ??? Richter Scale
    45. Mr Complex ??? Visualize
    46. Street Smartz ??? Metal Thangz feat. O.C., Pharoahe Monch, FT
    47. Ras Kass ??? Soul On Ice (Diamond D Remix)
    48. No I.D. ??? Sky???s The Limit
    49. Rakim ??? It???s Been A Long Time
    50. The Notorious BIG ??? Kick In The Door
    51. Puff Daddy & The Family ??? It???s All About The Benjamins feat. The Notorious BIG
    52. The Firm ??? Phone Tap feat. Dr. Dre
    53. Rampage ??? Things We Be Doing For Money Pt. 2 feat. Busta Rhymes
    54. The Notorious BIG ??? The World Is Filled feat. Too Short & Puff Daddy
    55. Street Smartz ??? Problemz
    56. M.F. Doom ??? Hey!
    57. The Notorious BIG ??? You???re Nobody (Til Somebody Kills You)
    58. Scarface ??? Smile feat. 2Pac

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1996.mp3

Mac Mall "Get Right"
    Outkast "Elevators"
    Royal Flush "Worldwide"
    UGK "You Don't Know Me"
    Lil' Kim "Queen Bitch"
    M.O.P. "Brownsville"
    Nonchalant "5 O'Clock"
    Ini "Fakin' Jax"
    Redman "Pick It Up"
    Sleestak'z "Ruination"
    Biz Markie "Studda Step"
    A-Plus "All I See"
    Artifacts "The Ultimate"
    Jay-Z "Friend Or Foe"
    Al Tariq "Peace Akki"
    Fugees "Fu-Gee-La"
    Nas "Street Dreams"
    The Roots "What They Do"
    Real Live "Day You Die"
    LL Cool J "Summer Love"
    Nine "Lyin' King"
    Redman "Rock The Spot"
    Jigmasters "Beyond Real"
    Masters At Work "Get Up"
    Greg Nyce "Set It Off"
    Crucial Conflict "Hay"
    UGK "One Day"
    B-Legit "Ghetto Smile"
    2Pac "Hail Mary"

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1995.mp3

59. Das EFX ???Re al Hip-Hop???

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1994.mp3

1. Craig Mack f. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes ??? Flava in Ya Ear (remix)
    2. O.C. ??? Time???s Up (DJ Ayres blend)
    3. Nas ??? N.Y. State of Mind
    4. Notorious B.I.G. ??? Unbelievable
    5. Jeru tha Damaja ??? D. Original
    6. Gangstarr f. Jeru & Lil Dap ??? Speak Ya Clout
    7. Artifacts ??? Wrong Side of Da Tracks
    8. Smif N Wessun ??? Bucktown
    9. Organized Konfusion ??? Stress (Pete Rock remix)
    10. Crooklyn Dodgers ??? Crooklyn
    11. Common Sense ??? Resurrection (DJ Ayres Blend)
    12. Keith Murray ??? The Most Beautifullest Thing in this World
    13. Notorious B.I.G. ??? Juicy
    14. Method Man f. Mary J Blige ??? You???re All I Need (Remix)
    15. Nas ??? It Ain???t Hard to Tell (+ Pete Rock Remix)
    16. Group Home ??? Supa Star
    17. Gang Starr ??? The ? Remains MIXDOWN
    18. KRS One f. Channel Live ??? Mad Izm
    19. Redman ??? Can???t Wait
    20. A Tribe Called Quest f. Busta Rhymes ??? One Two Shit
    21. The Coup ??? Dig It
    22. Casual ??? Lose in the End
    23. Saafir ??? Battle Drill
    24. KMD f. MF Grimm ??? What A Niggy Know
    25. Jeru tha Damaja ??? You Can???t Stop the Prophet
    26. Lady of Rage ??? Afro Puffs
    27. Notorious B.I.G. ??? Warning
    28. Snoop Doggy Dogg ??? Murder Was The Case
    29. Gravediggaz ??? Diary of a Madman
    30. Ultramagnetic MCs ??? Raise It Up
    31. A Tribe Called Quest f. No Naim ??? Oh My God (remix)
    32. Digable Planets ??? 9th Wonder (Blackitolism)
    33. The Fugees ??? Nappy Heads remix
    34. Da Bush Babees ??? We Run Things
    35. Kurious ??? I???m Kurious
    36. Ill and Al Scratch ??? Where My Homies
    37. Outkast f. Goodie Mobb ??? Git Up, Git Out
    38. Odd Squad ??? Fa Sho
    39. Scarface ??? I Seen A Man Die
    40. Big Mike ??? Playa Playa
    41. E-40 and the Click ??? Captain Save A Hoe
    42. Bone Thugs N Harmony ??? Thuggish Ruggish Bone
    43. Eightball & MJG ??? No Sellout
    44. UGK ??? Front, Back and Side to Side
    45. Dru Down ??? Ice Cream Man Warren G f. Nate Dog ??? Regulate
    46. Black Moon ??? Buck Em Down remix
    47. The Roots ??? Proceed

