What LABEL DISCOGRAPHYS have you completed?

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
i am workin on althea and phil la of soul

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    JAZZMAN 45's!

no sniggering at the back there please
    It's a worthwhile thing they're doing there

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    JAZZMAN 45's!

no sniggering at the back there please
    It's a worthwhile thing they're doing there

no doubt them shits is hot yo,wish i had em all
    jazzman must have one of the illy-ist collections in the universe

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think I have all the Hi-Infidelty covers. I might be missing one. I'll have to check.

• Tha Blue Herb Recordings

• I have every Sansu 45, except for Curly Moore 'Don't Pity Me'...

• I don't think I have any complete discographies, and I have a few thousand 45s here. My brain is just not oriented to want to collect everything that a label or artist put out.

• I don't think I have any complete discographies, and I have a few thousand 45s here. My brain is just not oriented to want to collect everything that a label or artist put out.

Yeah, each label has atleast a couple records that I really don't care to own...I'm not that much of a collectro nerd to posses the whole catalog.

• I have got the Soul Fire Records discography complete (including The Explorers 45 plus the Raindeer Runners 45).

Then I shoul have the Timmion Records complete.

But the one thing I'm proud of is my complete Funky Ass Records (Kool Keith) discography.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

collecting is bourgeoise consumerism only suitable for syphlitic non-artist pustules.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Tha Blue Herb Recordings
    Did AMENIMOMAKEZ ever come out on vinyl?

Yeah, it is on TBHR-003 which is their first album "Stilling, Still Dreaming"

The original version with the picture cover goes for about $100-120 but you can probably find a used copy of the repress for about $40-50

peace

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    My brain is just not oriented to want to collect everything that a label or artist put out.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I know of a guy who amassed every New Zealand pressed 45 on the local pink label Tamla Motown imprint, that's a shitload of Motown & sub-label 45s, he then decided to move back to the UK & broke the collection up to sell it in bits. He seemed a bit odd, even for an English guy. Pretty amazing achievement though.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I don't think I have any complete discographies, and I have a few thousand 45s here. My brain is just not oriented to want to collect everything that a label or artist put out.

I actually do feel a slight urge to "collect ???em all!" But the time and money involved usually seems too prohibitive for such a relatively small satisfaction.

I do, however, have the entire Puma Strut discography. All eight of ???em.

• seriously.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Tha Blue Herb Recordings

The original version with the picture cover goes for about $100-120 but you can probably find a used copy of the repress for about $40-50

peace
    Nice. Thanks for the info.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

seriously.

[sarcasm] [/sarcasm]

peace
    Nice. Thanks for the info.

No prob. PM me if you need any proper MP3s or info on other related stuff

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I almost bid on the Explosions - Jockey Ride 45 last week so I could complete my Gold Cup discography, but then I realized I don't really like the track that much so it wouldn't be worth the dough just to have em all.

• I almost bid on the Explosions - Jockey Ride 45 last week so I could complete my Gold Cup discography, but then I realized I don't really like the track that much so it wouldn't be worth the dough just to have em all.

sorry but you are being far too rational

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    The only ones I really seem to freak about are the Houston soul labels.

Ovide
    Backbeat
    Duke

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    The only ones I really seem to freak about are the Houston soul labels.

Ovide
    Backbeat
    Duke

get your point over..my brother
    ovide is the shit

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

(I Wish)

Really? There's a good chunk of tepid second stringers on Black Jazz. I used to sweat that stuff when I was green and flush with record buying mania, but I rarely listen to a lot of the BJ catalogue that I have.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

(I Wish)

Really? There's a good chunk of tepid second stringers on Black Jazz. I used to sweat that stuff when I was green and flush with record buying mania, but I rarely listen to a lot of the BJ catalogue that I have.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I was obsessed with trying to stay abreast of all the current small label 45s there for a while, although I missed a 45 or two here and there. For the most part I bought these new when they came out, but I definitely have all or most of the pre-2005 Desco, Daptone, Soul Fire, Truth & Soul, Timmion, Rehash, Memphix, and a few other labels with just a couple of 45s, plus some of the reissue series like Jazzman and Funk45. I'm not quite as into it as I was before, so I'm probably not going to spend tons to fill in the few gaps here and there. I do wish I had more of the Bully 7s, although I've been able to plug a few hole with reissues.

• showjazz records
    got it sewn up

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    showjazz records
    got it sewn up

Nice one. How many releases are there? I can only think of Listen to My Turbo, the Rap n Scratch 12 and the Rap n Scratch LP off the top of my head.