Erykah Badu's "Honey" video.

Comments

• very dope video and song. havent even heard the song before.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    very dope video and song.

apologies to LuckLoop but drunk soulstrutting means a lot of quoting. definitely feelin this new badu.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    [color:white]Excellent. If I wasn't in[/color]fat[/b][color:white]uated with Badu[/color]a[/b][color:white]lready, thi[/color]s[/b][color:white] would have made it mo[/color]s[/b][color:white]t official.
    [color:black]
    Oh yeah!

This song is cool. Nice video too.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    thanks for posting it. nice one

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    great video, loved the flip with the album covers

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Good song and video! Likin' it.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Excuse me, did you steal my location, fam?

I'm sorry what did you say? I'm mezmerized by your avatar again...

As far as my location, I've always noticed after I wrote in a thread it would fall to page 2 with the quickness, never to return so I thought it was an appropriate location. I've rocked it for quite some time and it's about due to change. Any suggestions?
    Word well, hmm... that's interesting since it's the same reason I had "thread killa" as my location before the recent update.

It's a'ight though. It's good to know I'm not the only cat with the anti-Midas/5-pager touch.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    GREAT

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Definitely

b/w

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Definitely

b/w

(workingonit)

love it simple and effective same feel as the OG

• that record store looks exactly like Rockaway records in Silverlake. Either that or its a store with the exact same floor plan. Can Cali strutters that have been there can verify?

I was thinking the same thing.

• when they show her as the keyboardist for the Andre3000 impersonation band she looks like Dawn from En Vogue.

I love the Planet of the Apes "Do you sell gift cards?" at the end.

• I'm surprised no one has hatted on this. Soulstrut indeed has lost its balls.

Just for hatteurs, sake?

step up then!

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

damn, this is good.

step up then!

READ-UP ON YOUR READ-UPS. I've given multiple thumbs up on this thread.

step up then!

READ-UP ON YOUR READ-UPS. I've given multiple thumbs up on this thread.

oh I have no doubt; this schitt is like KUFI CRACK WATER.

still you should slide in under one of your aliases and get the hatt fest started.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it's a great song, I can't believe I enjoyed a 9th wonder beat. That is a remarkable feat in itself.

The video is average, but I'm not all excited about it like you lot are. Referencing lp covers to me is akin to wearing a band's t-shirt. I kinda feel silly for doing it now.....

great song though.

• it's a great song, I can't believe I enjoyed a 9th wonder beat. That is a remarkable feat in itself.

The video is average, but I'm not all excited about it like you lot are. Referencing lp covers to me is akin to wearing a band's t-shirt. I kinda feel silly for doing it now.....

great song though.

MAD BECAUSE HE GOT A CLOSET FULL OF THESE

kekekekeke...just kidding

I got 2 tribe shirts that I wear on the regular

• ew i dont think iwant to watch the video but i realy like this song. and im neither a fan of eryka badu nor 9th wonder or whoever made the music. but this track is awesome!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I'm surprised no one has hatted on this. Soulstrut indeed has lost its balls.
    I don't think this song is as great as people are making it out to be. I think the video is a tad stronger than the song. They are both good, but it does not have me that excited about new Erykah joints. It's too safe/clean.
    Now, "Healer" on the other hand... is that crack, because it sounds like it may have possibly been made while using a crack-like substance.

I think in terms of tracks leaked "Healer" (produced by Madlib) > "Honey." I hope more songs are like the former than the latter.

I don't think this song is as great as people are making it out to be. I think the video is a tad stronger than the song. They are both good, but it does not have me that excited about new Erykah joints. It's too safe/clean.

Now, "Healer" on the other hand... is that crack, because it sounds like it may have possibly been made while using a crack-like substance.

I think in terms of tracks leaked "Healer" (produced by Madlib) > "Honey." I hope more songs are like the former than the latter.

if it helps i usually have some hate for both of these folks.

• it could have a wack video and still be a really good song. the video is just icing on the cake. I wanna say I even remember hearing this track on the radio in like November.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    what was the imma boss record supposed to be?

I feel like I should know this....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm not on the net as much as I need to be, but I've watched this video at least 10 damn times and I can't stop smiling everytime I see it. Running a record store, watching her with the covers makes me giddy. Had two customers talking about it today. We agreed the LaBelle and Funkadelic covers were the best, but I had to clue them into the cover of Detroit's Brewster Projects most famous resident.

WTF Erykah?? You do a video all about supporting your local record store and all you buy in the video is a book and a Rolling Stone? GTFOHWTB!!!!!!

SIKE!

I like it.

nomnomnom

• the second appearance of the rufus cover is my shit
    and the h"hell to the nawl" EWF cover
    the shakerette back up singer clones are hot as hell too

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    so official!
    what was the imma boss record supposed to be?

It's based on an obscure private-press LP that came out a while back. The lead vocalist of a moderately-successful Sarnia, ONT female Vocal Pop group dropped it (I think they did "Heat Wave," or something), and it's been coveted by beat-heads ever since.

I can't recall her name, though. A little help, folks?

Damn Luck, you had me laughing hard

some of you are not using the ol' noggin...remember, they are doing a lot of "play on words"

Can I get a Shakey Wilson and the Shakettes full album in the near future? Damn that was hot. It's like the sexy reverse of the sequence where Malkovich goes into the portal into his own psyche.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Can I get a Shakey Wilson and the Shakettes full album in the near future? Damn that was hot. It's like the sexy reverse of the sequence where Malkovich goes into the portal into his own psyche.

BaduBadu?BaduBADUBaduBADU!

Badu!BADUBaduBADU?BaduBadu