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1993.mp3

1. Souls of Mischief ??? 93 Til Infinity
    2. Cypress Hill ??? Insane In The Brain
    3. Black Moon ??? Who Got Da Props
    4. Lords of the Underground ??? Chief Rocker
    5. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Protect Ya Neck
    6. M.O.P. ??? How About Some Hardcore
    7. Beatnuts ??? Psycho Dwarf
    8. Onyx ??? Slam
    9. Run DMC f. Pete Rock ??? Down With the King
    10. KRS One ??? Sound of the Police
    11. Fat Joe ??? Flow Joe
    12. Masta Ace, Inc ??? Born to Roll
    13. Snoop Doggy Dogg ??? The Shiznit
    14. MC Breed f. Tupac ??? I Gotta Get Mine
    15. De La Soul ??? Breakadawn
    16. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Award Tour
    17. Leaders of the New School ??? What???s Next + Large Pro Remix
    18. Nubian Crackers f. Artifacts ??? Do You Wanna Hear It
    19. Funkmaster Flex ??? Six Million Ways to Die
    20. KRS One ??? Outta Here
    21. Del tha Funkee Homosapien ??? Catch A Bad One
    22. Casual ??? I Didn???t Mean To
    23. Ice Cube ??? You Know How We Do It
    24. Domino ??? Ghetto Jam
    25. The Nonce ??? Mix Tapes
    26. Freestyle Fellowship ??? Inner City Boundaries
    27. Boss ??? Deeper
    28. Tupac ??? Keep Your Head Up
    29. Redman ??? All Night Long
    30. Tragedy aka Intelligent Hoodlum ??? Grand Groove
    31. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Can It Be All So Simple
    32. Jeru tha Damaja ??? Come Clean
    33. Big L ??? Devil???s Son
    34. Ultramagnetic MCs ??? Two Brothers With Checks
    35. Beatnuts ??? Reign of the Tec
    36. KRS One ??? Hip-Hop vs Rap
    37. Tupac ft Digital Underground ??? I Get Around
    38. Snoop Doggy Dogg ??? Gin and Juice
    39. Ice Cube ft Das EFX ??? Check Yo Self
    40. Too Short ??? Don???t Fight the Intro
    41. RBL Posse ??? Bammer Weed
    42. Tha Alkaholiks ??? Only When I???m Drunk
    43. LL Cool J ??? Pink Cookies in a Plastic Bag
    44. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Method Man
    45. Wu-Tang Clan ??? Wu-Tang Clan Ain???t Nothin to Fuck With
    46. De La Soul ??? Ego Trippin (Part Two)
    47. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Electric Relaxation

