Sloppy White CDs Now Available for FREE Download

sloppywhitesloppywhite 230 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
What's up Strutters...After Years of Wrapping CDs in foil and making mini mud flaps I???ve decided to retire the physical copies of "Fat Tape", "The Way It Was" and "Get Some". Many thanks to all who???ve ordered copies over the years. For those of you who aren???t familiar with the mixes, I'm now offering them all as FREE downloads for promotional purposes at www.sloppywhite.com.Track List Track ListTrack ListSo please spread the word and enjoy the Golden Era vibes!

Comments

• Sloppy got heat...

plus he's a nice guy....

plus the fact that he has a website that corresponds to the mixes and drops knowledge on each track is great...

plus the fact that he wrapped cds in foil (like chocolate bars) and did mini mud flaps is even more great.

the extra effort is appreciated.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    this stuff looks like its gonna be awesome. excited to download when i get home tonight. thanks dude!

• Sloppy got heat...

plus he's a nice guy....

plus the fact that he has a website that corresponds to the mixes and drops knowledge on each track is great...

plus the fact that he wrapped cds in foil (like chocolate bars) and did mini mud flaps is even more great.

the extra effort is appreciated.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.
    Now where's "Bunny Slippers Part 2"?

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    looks great! thanks for this...

• this is really nice that you posted these. i had only heard 'get some' and i am excited to check the other ones. thanks a lot! -mm

• I made sure I got all of these the days they came out... just wanted to let sloppy know I still hold them at the top of the list for all these types of mixes. Great work and I hope there's more sometime.

• I appreciate that you guys, seriously. Thanks!!

I'm a little over half way through a new one. It's been a minute since the last one so I wanna try and get it done as soon as i can.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Hurry up Sloppy, I cant wait to hear the new one !!!

Juice Magazine is on oyur side !!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

• these mixes are quality. It's cool how you have some raer unknowns and then you also have shit like Kid N Play. Mixes like this make you appreciate some artists you'd normally overlook.

The dialogue on Get Some is perfect.

• Hurry up Sloppy, I cant wait to hear the new one !!!

Juice Magazine is on oyur side !!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

Thanks Hawk! I'm tryin' homey.

The dialogue on Get Some is perfect.

Thanks C7!

Outisde the obvious, the movie I had the most fun pulling/re-editing dialogue with was Jonathan Demme's "Citizens Band". Shame it's not on DVD and out of print on VHS. It had a ton of good lines I didn't even use.

"This dynamic Jonathan Demme comedy, set during the time of the Citizens Band radio craze of the 1970s, interweaves the different stories of several characters in a small town. At the center is Paul Le Mat, a CB vigilante named Spider who incurs his wrath on anyone who misuses the airwaves--his chief beef being his unnatural attachment to his father, Papa Thermodyne (Roberts Blossom), who becomes decent and kind only when he is sitting at Spider??’s microphone. Other characters include a small-time prostitute on wheels and a cattle-truck-driving bigamist (Charles Napier), known by the handle name Chrome Angel, whose two wives unwittingly discover each other when he has an accident. The movie uses the CB trend as a metaphor for lack of direct human communication, alternating between darkly comic and poignant moments. Demme has created another insightful and illuminating character-driven slice of Americana that is made complete with down-to-earth hipness and hard-edged goodwill."

"Convoy" with Kris Kristofferson and Ernest Borgnine was another fun one.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    I'm now offering them all as FREE downloads for promotional purposes at www.sloppywhite.com.

• I Downloaded Fat Tape and Listened to it while I was at the gym

I seriously appreciate that.

• I Downloaded Fat Tape and Listened to it while I was at the gym

I seriously appreciate that.

you're welcome

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    The low-rent James Mason impersonation in the intro to The Way It Was is classic!

• The low-rent James Mason impersonation in the intro to The Way It Was is classic!

All that stuff was taken from a ton of Power Records comic/record releases.

Mostly the Star Trek and Space 1999 ones.

My all time fav:

This was marketed to kids and the fuckin' clown commits suicide with a gun to the head in the opening.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    im a big fan,
    i bought Get Some a couple years ago and it lives in my car.

• Site is back up.

Fuck eHostPros!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    thanks, Sloppy White!
    I have been rocking Grandmaster Caz - "Need To Know The Flavor" since hearing it on 'The Way It Was'
    your site with all the track info is very nice too

• thanks for this. on the real.

• Thanks, dudes!

Yeah that Caz album rules:

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    I gotta post again, these mixes are great. Thanks again sloppy!