that time - weekend finds

2»

Comments

• post office finds:

How is that REFLECTIONS OF TIME LP ? would love to hear this rarity.

It's nice sweet soul from 1978 - but the sound quality is really bad. Here's one track i found on my hard disk - most of the other songs are really nice ballads

I've already had the Japanese Press in the same bad sound quality

• post office finds:

good looks on the b & e lp. also that one to the left, isn't it just other bands playing and dude calling it his own..

if you're talking about the Reflections of Time record - all song are written by this guy Padro Lawrence Gray and performed by this 3 man group - Padro also leads most of the songs.
    Liner notes: "there are no woman vocalists in the album"!!!!!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    post office finds:

There's another Jerry Sandifer LP? Tracklist? Any good?

c

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    post office finds:

c

if i remember correctly (i had this once), that jerry sandifer is pretty bad. The other one at least has one solid cut.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i forgot these somehow

• post office finds:

c

if i remember correctly (i had this once), that jerry sandifer is pretty bad. The other one at least has one solid cut.

here's the tracklist of the above one:

just some solid piano jazz versions of some classics

the other (earlier) one has more good tracks, two nice self written tracks, and again some nice classics - but nothing too spectacular, solid private label jazz.

are there any more releases from him or on the Andrina Label?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

are there any more releases from him or on the Andrina Label?

Nope nothing else on sandifer on the label except for 45s taken from the albums.

haven't seen anything else on andrina but doesn't mean there isn't something else on the label out there somewhere.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you see?

Me? I saw from the jump.

I wish I was buying hip hop 12" - I drove a long
    way to a spot today that was old and filled with
    records, but picked like a Christmas turkey except
    for (it looked like) hip hop 12" ... boxes and boxes
    and boxes all along the aisles and on shelves. I wasted
    the whole time looking through garbage 45's by the
    thousands and coming up empty. Probably left some good
    rapps behind. That DJ P contract is pretty cool.

ummmm....could ya gimme a hint????

Luke's Record Exchange in Pawtucket.
    He's closing on May 1st and will be having
    big sales all through March/April, so it may
    be worth heading down there. For a guy looking
    for 60's rock & soul, though, it was a big letdown.
    I'm sure at some point that place was a goldmine.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Vermont Heads were sleeping today. Pretty random shit, but one of the better local scores I've had in a while. Very random.

Waterbury Antique Apres Shred action:

$2 each. Mint.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

good looks on the b & e lp. also that one to the left, isn't it just other bands playing and dude calling it his own..
    if you're talking about the Reflections of Time record - all song are written by this guy Padro Lawrence Gray and performed by this 3 man group - Padro also leads most of the songs.
    Liner notes: "there are no woman vocalists in the album"!!!!!

Rook is right, the Padro LP is not originals at all, the reason the record is so shitty sounding is that it's a bunch of re-recorded songs from different groups, passed off as his own. He sings over a few songs, most likely other groups instrumentals, but I think its the consensus that every song on there is just ripped off of different records, like Ojays Meet the Moments, etc.

Dante did a write up on this in one of the Wax Poetics. Still a rare Frickin' record though.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• King Curtis - Memphis Soul Stew
    Junior Wells - You're Tough Enough
    Fantastic Epics - We Do It All Up In Here
    Brother to Brother - In the Bottle
    Fugi - Mary Don't Take Me On No Bad Trip
    Paul Humphrey - Detroit
    Maceo and the Macs - Parrty
    The Packers - Go Head On
    Jimmy Castor Bunch - It's Just Begun
    Dyke and the Blazers - Funky Broadway
    Dyke and the Blazers - We Got More Soul
    Lee Sain - Them Hot Pants
    A Parliament Thang - I Call My Baby Pussycat
    The Shocking Blue - Hot Sand
    Bull & the Matadors - The Funky Judge
    Groove Holmes - Nightglider
    Lyn Collins - Fly Me to the Moon
    Millie Jackson - Breakaway
    John Roberts - Sockin' 1-2-3-4
    Luther Ingram - Be Good to Me Baby
    The Inclines - Pressure Cooker
    Nite Liters - Kay Jee
    Afrique - Soul Makossa
    Rhon Silva - Got to Have It
    Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead
    Willie Henderson and the Soul Explosions - Funky Chicken
    Hassan - Ghetto King
    King Curtis and the Kingpins - Cook-Out
    100 Proof Aged In Soul - Everything Good is Bad
    Gwen Mcrae - Easy Rock

• just a few, but they're good. Liquid Liquid super clean og for a nice price (sitting right next to 2 other 12"s by them that I didn't know- might have to go back). Anyone know about this pressing of Inner Mystique Chocolate Watch Band[/b]? Thin sleeve stereo press on a white Tower label? Recent? 80s? Hard to find? The music on here is awesome. Ronnie Foster was sealed. Festival in Haiti has some drums that are

paging Aleit... you got this one holmes? hehehe

• Irie weekend! Nothing better than finding clean (were talking NM or better Jamaican records)! Other goodies as well. All field finds.

Disco Four and Gang Starr "Believe Dat" at the bottom.

Bottom right is Curved Air's second album.

Cosmic Slop was unplayed! Never seen any P-Funk record that clean.