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1992.mp3

1. Gang Starr ??? 24/7/365 Interlude
    2. Redman ??? Time for Some Action
    3. Brand Nubian ??? Punks Jump Up
    4. Brand Nubian ??? Punks Jump Up (Remix)
    5. Das EFX ??? Mic Checka (Remix)
    6. Gang Starr ??? DWYCK
    7. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Scenario (Remix)
    8. Pete Rock & CL Smooth ??? Straighten It Out
    9. Showbiz & A.G. ??? Hold Ya Head
    10. Gang Starr ??? 92 Interlude
    11. Gang Starr ??? Conspiracy
    12. Nas ??? Halftime
    13. Chi Ali ??? Age Ain???t Nothin But A Number
    14. Pete Rock & CL Smooth ??? Skinz (feat. Grand Puba)
    15. Brand Nubian ??? Steal Ya ???Ho
    16. Gang Starr ??? Take It Personal
    17. Showbiz & A.G. ??? Hard to Kill
    18. NWA ??? N??????z 4 Life
    19. Diamond & The Psychotic Neurotics ??? I???m Outta Here
    20. Gang Starr ??? I???m The Man
    21. Redman ??? Blow Your Mind (Remix)
    22. EPMD ??? Crossover
    23. Diamond & The Psychotic Neurotics ??? I Went For Mine
    24. N2Deep ??? Back to the Hotel
    25. Ray Luv ??? Get Ya Money On
    26. House Of Pain ??? Jump Around (Pete Rock Remix)
    27. Ultramagnetic MCs ??? Poppa Large
    28. Public Enemy ??? Nighttrain (Pete Rock mix)
    29. Big Daddy Kane ??? Nuff Respect Due
    30. Eric B. & Rakim ??? Juice (Know The Ledge)
    31. Eric B. & Rakim ??? Don???t Sweat The Technique
    32. Double XX Posse ??? Not Gonna Be Able To Do It
    33. Grand Puba ??? 360?? (What Goes Around) (SD50 Remix)
    34. Naughty By Nature ??? Uptown Anthem
    35. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ??? T.R.O.Y. (They Reminisce Over You)
    36. MC Serch ??? Back To The Grill
    37. Das EFX ??? Jussumen (Pete Rock Remix)
    38. Das EFX ??? They Want EFX
    39. Apache ??? Gangster Bitch
    40. Arrested Development ??? People Everyday
    41. Fu Schnickens ??? Ring the Alarm
    42. Dr. Dre ??? Lil Ghetto Boy
    43. Dr. Dre ??? Nuthin??? But A ???G??? Thang
    44. D.J Pooh ??? Sex, Money & Murder
    45. Too $hort ??? I Want To Be Free (That???s The Truth)
    46. Too $hort ??? In The Trunk
    47. Son of Bazerk ??? What Could Be Better Bitch
    48. The Beastie Boys ??? So What???cha Want
    49. Pharcyde ??? Passin Me By
    50. Grand Puba ??? Soul Controller
    51. Kool G Rap ??? Ill Street Blues
    52. Dr. Dre ??? Stranded On Death Row

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1991.mp3

1. NWA ??? Alwayz Into Somethin???
    2. Cypress Hill ??? Latin Lingo
    3. Black Sheep ??? Butt In The Meantime
    4. De La Soul ??? Afro Connections At A Hi 5 (In The Eyes Of The Hoodlum)
    5. Ice Cube ??? A Bird In The Hand
    6. Compton???s Most Wanted ??? Growin??? Up In The Hood
    7. Public Enemy ??? Shut Em Down (Pete Rock Remix)
    8. Ed OG ??? Gotta Have It
    9. The Geto Boys ??? Mind Playing Tricks on Me
    10. Del Tha Funky Homosapien ??? Pissin??? On Your Steps
    11. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Check The Rhime
    12. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince ??? Summertime
    13. Ice Cube ??? Steady Mobbin???
    14. Gang Starr ??? Step In The Arena
    15. MC Lyte ??? Poor Georgie
    16. Nice & Smooth ??? Hip Hop Junkies (Spanish Fly Mix)
    17. K.M.D. ??? Nitty Gritty (Dog Spelled Bkwds mix) (feat. Busta Rhymes & Brand Nubian)
    18. Black Sheep ??? The Choice Is Yours (Revisited)
    19. Del Tha Funky Homosapien ??? Mistadobalina
    20. Tim Dog ??? Fuck Compton
    21. DJ Quik ??? Born And Raised In Compton
    22. Main Source ??? Live At The Barbecue
    23. Digital Underground ??? Same Song (feat. 2Pac)
    24. MC Breed ??? Ain???t No Future in Yo Frontin???
    25. AMG ??? Bitch Betta Have My Money
    26. AMG ??? Jiggable Pie
    27. Nice & Smooth ??? Sometimes I Rhyme Slow
    28. DJ Quik ??? Tonight
    29. Del Tha Funky Homosapien ??? The Wacky World of Rapid Transit
    30. Ice Cube ??? Doing Dumb Shit
    31. Scarface ??? Born Killer
    32. A Tribe Called Quest ??? What?
    33. Raw Fusion ??? Throw Your Hands In The Air
    34. De La Soul ??? Ring Ring Ring (Ha Ha Hey)
    35. Leaders Of The New School ??? Sobb Story
    36. Cypress Hill ??? The Phuncky Feel One
    37. DJ Quik ??? Sweet Black Pussy
    38. A Tribe Called Quest ??? Buggin??? Out
    39. Naughty By Nature ??? O.P.P
    40. Poor Righteous Teachers ??? Shakila
    41. Poor Righteous Teachers ??? Easy Star
    42. De La Soul ??? Bitties In The BK Lounge
    43. Gang Starr ??? Credit Is Due
    44. Scarface ??? The Pimp
    45. Black Sheep ??? La Menage feat. Q ??? Tip
    46. De La Soul ??? Millie Pulled A Pistol On Santa
    47. Scarface ??? A Minute to Pray and a Second to Die

