THE THOMPSONS - i'll get over it

sorginisorgini 46 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
hi, is here anyone involved with this record , original, reissue , value of it ?flo

Comments

• I sang back-up on this album.

I'll pay you $20 for a copy. I need it because, unfortunately, my personal copy burned down with the entire contents of my house. And my dog.

• just bought the ??second ??press of it but couldn??t find any information about it. cover and record looks like from mid 70??s too. but on the back of the cover is "made in canada" printed.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I sang back up too, (left the group before Johnny came in) I'd pay $21 for a copy, and record you a cassette after I get the album (which is what I'm going to do for myself).

• Andrew didn't sang backup he just did the dance steps and hes trying to take the credit. Anyway I need it bad so I am willing to raise my offer to $25 and I can make you a CD. That's better than a tape right.

• Oh ,very nice offers ! must think about it..... however this is the best soul record i??ve ever heard, for real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I seem to remember someone showing me a bootleg of this yearssss ago. Maybe you have that...

And yes, the record cover was printed in Canada at my uncles plant. It was his favorite record and I would love to get him a copy. I will pay $30 and give you a CDR & highest of quality mp3 version ripped right from my uncles plant setup.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Oh ,very nice offers ! must think about it..... however this is the best soul record i??ve ever heard, for real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was fortunate enough to pick up an OG for a few bucks last year.

It's a pretty cool Philly record, but I was much happier with six bills in my pocket.

Oh ,very nice offers ! must think about it..... however this is the best soul record i??ve ever heard, for real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really !?
    How long has you been listen to soul music?

• Oh ,very nice offers ! must think about it..... however this is the best soul record i??ve ever heard, for real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was fortunate enough to pick up an OG for a few bucks last year.

It's a pretty cool Philly record, but I was much happier with six bills in my pocket.

I will give you much more than $6! I have wanted to hear these songs I sang on for so long. Please help me.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Jonny Paycheck aka "the silk mist"

will you and Andrew please conference call me on my birthday and croon.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Many don't know that Fred Thompson, Republican primary drop-out candidate, was one of the original members of The Thompsons but sadly had to leave the band before this session was recorded to go follow his dream of becoming a television star on the show Law & Order. I think the band would have been much more successful w/ Fred's participation since he sings great harmony.....

• superfly sold his original for 650??? !!!!!!!! a bit more than six bills...
    what is with the canadian release ?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    superfly sold his original for 650??? !!!!!!!! a bit more than six bills...
    what is with the canadian release ?

the canadian release was only released in canada.
    therefore it is much rarer than the U.S. release
    which was only released in the U.S.
    but since the U.S. has a higher population than Canada
    the U.S. release is more common.

so i would estimate the Canadian release to be somewhere in the ballpark of 900 Euros.

900 Euros is roughly equal to the entire Law And Order DVD set.

He's right, back when I was singing for the group (1986), we released 100 in Canada (1 for every 10,000 people), and 700 in the US (1 for every 10,000 people). Now that the population has nearly tripled overseas, the record has doubled in the market share, which is how I calculated my offer price (see above post, if you don't feel like reading the above post, my offer is $21)

After I left the group, there was still 700 copies floating around. Now theres 700-1(superfly records copy)-1(Drewnice copy) so there are only 198 copies in existence today, and I signed all of them (Jerree Nevilles)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dude....in case you haven't figured it out yet these guys are clowning your ass.

My recently deceased uncle Hunter S. started the group but was ill the day the LP was recorded. His dying wish was to re-record the LP with his vocals dubbed in from beyond the grave.

We are having a seance/recording session in late February but need a clean copy of the LP to do so. By selling me this LP for $36.00 you will not only make my uncle a very happy dead man, but you will be contributing to the history of music for which you will certainly get a mention on the LP jacket.

Thanks in advance.