12's are Barrington Levy - Tell them a Ready/murderer (jah life), Delroy Wison - Cause I'm Black/All in This Together, and Ken Parker- True True True/ I should have know. The 10" is Sugar Minott - Dance Hall Showcase Vol. II (Black Roots).

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Anyone know about this pressing of Inner Mystique Chocolate Watch Band[/b]? Thin sleeve stereo press on a white Tower label?

Sounds like the 90's boot.

• Dyke and the Blazers - Funky Broadway

Where'd you dig up that Dyke on Artco? I'm not sure but isn't that worth a couple of bucks? Anyone?

EDITED BECAUSE I JUST FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY OWN QUESTION....Apparently Manship just auctioned off a copy for 176 UKP[/b], so, a couple of bucks indeed...[/b]

• I've been looking through this dudes collection that used to own a jukebox business. I've only gone through a couple hundred. Those are what i found so far. $2 each.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ok. this is from the last couple of weeks.
    most of it being a mix between fleas, thrifts, and a couple of record shops--one with a dollar bin filled with rap and disco records.

it has also been a weird week--this one guy i know from my local flea market came across a bunch of records from a college radio station.i picked up a bunch of them for a little over 50 cents each.
    it sucks and was a little annoying with the station lettering on many of them--but some didn't have that.
    anyhow--

promo of mbv's 'glider' ep, danzig 'under her black wings' promo, and some college rockish radio show/transcription featuring interviews and songs--has jim jarmusch and art spiegelman, fall and flaming lips interviews. these are from like 88. kind of cool.

rare soul 45 from otis williams - (bad pic, i know)

rick holmes 12" prod by roy ayers. holmes was the guy who did the narration on adderley's soul of the bible.

randoms/indy stuff--

olori rock from the witchdoctor crew!

split with hycelph da supreme child

tons of other 12"s from --
    disco stuff:
    hott city - feelin' love/ain't love grand (feelin' love i like more--very spacey cosmic disco)
    kennie delt and prana - conquer all 12"
    cathy carlson - i didn't know what time it was 12"

hip hop stuff:

almaretta - constantly flowin/rhythm killer (random/indy)
    kaotic stylin - don't waste your time (rare on rey rey)
    righteous o'real - wisdom 12" (rare random)
    tony cook and the party people - on the floor (rock-it)
    super love cee & casanova rud - i gotta good thing
    chill rob g - the power
    captain rock - cosmic blast/the pure
    ameer stein - a day without a rhyme (random)
    tnt - the 4 boroughs/make it phat-make it dope (indie mid 90s)
    x-tra pleza - pump ya fist/butter on bread (rare random)
    the edge - do ya dirt 12
    the b boys - stick up kid/girls 12

and i found 2 copies of this modern soul/boogie grail! one is sealed.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I've been looking through this dudes collection that used to own a jukebox business. I've only gone through a couple hundred. Those are what i found so far. $2 each.
    Looks like you could be about to considerably up your low-mid range 45 game, keep us posted man. Jukebox business hauls can be pretty sweet & looks like you're onto a fun one.

• I've been looking through this dudes collection that used to own a jukebox business. I've only gone through a couple hundred. Those are what i found so far. $2 each.
    Looks like you could be about to considerably up your low-mid range 45 game, keep us posted man. Jukebox business hauls can be pretty sweet & looks like you're onto a fun one.

Rhon Silva is a little better than low-mid range.

• a couple LP's found at the sunday flea market.

"flippin' a coin" on the street people album is my shit.

I've been looking through this dudes collection that used to own a jukebox business. I've only gone through a couple hundred. Those are what i found so far. $2 each.

Rhon Silva is a little better than low-mid range.
    Ha ha, I totally missed that in my skim read of the initial post, yeah, I should probably edit that to add the odd high range 45 in there too. That's a pretty sweet $2 find.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    today i got some MMO jazz drumming record from the 50s, nothing but upright bass and drums the whole time, and some of the stuff the drummer does is actually on the verge of funky...haha

oh, and im looking at this in a week:

IMG src=http://images.craigslist.org/01020701040601030020080113b2ece6f07372d1196b00d82b.jpg>

today i got some MMO jazz drumming record from the 50s, nothing but upright bass and drums the whole time, and some of the stuff the drummer does is actually on the verge of funky...haha
    Some of those MMO LPs are actually really cool listens even without the "featured" instrument. Great players in the rhythm sections at times too.

Some of those MMO LPs are actually really cool listens even without the "featured" instrument. Great players in the rhythm sections at times too.

definitely, i've sampled my fair share of MMO records. and that "for bassists only" box-set is pure

theres probably a 1:30 break on that one...

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

this (red) was my pride and joy when i was 17. it took me everywhere and make me feel like a biker (vroar). I used to sport an Kaptein Mobilette as well wich had more of a lowrider feel to it.
    have fun with that baby.

this (red) was my pride and joy when i was 17. it took me everywhere and make me feel like a biker (vroar). I used to sport an Kaptein Mobilette as well wich had more of a lowrider feel to it.
    have fun with that baby.

you had a CL70? thats awesome. im surprised the one im looking at didnt sell already. im already having dreams about it.