http://therub.crewcial.org/history/TheRub1990.mp3

1: Above The Law "Another Execution"
    2: Ice Cube "Once Upon A Time In The Projects"
    3: Brand Nubian "Who Can Get Busy Like This Man?"
    4: Main Source "Just Hanging Out"
    5: Eric B. & Rakim "Mahogany"
    6: Compton's Most Wanted "Give It Up"
    7: CPO "Ballad Of A Menace"
    8: Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth "Here I Come"
    9: Omniscence "Lost In The Music"
    10: Gang Starr "Love Sick"
    11: Digital Underground "Freaks Of The Industry"
    12: Lakim Shabazz "The Lost Tribe Of Shabazz"
    13: King Tee "Played Like A Piano"
    14: K-Solo "Fugitive"
    15: Kool G. Rap "Streets Of New York"
    16: Masta Ace "Me & The Biz"
    17: The Geto Boys "Gangster Of Love"
    18: A Tribe Called Quest "Bonita Applebum"
    19: A Tribe Called Quest "Push It Along"
    20: Freshco & Miz "Ain't You Freshco?"
    21: Eric B. & Rakim "In The Ghetto"
    22: Main Source "Just A Friendly Game Of Baseball"
    23: Nice & Smooth "No Bones In Ice Cream"
    24: Dooley-O "Watch My Moves"
    25: D-Nice "Call Me D-Nice"
    26: Boogie Down Productions "Material Love"
    27: Special Ed "Living Like A Star"
    28: Poor Righteous Teachers "Rock This Funky Joint"
    29: Big Daddy Kane "Young Gifted And Black"
    30: Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth "Funky Technician"
    31: Third Bass "Product Of The Environment"
    32: LL Cool J "Eat 'Em Up LL, Chill"
    33: The Geto Boys "Scarface"
    34: Above The Law "Murder Rap"
    35: Low Profile "Playing For Keeps"
    36: Ron B "Stitch By Stitch"
    37: Main Source "Snake Eyes"
    38: Chill Rob G. "Let Me Show You (Prince Paul Remix)"
    39: K-Solo "Your Mom's In Our Business"
    40: The Flavor Unit "The Flavor Unit Assassination Squad"
    41: 415 "Lavish"
    42: Too $hort "The Ghetto"
    43: Three Times Dope "No Words"
    44: Special Ed "The Mission"
    45: Main Source "Think"
    46: Third Bass "3 Strikes 5000"
    47: KMD "Gasface Refill"
    48: 360 Degrees "Somebody Like Me"
    49: Gang Starr "Just To Get A Rep"
    50: Public Enemy "911 Is A Joke"
    51: YZ "Sons Of The Father"
    52: Brand Nubian "Drop The Bomb"
    53: Lord Alibaski "Crunch Time"
    54: X-Clan "Heed The Word Of The Brother"
    55: Kinds Of Swing "Nod Your Head To This"
    56: Special Ed "Ready 2 Attack"
    57: Special Ed "I'm The Magnificent (Remix)"
    58: Gang Starr "Who's Gonna Take The Weight"
    59: Three Times Dope "In Effect"
    60: A Tribe Called Quest "Youthful Expression"
    61: Brand Nubian "Ragtime"
    62: 415 "415in"
    63: X-Clan "Days Of Outrage, Operation Snatchback"
    64: Ice Cube "Amerikkka's Most Wanted"
    65: Kid Frost "La Raza"
    66: Kool G Rap & DJ Polo "Talk Like Sex"
    67: Monie Love "It's A Shame"
    68: A Tribe Called Quest "Pubic Enemy"
    69: Intelligent Hoodlum "Trag Invasion"
    70: N.W.A. "100 Miles And Running"
    71: E.P.M.D. "I'm Mad"
    72: E.P.M.D. "Rampage"
    73: LL Cool J "Jingling Baby (Remixed And Still Jingling)"
    74: Public Enemy "Welcome To The Terrordome"

