Free New Mix For DL: SIDE EFFECT VOL. 1

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I first approached B.Cause and King Most about doing a weekly funk, soul, disco, and hip hop party in SF in the spring of '07. I had found myself at a point in my career where the commercial gigs were steady, and the occasional indie dance party provided enough variety to keep me interested in dj'ing, but something was lacking. It was the funk. In the early 00's, there was a stronger presence of funk, soul, and disco parties in SF. Vinyl culture was alive and kicking, and many an afternoon was spent by King Most and I at the Groove Merchant while B.Cause was working the counter, soaking up music knowledge and digging through Cool Chris' freshest new finds. I wanted to start up a night that harkened back to this real appreciation of music, while simultaneously keeping up on new music that fit that particular aesthetic. A few possible names were thrown around until B.Cause came up with the best fit, and Side Effect was born. The night is a reflection of our eclectic styles, having all come up dj'ing in SF. We stay firmly grounded in the true funk appreciation of yesterday and keep an ear to what's fresh, new, and relevant today. This is the sound of what's missing in today's dj culture...enjoy it!!!-DJ Morse Code, winter 2008DOWNLOAD HERE: side effect mix vol. 1.mp3 - 72.43MBAnd if you're in SF on a Wed don't forget to stop by Double Dutch to check out the night. You can be sure to catch B.Cause and King Most killin shit on any given Wednesday, and when I'm back in SF I always come through and get down. Peep game!

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Goddamnit Moist! I was about to put "Sexuality" and some Hermanos Latinos tracks on a mix I'm working on!

Oh well, 32% down, 68% to go! Definitely looking forward to this.

• Goddamnit Moist! I was about to put "Sexuality" and some Hermanos Latinos tracks on a mix I'm working on!

Oh well, 32% down, 68% to go! Definitely looking forward to this.

do it anyways man. it's Saul Gooden.

You can likely have Daze ask Quik to do a drop a few youse.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this mix is sounding proper so far..good work

love that warren g track

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    BUMP....freeeee mix ya turkeys!!!

• 100% PERCENT ANTICON AND PROJECT BLOWED FREE

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dang, thanks! Can't wait to listen to this when I get home from work.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    rocked it on the train to work this mornin.

So we have to wait until Vol. 2 to hear your Turf Talk / Deep Puddle Dynamics mashup?

• thanks homie - still rocking that 'shit I'm feelin' mix on the regular over here too !

So we have to wait until Vol. 2 to hear your Turf Talk / Deep Puddle Dynamics mashup?

I'mma do a P.E.A.C.E. over a Bugz in the Attic blend.

• BUMP. We're bumpin this in the office today and it's

• autoauto 198 Posts
    nice mix..that zion i song...