EL NINO, WTF?!? [cali related]

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
ok, im cool. enough already. seriously, a week straight of rain and now sub 50 degree weather. is this a el nino year or just the apocalypse?

Comments

• BOSCOE

• ok, im cool. enough already. seriously, a week straight of rain and now sub 50 degree weather. is this a el nino year or just the apocalypse?

Like summer in the Bay today... I went up to the balcony with a portable and a stack of sweet soul 45s and spent the afternoon taking in the sunshine and reading the paper.

• well, on the bright side you can actually see the mountains and they look beautiful. snowcapped and whatnots. its warm in the bay? dangit!

• yeah it was prolly damn near 60 in SF today with clear skies.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Dude we're in the grip of a El Nina( the female version) cycle down here. It should be warm and dry ie excellent summer weather. Instead its raining almost all the time and cloudy and overcast.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Since i'm there, people keep on telling me "that's not usual around here". I guess i'm gonna have to wait next year to witness what's usual in Cali...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yesterday was stunningly beautiful. I was driving up the 605 and the clouds were hanging up around Mt. Baldy and it was PRISTINE with the mountains, snow and blue skies. I LIVE FOR LA DAYS LIKE THAT.

(Today - warmer, smoggier, ugh-ier)

• I wake up at 4am to drive from Colorado back to LA tommorow.... so its shitty? I cant imagine its worse than like 0 degrees with ice and snow everywhere.... CO has been quite nice to my crates though.

• SoCal went like a year with no rain till recently.. its all desperately needed for the aquifers. water = life!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Dude we're in the grip of a El Nina( the female version) cycle down here. It should be warm and dry ie excellent summer weather. Instead its raining almost all the time and cloudy and overcast.

yeah we've had floodings in areas that had been in drought for like 3 years......

for a little girl (thats what la nina means in spanish) she sure is a Frickin' moody bitch... damn no breaks (excuse the pun) for anyone....

I rekon the whole global warming thang is a scam like Y2K, but the el nino la nina shit is what scientist should be studying hard....

Does it only hit countrys next to the pacific?

• I rekon the whole global warming thang is a scam like Y2K, but the el nino la nina shit is what scientist should be studying hard....

Would these be the same scientists (i.e. Nobel peace Prize winners the IPCC) who have been busy studying climate change ?

• Dude we're in the grip of a El Nina( the female version) cycle down here. It should be warm and dry ie excellent summer weather. Instead its raining almost all the time and cloudy and overcast.

yeah we've had floodings in areas that had been in drought for like 3 years......

for a little girl (thats what la nina means in spanish) she sure is a Frickin' moody bitch... damn no breaks (excuse the pun) for anyone....

I rekon the whole global warming thang is a scam like Y2K, but the el nino la nina shit is what scientist should be studying hard....

Does it only hit countrys next to the pacific?

But there were a whole lot of drought affected areas that didn't see a drop. Sheet's just crazy. Although coming from Melbourne, we know better than to even try make sense of the weather.

• Dude we're in the grip of a El Nina( the female version) cycle down here. It should be warm and dry ie excellent summer weather. Instead its raining almost all the time and cloudy and overcast.

You can't really complain though - it sure beats living in the dust bowl that has been the last few years. I'd forgotten what green looked like.