Hip-Hop History Volume 11 - 1989

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/26371580346edf/

Jungle Brothers - Beads on a String
    Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Truly Yours
    The Bizzie Boys - Droppin It
    LL Cool J - Big Ol Butt
    Big Daddy Kane - Smooth Operator
    Heavy D - You Ain't Heard Nothing Yet
    Gangstarr - Words I Manifest
    Kwame - The Rhythm
    Steady B - Serious
    YZ - Thinking of a Master Plan
    Chill Rob G - Court is Now In Session
    Uptown - Dope on Plastic
    Three Times Dope - The Greatest Man Alive
    Public Enemy - 911 Is A Joke
    3rd Bass - Steppin to the AM
    Slick Rick - Mona Lisa
    Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
    Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies
    EPMD - So Watcha Sayin
    NWA - Straight Outta Compton
    Stop The Violence Movement - Self Destruction
    Chubb Rock - Ya Bad Chubbs
    Queen Latifah & Monie Love - Ladies First
    De La Soul - Eye Know
    Tuff Crew - Soul Food
    Big Daddy Kane - Warm it Up Kane
    Sugarbear - Don't Scandalise Mine
    Doug Lazy - Let It Roll
    Young MC - Bust A Move
    2 Live Crew - Me So Horny
    Biz Markie - Just A Friend

Hip-Hop History Volume 10: 1988

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/26367347ef14d3/

JVC Force - Strong Island
    LL Cool J - Jack the Ripper
    Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype
    Kool G Rap - Road to the Riches
    Antoinette - Unfinished Business
    Jungle Brothers - I Got It Like That
    BDP - I'm Still #1 (Numero Uno Re-recording)
    Run DMC - Beats to the Rhyme
    Krown Rulers - Paper Chase
    Tuff Crew - My Part of Town
    Big Daddy - Set It Off
    Kid N Play - Do This My Way
    45 King - 900 Number
    Rob Base - It Takes Two
    Chill Rob G - The Power
    L'Trimm - Cars That Go B oom
    The Gucci Crew - Sally That Girl
    The 2 Live Crew - Move Somethin
    JJ Fad - Supersonic
    NWA - Boyz in the Hood
    Sir Mixalot - Posse on Broadway
    MC EZ & Troup - Get Retarded
    De La Soul - Plug Tuning
    MC Lyte - 10% Dis
    Queen Latifah - Wrath of My Madness
    Eric B & Rakim - Microphone Fiend
    Juice Crew - The Symphony
    Biz Markie & Big Daddy Kane - Just Rhymin With The Biz
    Craig G - Droppin Science
    Positive K - Step Up Front
    Stetsasonic - Talkin All That Jazz

Hip-Hop History Volume 9: 1987

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/2636476d6f552b/

MC Lyte - Kickin' 4 Brooklyn
    Just Ice - Goin' Way Back
    LL Cool J - Kanday
    Eazy E - Boys In The Hood
    NWA - Dope Man
    Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded
    Kool G Rap - Rikers Island
    MC Lyte - I Cram To Understand
    Audio Two - Top Billin'
    Black, Rock & Ron - That's How I'm Living
    The Jungle Brothers - Jimbrowski
    EPMD - You're A Customer
    Big Daddy Kane & Biz Markie - Just Rhymin' With Biz
    Latee - This Cut's Got Flavor
    Boogie Down Productions - Poetry
    Public Enemy - Timebomb
    Schoolly D - Saturday Night
    Eric B. & Rakim - Paid In Full
    Steady B - Use Me
    Biz Markie - Nobody Beats The Biz
    Classical Two - Rap's New Generation
    Salt 'N Pepa - I'll Take Your Man
    Super Lover Cee & Cassanova Rud - Do The James
    Public Enemy - P.E. #1
    LL Cool J - My Rhyme Ain't Done
    Roxanne Shante - Have A Nice Day
    Spoonie Gee - The Godfather
    Eric B. & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul
    Ultramagnetic MCs - Funky (Remix)
    Big Daddy Kane - Raw
    Public Enemy - Bring The Noise
    Dismasters - Small Time Hustler

