Wait on buying iPhone?

thedailyhustlethedailyhustle 151 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I see they didnt release a new iPhone at MacWorld. I was wondering if anyone has heard rumors of when a new one mite drop? I dont want to buy one and have them release one with 3g network capabilities etc, unless thats upgradeable through firmware, etc?

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    rumor has it that it is coming out this year sometime.

my guess is jobs will announce it in this summer and will kick it out by xmas this year.

3g capabilities are not upgradeable via firmware either... its a hardware ware thang

• word thanks for the info. I figured it was hardware for 3g I think its bullshit they didnt include it in the first place!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I was sure they would have released it by now, but the fact that they havent makes me wonder how important it is to them. I have heard rumors that 3g will drastically effect battery consumption, and also that 3g would have added more weight to the phone. 2 things steve jobs did not like.

Honestly, ive got one and the amount of time i even spend on the edge network is fairly minimal. theres almost always some kind of wifi around to jump on. I see this as being the way of the future, especially as apple doesnt want to get in bed anymore with any of the carriers.

Id say cop one. its worth it.

• i forgot about wifi. Ima cop one with my tax return. That and pay off my DUI class, $460 is owed.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Honestly, ive got one and the amount of time i even spend on the edge network is fairly minimal.

I have to offer a counter. I spend a LOT of time on the edge network when I'm out and about, especially during commute time (not that, ahem, I should be surfing while in traffic but....)

It really depends on your usage patterns. I'd be happy with a heavier phone if that meant faster service.