Question for science nerds

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Is it possible to make a small yield EMP device?Something with say, a 10-15ft coverage area?Maybe it could be carried in a backpack or something similar?Any thoughts, there's gotta be some science guys who post on this thread...

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Are you trying to blow up or disrupt something? What is the use for before I go saying how to do so?
    No offense, but it's an odd/suspicious request...
    Peace
    T.N.

• if you can get with 10-15ft you can get close enough to cut the power.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    He's been watching Matrix too much.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    No, i'm just sick of the assholes who sit outside my apartment at night playing reggeton in their cars. I just wanna walk past their car, go 'click' and fuck their shit up.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You could gerryrig an EMP with a microwave oven, a generator, or weapons grade plutonium or uranium. You are not Emmett Brown and probably don't know any Libyans, so the last choice is nixed. If you did a walk by, you would probably die in the process with an EMP. You would need a remote and it would be complicated. If these dudes have mega speakers in the systems, they need a power source. Go underneath the car and clip the wire to the speaker which would theoretically should be going to the trunk. That or attach something to the car that disrupts transmission like a SUPER strong cellphone.

No blow up the cars,
    Peace
    T.N.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    you just lit up the CIA defense e-alert grid probably

saying

red flags at dawn

• you just lit up the CIA defense e-alert grid probably

saying

red flags at dawn

Raj is about to get a visit from someone in black suits...

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    you just lit up the CIA defense e-alert grid probably

saying

red flags at dawn

Raj is about to get a visit from someone in black suits...

and this time they're not Eve's lawyers!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    No, i'm just sick of the assholes who sit outside my apartment at night playing reggeton in their cars. I just wanna walk past their car, go 'click' and fuck their shit up.

Oh, well if you only wanted to kill people that would be cool, but you are talking about property destruction and no body here is going to help you with that.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts

HAHAHA

IEEE had an article a couple years back about how to make an EMP with a simple microwave. The article even had directions for construction as well as a "stern" do not try this at home. When 9/11 went down they blocked access to the article. For someone that knows their electronics, it might not be that hard of a thing to do...but why don't you just ask them to turn it down?

Sooks probably knows how to make one Sup man?