Recommend some Tivo-ing (DVRR)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Haven't watched tv seriously in years. Now I'm ready to catch up on what I'm missing. I'll be slanging streams via Myth Tv to my handheld. I need something to do with all this downtime at work (hence my return to SS).I pretty much got every channel known to man. Hook me up with some recommends, batches.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Wire

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Wire

Yezzir. I have season 1 - 4 on MKV or AVI. I need to get through those first before I start melting down any more.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Anyone watch "In Treatment"? That's some definitely Tivo shit given that it's everyday at 9:30pm..

Assuming, of course, people actually WANT to watch it. I'm not that mad at it so far but Blair Underwood's Tuesdays might be the day to skip.

I but Blair Underwood's Tuesdays might be the day to skip.

• That show "Breaking Bad" on AMC just started and is entertaining dark comedy. They are replaying the first two eps this week w/ the third coming up on Sunday. Surprisingly, there's a lot of drug activity on that show.

• First 48 on A&E. It's the best show on television. And Night Court reruns on TV Land

That show "Breaking Bad" on AMC just started and is entertaining dark comedy. They are replaying the first two eps this week w/ the third coming up on Sunday. Surprisingly, there's a lot of drug activity on that show.

I was curious about tthat show. The Meth Teacher.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    That show "Breaking Bad" on AMC just started and is entertaining dark comedy. They are replaying the first two eps this week w/ the third coming up on Sunday. Surprisingly, there's a lot of drug activity on that show.

Added. I read the descript, sounds dope.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    That show "Breaking Bad"[/b] on AMC just started and is entertaining dark comedy. They are replaying the first two eps this week w/ the third coming up on Sunday. Surprisingly, there's a lot of drug activity on that show.

I caught up with episode 2 of this today and so far it's my favorite new show of the year. Episode 1 was pretty good, but episode 2 was really dark and surprisingly funny, and pretty gross to boot. It was as if the Blood Simple era Coen brothers wrote and directed a sit com. We'll see if it keeps it up, there were a few weak points but the good outweighs the bad right now, so I'll keep it on the Tivo To Do List.

I provisionally[/b] endorse this product and/or event.

• yeah, that show is good from what i've seen
    i just wish AMC wasn't so anal about editing out words like "shit," ruins the angry dealer vibe

• on cartoon network tonight at 1:30am

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    That show "Breaking Bad"[/b] on AMC just started and is entertaining dark comedy. They are replaying the first two eps this week w/ the third coming up on Sunday. Surprisingly, there's a lot of drug activity on that show.

I caught up with episode 2 of this today and so far it's my favorite new show of the year. Episode 1 was pretty good, but episode 2 was really dark and surprisingly funny, and pretty gross to boot. It was as if the Blood Simple era Coen brothers wrote and directed a sit com. We'll see if it keeps it up, there were a few weak points but the good outweighs the bad right now, so I'll keep it on the Tivo To Do List.

I provisionally[/b] endorse this product and/or event.

anyone see the most recent episode of this? the last scene ends with darondo "didn't i" playing. this show seems pretty good.