Klaatu

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I like these guys and have never heard them mentioned here. Good fun Beatles' sound alikes. Actually, it's eery how much these guys sound like Sgt Pepper's era Beatles.. right down to the recording techniques. Canada... do you have love for Klaatu? Or is this reserved for the Gentle Giant bearded yellow toothed prog dudes wit rainbow colored suspenders?

Comments

• when it was released, one of their albums was rumored by more than one writer and a few radio stations that is was the Beatles incognito...hence why you see that one album (the one with the sun on the cover) everywhere..there was a mad dash to buy it when folks thought it was the beatles...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Yea, I dig this LP and never really thought about the Beatles connection since everyone was sounding/influenced by the Beatles around that time.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I scored one of there lps, with no cover though. i find them more trippy and psychedelic than the beatles shit. a few bugged out intro/outros to their songs, more experimental electronic almost.... got to check the name of the lp....

how many lp's do they have? whats the name of the 'beatlesque' one?

• awallawall 673 Posts
    i'd say they sound a little more like a 3rd rate ELO, who themselves sound like a 2nd rate beatles. they're a 5th rate beatles, basically.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I ride for the Langley version of 'Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft', but have always passed in the Klaatu LP.