Hip-Hop History Volume 8: 1986

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/26361725de8a52/

The Beastie Boys - Posse In Effect
    Joeski Love - Pee Wee's Dance
    Rodney O & Joe Cooley - Everlasting Bass
    Eric B. & Rakim - My Melody
    Sweet Tee & Jazzy Joyce - It's My Beat
    Boogie Down Productions - South Bronx
    MC Shan - The Bridge
    Original Concept - Knowledge Me
    Kool Moe Dee - Go See the Doctor
    Salt 'N Pepa - My Mic Sounds Nice
    King Tee - Payback's A Mutha
    Run DMC - Dumb Girl
    Ultramagnetic MCs - Ego Trippin
    Just Ice - Cold Getting Dumb
    Eric B. & Rakim - Eric B. For President
    Biz Markie - Make The Music With Your Mouth Biz
    Stetsasonic - 4Ever My Beat
    Heavy D - Mr. Big Stuff
    Kool G Rap - It's A Demo
    Steady B - Bring The Beat Back
    Word Of Mouth feat. DJ Cheese - Coast To Coast
    The Beastie Boys - Time To Get Ill
    Run DMC - Peter Piper
    Dj Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Live At Union Square

Hip-Hop History Volume 7: 1985

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/2635848a21996e/

Run DMC - Together Forever (Krush Groove 4)
    LL Cool J - I Can't Live Without My Radio
    Steady B - Just Call Us Def
    Superkids - The Tragedy (Don't Do It)
    The Treacherous Three - Turn it Up
    Toddy Tee - The Batterram
    Kurtis Blow - If I Ruled The World
    Mantronix - Fresh Is The Word- feat. MC Tee
    Marley Marl - Marley Scratch- feat. MC Shan
    Stetsasonic - Just Say Stet
    Run DMC - King Of Rock
    Jazzy Jay - Cold Chillin In The Spot
    Schoolly D - PSK
    Supernature - The Show Stoppa (It's Supa Fresh)
    The B-Boys - Girls (Pt. 2)
    Bad Boys feat. K-Love - Veronica
    Cutmaster DC - Brooklyn's In The House
    Grandmaster Flash - Larry's Dance Theme
    Doug E. Fresh & Slick Rick - The Show
    Tricky Tee - Johnny The Fox
    Sparky D - Sparky's Turn (Roxanne You're Through)
    Korner Boyz - It's On (Jazzy Jeff Scratch)
    Run DMC - Darryl & Joe (Krush Groove 3)
    Roxanne Shante - Bite This
    Whistle - Nothing serial (We're Only Buggin')
    Word Of Mouth feat. DJ Cheese - King Kut
    Rockmaster Scott & The Dynamic Three - Request Line
    Masterdon Committee - Funkbox Party 2
    Rockmaster Scott & The Dynamic Three - The Roof Is On Fire
    Egyptian Lover - Computer Love
    LL Cool J - That's A Lie

Hip-Hop History Volume 6: 1984

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/263567290cedf8/

LL Cool J - I Need A Beat
    Whodini - Friends
    Donald D - Don's Groove
    The World's Famous Supreme Team - Hey DJ
    Run DMC - Rock Box
    UTFO - Roxanne, Roxanne
    Roxanne Shante - Roxanne's Revenge
    T La Rock - It's Yours
    Kurtis Blow - AJ Scratch
    The Fat Boys - Jailhouse Rap
    Whodini - Freaks Come Out At Night
    Kurtis Blow - Basketball
    Davy DMX - One For The Treble (Fresh)
    Doug E. Fresh - Original Human Beatbox
    Doug E. Fresh - Just Having Fun
    Master O.C. & Krazy Eddie - Masters of the Scratch
    The Fat Boys (Disco 3) - Human Beat Box
    Whodini - Five Minutes of Funk
    Newcleus - Jam On It
    DJ Hollywood - Hollywood's Message

