CONTROLLER ONE???

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• satrianilly shitting on all other turntablitude.

I don't really have much of an opinion on it. I'd like to see someone do something different than guitar/keyboard solos. I do think the design and invention itself is pretty cool, but I have yet to see anything done on it that was all that interesting. I think I'd rather watch a dj manipulate a record into something different than do a faux guitar shred.

that being said, D-Styles, who helped design this, is one of the nicest, most humble people and a really cool guy.

• "Man, they got these sick new things called keyboards that you can play records on".

Amazing Technology, Yes.
    Do I ever want / need one? Hell No.
    That being said, I have seen some dudes killing it with this.
    Also being said, I have already heard some of the worst 'turntable music' ever made directly because of it.

D-styles probably flips this thing harder than anyone.

• I can resist saying "Ayo Technology".

• My dude Teeko just got one of these...I figure he'll put it to good use.
    Dude is amazing.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    My dude Teeko just got one of these...I figure he'll put it to good use.
    Dude is amazing.

yeah i cant wait to hear what he is gonna do with one.

• here is a recent post/link seen on dstyles board of teeko using the controller one:

www.myspace.com/fouronefunk

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Mildly related, and a long time ago (Link here:

In 1951, RTF provided Schaeffer with a new studio. It included a tape recorder. This was an important event as the phonograph had been his tool for composition up to that point. One of the recorders had 5 track capability. One , known as the Morphophone, had 12 playback heads, which allowed for tape echo and a pseudo reverb effect. Two other decks known as Phonogenes were designed to play prerecorded loops at different speeds (one came with a 12 note keyboard!).[/b]

Do you set the pitch for each key on controller one, or are they fixed?