Please To Explain Emeril Lagasse Seafood Jazz Raer

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Every once in a while I find this tepid local LP by the dude who leads the band on the Food Channel's "Emeril Live" show, Doc Gibbs.About a year ago I couldn't give this LP away....sold one on ebay for $9.99 to a woman who was an Emeril fan and a second copy went unsold.Over the last few months I've sold copies for $65.00, $82.00 and now this.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320213293227&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011What gives??

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You ain't feelin' the "Tingle", Rock?

• "aww yeah babe."

(insert barf)

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ENTER THE DIMENSION KNOWN AS

"MODERN SOUL BOOGIE PRIVATE FUNKY DISCO RAER"

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    One track on DOc Gibbs which i think is Tingle.
    appeals to disco / modern collectors.

I only found that record once----> maybe 4 years ago in new Orleans and did not buy it b/c i thought it was that bad!!! it wasn't worth the $5.99 at the time i guess.

it got hyped by a dealer in France... sold for $200 or $300...
    then got sourced by a U.S. dealer/collector
    copies have made the rounds....
    it is awful!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    also... it is on the same label as the Round Robin & Brimstone LP
    which... is a damn good record.
    wish i could find more copies of that one.
    out the door too fast!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    DOc Gibbs

wasn't this just sitting at the big Half Price Books behind the jazz section G card for like four years? Now I know. Jeez.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    He's on the Grover "Live At The Bijou" set, that's where the name rang a bell for me:

From t3h wi>0r:

"Leonard "Doc" Gibbs is an American percussionist. Gibbs studied at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts in the early 1970s. He has toured with artists such as Anita Baker, Whitney Houston, Bob James, Ricki Lee Jones, Al Jarreau, Grover Washington, Jr., Wyclef Jean, Erykah Badu, Eric Bennett, and James Poysner. He acquired the nickname "Doc" after prescribing herbal remedies to jazz saxophonist Grover Washington, Jr. His main influence is currently William Long. He says quote, "Dis' boy is the shiz!" Shiz referring to his amazing skills in percussion. They have been best friends ever since.

He headed the house band on the popular Food Network television show Emeril Live hosted by Emeril Lagasse,until it was cancelled in December 2007."

Not sure about the William Long bit...

• He acquired the nickname "Doc" after prescribing herbal remedies to jazz saxophonist Grover Washington, Jr.

that's the only way i would want to get a nickname in life...perscribing a remedy of ecinecia and reefer to my dude Grover before a 90 minute set.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

Holy crap!

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Just picked this up today for the resale value...good god is this horrible!
    The "Tingle" track is borderline listenable to me but the rest is total shit.

Mine is autographed "To Erica- Coppell's most talented young singer. Sty Sweet! Doc"

...Just looked and Roger Boykin played piano on the "Tingle" track

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Just picked this up today for the resale value...good god is this horrible!
    The "Tingle" track is borderline listenable to me but the rest is total shit.

Mine is autographed "To Erica- Coppell's most talented young singer. Sty Sweet! Doc"

...Just looked and Roger Boykin played piano on the "Tingle" track

S'up Rog.....gonna head out of town to dig in the morning and will be listening to Ben & Skin for some more Rerog/Luke name drops!