Hip-Hop History Volume 5: 1983

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/26355145ad8908/

Jimmy Spicer - (Money) Dollar Bill Y'all
    Fresh 3 MC's - Fresh
    Run DMC - Jam Master Jay
    Fantasy 3 - It's Your Back
    Crash Crew - On The Radio
    Lovebug Starski - Live at the Fever
    Run DMC - Sucker MCs
    Kevvie Kev - All Night Love (Waterbed)
    Gigolette - Games Females Play
    Sweet G - Games People Play
    Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - New York, New York
    The B-Boys - 2, 3 Break
    Treacherous Three - Action
    Dimples D - Sucker DJ's (I Will Survive)
    West Side Mob - Break Dance - Electric Boogie
    G.L.O.B.E. and Whiz Kid - Play That Beat Mr. DJ
    The B-Boys - Cuttin' Herbie
    Africa Bambaataa & The Soulsonic Force - Renegades of Funk
    Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - White Lines
    The B-Boys - Rock The House
    Run DMC - It's Like That
    Run DMC - Hard Times
    Double Dee & Steinski - Lesson 2 The James Brown Mix

Hip-Hop History Volume 4: 1982

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/2635325984203f/

The Treacherous Three - Yes We Can-Can
    Fearless Four - Rockin' It
    Fearless Four - It's Magic
    Cold Crush Brother - Weekend
    Disco Four - We're At The Party
    Crash Crew - Breaking Bells (Take Me To The Mardi Gras)
    Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five - The Message
    Pieces of A Dream - Mt. Airy Groove
    Star Quality & Class - Betcha Got A Dude On The Side
    Funky 4 + 1 More - Do You Want To Rock
    Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - Flash To The Beat (Live)
    Jimmy Spicer - The Bubble Bunch
    Malcolm Mclaren - Buffalo Gals
    Just Four - Jam To Remember
    Super 3 - Standing on the Top
    South Bronx - Bottom Line
    Nairobe & the Awesome Foursome - Funky Soul Makossa
    Africa Bambaataa - Looking For The Perfect Beat
    Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - Scorpio
    Africa Bambaataa The Soul Sonic Force - Planet Rock

Hip-Hop History Volume 3: 1981

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/2635202c275bf7/

Treacherous 3 - Heartbeat Rap
    Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde - Genius Rap
    Just Four - Girls of the World
    Afrika Bambaataa & Jazzy 5 -Jazzy Sensation (Bronx Mix)
    T-Ski Valley - Never Let Go
    Mean Machine - Disco Dream
    Troy Rainey - Tricky T Rap
    Solo Sound - Get the Party Jumpin
    Crash Crew - We Want To Rock
    Disco Four - Do It, Do It
    Loose Joints - Shoot the Pump
    Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels of Steel
    Sugarhill Gang - Apache
    Cold Crush Brothers (Live)
    Busy B vs. Kool Moe Dee (Live)

Hip-Hop History Volume 2: 1980

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/2635052edde6b7/

Ronnie G - Raptivity
    Spoonie G - Spoonin Rap
    Spoonie G & The Treacherous 3 - Love Rap
    Spoonie G & The Treacherous 3 - New Rap Language
    Super 3 - Philosophy Rappin Spree
    Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - Freedom
    Sugarhill Gang - 8th Wonder
    Kurtis Blow - The Breaks
    Funky Four + 1 - That's The Joint
    Margo's Cool Out Crew - Death Rap

Hip-Hop History Volume 1: 1979

download - http://www.zshare.net/audio/2634952ef701f7/

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - Superappin'
    The Younger Generation - We Rap More Mellow
    Kurtis Blow - Christmas Rap
    Sequence - Funk You Up
    Funky 4 + 1 - Rapping and Rocking the House
    Lady D - Lady D
    Ron Hunt - Spiderap
    Fatback Band - King Tim III (Personality Jock)
    Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight
    Lady B - To the Beat Yall
    Paulette & Tanya Winley - Rhymin and Rappin
    Jazzy 4 MCs - MC Rock

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Is it me, or does anyone else incredibly miss Q-Tip on the beats (e.g., the "Temperature's Rising" Abstract Remix)? The man produced some absolutely beautiful tracks in his heyday. Fuck an arsonist!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Yup, one of the best