Democrat Debate Thread

2»

Comments

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    Anyone catch this line of BS?

CLINTON: Neither one of us would have either predicted -- you know, not very long ago -- we would be sitting here. And it is a great tribute to the Democratic Party and to America.

i think you missed her point. we've had 42 presidents in over 200 years. all of them white males.

Has there ever been a female candidate before?

• Anyone catch this line of BS?

CLINTON: Neither one of us would have either predicted -- you know, not very long ago -- we would be sitting here. And it is a great tribute to the Democratic Party and to America.

i think you missed her point. we've had 42 presidents in over 200 years. all of them white males.

not for president, but Geraldine Ferraro ran for VP with Walter Mondale in 84

edit: also winona duke ran with Ralph Nader under the Green Party

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    Anyone catch this line of BS?

not for president, but Geraldine Ferraro ran for VP with Walter Mondale in 84

edit: I believe there has been a black female candidate on the ballot, but was for a very small party that because of campaign rules was not in any debates.

Oh ok, thanks. I was curious about that.

• "reagan is the prez but i voted for shirley chisholm"

• You think they'll run together? Or is that a nobody knows deal at this point?

I thought it was a good debate... democrats dont wanna put up targets for the republicans to shoot at. I thought both got their points across and they both seem to be the same candidate for the most part. I support Obama cause I think the ways hes different are ways that im different from Hillary stance wise. Also, hillary did throw one too many of those smirks and laughs while obama was responding... that shit was immature.

I think Obama has a big chance. Ann Coulter is a Nazi... jesus... I feel bad for hillary.

So... McCain is like undoubtable the republican frontrunner at this point huh? Or does Romney still have a chance? Dude comes off like a Frickin' used car salesman, while McCain comes off as some spooked out Nam Vet.

I hope McCain wins for the republicans because that dude cant Frickin' speak for shit. He studders and shit.

Watching both recent debates I just realized how lackluster pretty much ALL of the candidates are cept Hillary and Obama. I hope Obama wins but I'll take Hillary with a smile still.

• but I'll take Hillary with a smirk[/b] still.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Wolf Blitzer was doing a pretty awful job out there.

"So you're basically saying that you were naive when you voted..."

Say word....I hate that prick. At one point Obama basically states his confidance in his ability to be the best president for the current situation in the US and Wolf says "senator Clinton that was a DIRECT swipe at you, do you care to answer?"......how desperate can you sound for some drama?

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    So... McCain is like undoubtable the republican frontrunner at this point huh?
    yup

Or does Romney still have a chance?

Depends how the investigation into the whisper incident turns out. Multiple forensic audio experts are having a field day with it right now.

I hope McCain wins for the republicans because that dude cant Frickin' speak for shit. He studders and shit.

Don't worry. Ron Paul will most likely go the third party route and steal some extra votes from McCain. Besides that, there is no way that the republicans are going to win this year, if you ask me.

• Damn Keith, I just went and tracked down that clip to post in here, and you beat me to it. Cut me off at the pass, but fuck it:

And btw, between that debate, his donations and the Coulter endorsement (keeding), I think Obama supporters should be feeling pretty good about Tuesday. Even keeping it close would be pretty good for him, but Im feeling like he'll do even better than that....

y'all Obama riders can't see that he's in league with Coulter? obviously his campaign reached out and paid for this. shit is a work.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    y'all Obama riders can't see that he's in league with Coulter? obviously his campaign reached out and paid for this. shit is a work.

What do you think she cost??

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

What do you think she cost??

• There has never been a Catholic President, a black Secretary of State, or open gay members of Congress before the not so distant past. So what? The fact that there are finally viable black and female presidential candidates shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone. Hillary Clinton is not going to be Bill Clinton reduxe.

• What do you think she cost??
    that's botox?

I didn't watch the debate but Volfgang is terrible. He holds that pen like a security blanket. I don't know if he has ever actually used it?

Last night Blarnity & Colmes also had John Cleese co-moderating a panel of undecided voters (?!)

I think Obama will have some trouble Tuesday, although he is up in some southern states, tied in Conn, down by 3 in CA (most recently). But Clinton is & has been way ahead in most states. Polls haven't accurately predicted recent spreads, but I still think Clinton has the edge. Obama needs another boost, maybe a big endorsement ...

• someone just told me Obama smokes cigarettes. is that real?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    someone just told me Obama smokes cigarettes. is that real?

How do you think he keeps so slim?

• And yea... wolf was being a bitch the whole debate. I wish we had someone throwing us softballs like the republicans do. Wolf is like... "so are you saying shes a bitch, is that what your saying?" "Hillary did you hear Obama call you a bitch, you think you could take him in a fight or are you a little girl like he said"

hehe... yea... so fuck wolf blitzer... that guy is a major dissapointment for such an awesome name. He shoulda led a death metal band or something.

• someone just told me Obama smokes cigarettes. is that real?

but what's his brand? and no I am not trying to turn this into a race thread.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    There has never been a Catholic President, a black Secretary of State, or open gay members of Congress before the not so distant past. So what? The fact that there are finally viable black and female presidential candidates shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone. Hillary Clinton is not going to be Bill Clinton reduxe.

It's not the surprise factor that there are qualified people. It's more that, "holy shit, they're the frontrunners after 400+ years of racial and patriarchal exclusion."

It's a big deal.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    someone just told me Obama smokes cigarettes. is that real?

but what's his brand? and no I am not trying to turn this into a race thread.

I don't think he'll lose any votes over it, as long as he doesn't smoke Montclair

• "holy shit, they're the frontrunners after 400+ years of racial and patriarchal exclusion."

• Wolf Blitzer was doing a pretty awful job out there.

He's always doing an awful job.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wolf Blitzer was doing a pretty awful job out there.

He's always doing an awful job.