The Discovery CLUB LP Listen FUNK SOUL ROCK ILL!

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
so it goes a long time friend who has laced me with many records over the years{for very little] threw this into some crates i got from him.Upon realizing how rare this lp is and knowing how broke my friend is and how he ain't really up on the grails i told him whats up with this here burner.So we'll see where this lp winds up eventually.There are a few other copies floating around.DJ Neville c got one and there is an Acid Archive Entry,No poopsike=scrape,maybe on gemm...once?,ungoogable otherwise.have a listenhttp://www.divshare.com/download/3697776-18c

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Kala....I found one here in Dallas for $0.50 about 5 years ago and it tore up the ARC Hotel back then and I put a cut on a recent mix.....I dig the Underground Railroad stuff but the flip kinda grows.....nice score!!

BTW...it was my copy that made to to the AA book.....post up that P-Funk cover!!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    someone needs to reissue this
    light in the attic dudes,stones throw,rockadelic etc
    hint hint
    btw
    harlem on my mind came out on a 45

• Not sure you're referring to the lack of availability of information with respect to it's value, however, one sold on eBay recently for approx. $800 I think? Would be good coin for your friend, no? Now, after being blown up on here, sky's the limit perhaps?

Best,

RON

Kala....if this is a problem just let me know and I'll pull them off.....two by The Underground Railroad......

Harlem On My Mind

A Song

• Oh yeah! I've been wanting to hear this since you posted it in the weekday finds thread. Thanks for posting. And thanks to Rockadelic too for posting some of the other stuff too.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Kala....if this is a problem just let me know and I'll pull them off.....two by The Underground Railroad......

Harlem On My Mind

A Song

i posted the whole lp holmes

Harlem On My Mind

A Song

Sorry.....when I first clicked on it I only got one cut??

• Kala....if this is a problem just let me know and I'll pull them off.....two by The Underground Railroad......

Harlem On My Mind

A Song

Sorry.....when I first clicked on it I only got one cut??

THIS SHREDS! thank you. nice score Kala. where's the full lp? and what's the deal... it's a 2LP? 2 bands on one LP?

re-issue worthy indeed.

• i found this one a while ago. i ripped both sides before parting ways with it. might have some decent pictures somewhere, don't know, it didn't go to ebay.

here's the first track, which is my favorite: http://www.tradebit.com/usr/omg/pub/1010/UndergroundRailroadAintNoSecondBest.mp3

• oh yeah and someone was selling a VG+ copy at WFMU for $250