Democrat Debate Thread

Mad Drama TeacherMad Drama Teacher 1,985 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Go Obama! Tear her to pieces!

Comments

• Am I the only one who watched this?

• zzzzz

tell us some stuff we didn't already know about you. barack should tattoo "i was against iraq from the beginning" on his forehead. give us some credit, we heard you the first thousand times. he's getting to be like rudy with 9-11....and its not like he hasn't had the identical voting record on iraq (as far as spending) as hillary since he has been in the senate. not only that, but he wasn't in the senate for the vote and later said he doesn't know how he would have voted with the intelligence that they had.

my point is not that hillary doesn't deserve some knocks, but its not like she's running against Dean, who was in congress and voted against it. obama could have taken a stand since being in the senate and voted not to fund the war. he hasn't done that, so chill with mentioning iraq in every sentence.

i'm happy with both these candidates though. mccain is gonna get smoked in the debates, regardless of who wins.

if anyone actually watched the debate, and saw how close to identical these two are on their policies, yet still hates/fears hillary, keep that sh*t to yourself. your hurting the cause.

• I saw it as well. I hate to say it, but it was a heated debate.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

your hurting the cause.

Only if the "cause" is getting Hillary the nomination.

And that seems to be the very small minority here.

• your hurting the cause.

dude, your a republican right, i.e., the enemy. the cause is to get a democrat elected president. if hillary is the nominee, but all these obama supporters don't go out and vote for her for superficial reasons, that sh*t is foolish.

• obama came correct tonight. Hillary isn't as bad as folks make her out to be.

He really wasn't even saying he was the shit for not voting on the war at the beggining... he was more saying he looks like hes the shit for it as far as questions can go.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

your hurting the cause.

dude, your a republican right, i.e., the enemy. the cause is to get a democrat elected president. if hillary is the nominee, but all these obama supporters don't go out and vote for her for superficial reasons, that sh*t is foolish.

No idea where you get the idea I'm a Republican.....you're on some serious "If you're not with us you're against us" shit.

I've stated my support for Obama often and early.

• .....you're on some serious "If you're not with us you're against us" shit.

exactly. if 2 candidates are near identical on the issues, its not helping the democratic cause if you paint the one who is in the lead as this evil 2 headed monster caricature. anyone who is supporting obama but would vote for mccain over hillary in a general election is an idiot.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Am I the only one who watched this?

I didn't see them.

Did you learn anything?

Did they take different positions on any policies?

Just Obama throwing zingers at Clinton?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    later said he doesn't know how he would have voted with the intelligence that they had.

I think you know that is a misrepresentation.

Did you know that Clinton said she never looked at the intelligence?

• Wolf Blitzer was doing a pretty awful job out there.

"So you're basically saying that you were naive when you voted..."

• Shit! I missed it! And to think I watched the damn Republic Debate last night! ARRG

• Wolf Blitzer was doing a pretty awful job out there.

"So you're basically saying that you were naive when you voted..."

No, that's called a good follow-up question to the utterly circumlocutious answer Hillary was giving.

• the utterly circumlocutious answer

...and the dictionary word of the day calender finally pays off

• Sorry, dood, I've known that one since 10th grade. Teacher would always call peoples' answers circumlocutious.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I thought the big winner tonight was the democratic party. Both candidates acquitted themselves nicely. Compared to last night's unfriendly GOP debate. Hillary is a surprisingly strong debater who comes across as thoughtful and effective. Barack hit some nice notes. His jab at Romney was money.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    my point is not that hillary doesn't deserve some knocks, but its not like she's running against Dean, who was in congress and voted against it. obama could have taken a stand since being in the senate and voted not to fund the war. he hasn't done that, so chill with mentioning iraq in every sentence.

sorry dude being against entering the war =/= being against funding the war once yr already there

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

...and the dictionary word of the day calender finally pays off

That's calenda[/b]r - maybe you should pick one up, too?

• zzzzz

tell us some stuff we didn't already know about you. barack should tattoo "i was against iraq from the beginning" on his forehead. give us some credit, we heard you the first thousand times. he's getting to be like rudy with 9-11....and its not like he hasn't had the identical voting record on iraq (as far as spending) as hillary since he has been in the senate. not only that, but he wasn't in the senate for the vote and later said he doesn't know how he would have voted with the intelligence that they had.

i'm happy with both these candidates though. mccain is gonna get smoked in the debates, regardless of who wins.

if anyone actually watched the debate, and saw how close to identical these two are on their policies, yet still hates/fears hillary, keep that sh*t to yourself. your hurting the cause.

Hillary SUX

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Hillary SUX

Do you even vote?

• most tepid debate ever...can;t believe i stayed up for that

• Hillary really came out well on this one. She hit a lot of nice points and kept the aggression to a minimum. I thought Obama did better than previous debates but Clinton is better in this format no question.

I spent a lot of time watching the candidates while the other was speaking... Obama seemed interested and attentive... Clinton smirked a lot... wonder why people don't like her...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Obama's a funny dude. Dude's quips are pretty spot on.

but it was pretty much a snooze fest with respect to anything new being brought to the table. Like JP mentioned, Hillary is better in the debate format, but Obama has gotten 10x better since the first debates in the summer.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Hillary really came out well on this one. She hit a lot of nice points and kept the aggression to a minimum. I thought Obama did better than previous debates but Clinton is better in this format no question.

I spent a lot of time watching the candidates while the other was speaking... Obama seemed interested and attentive... Clinton smirked a lot... wonder why people don't like her...

that smirk is awful jesus...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hillary really came out well on this one. She hit a lot of nice points and kept the aggression to a minimum. I thought Obama did better than previous debates but Clinton is better in this format no question.

that smirk is awful jesus...

So, as a foreigner viewing this for the first time two things come to mind:

1. At the two minute mark, when both candidates come on stage, Clinton starts pointing out people in the audience then Obama starts and before you know it they're both almost taking eachother's eyes out with their fingers. Do you think they actually see anyone they know or is one of those horrible times where you don't want to be seen as the unpopular one.

2. What does Obama whisper in Clinton's ear at 2.45?

• I thought the big winner tonight was the democratic party.

• Anyone catch this line of BS?

CLINTON: Neither one of us would have either predicted -- you know, not very long ago -- we would be sitting here. And it is a great tribute to the Democratic Party and to America.

The only thing the Clinton didn't predict was that Obama is on the verge of pissing on her vision quest. The nomination was supposed to be a fait accompli. Obama is the only one that has a chance of attracting the independent vote. Shit, the ol' maverick is loosing more and more independents as he is trying to paint himself as a hardcore conservative.

• Anyone catch this line of BS?

CLINTON: Neither one of us would have either predicted -- you know, not very long ago -- we would be sitting here. And it is a great tribute to the Democratic Party and to America.

i think you missed her point. we've had 42 presidents in over 200 years. all of them white males.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Damn Keith, I just went and tracked down that clip to post in here, and you beat me to it. Cut me off at the pass, but fuck it:

And btw, between that debate, his donations and the Coulter endorsement (keeding), I think Obama supporters should be feeling pretty good about Tuesday. Even keeping it close would be pretty good for him, but Im feeling like he'll do even better than that....