Portishead - new album, new tour

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I just noticed that they added a lot of European dates on their website.And they're coming to CPH April 4th, yay!Current tour schedule:Oporto Coliseum Wednesday March 26Lisbon Coliseum Thursday March 27Milan Alcatraz Sunday March 30Florence Sashall Monday March 31Munich Tonhalle Wednesday April 2Berlin Columbiahalle Thursday April 3Copenhagen KB Halle Friday April 4Cologne Palladium Sunday April 6Amsterdam HMH Monday April 7Manchester Apollo Wednesday April 9London Hammersmith Apollo Thursday April 10Edinburgh Corn Exchange Saturday April 12Wolverhampton Civic Sunday April 1Brixton Academy Thursday April 17Coachella Festival Saturday April 26Paris Zenith Monday May 5Brussels Forest National Thursday May 8Barcelona Primavera Sound Thursday May 29The new album is scheduled for release April 14th. I know a lot of the jaded crusties here will say "who gives a fuck", but IMO the new tracks they played at All Tomorrow's Parties sounded real promising. Been playing them quite a bit the past month. I have faith. Doesn't have to be "game-changing" for me to dig it. Just good.Am I alone with my hope for a good new album? At least you know they put on a solid live show.The new tracks they played @ ATP

Comments

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    im still listening to their albums to this day on the regular. cant wait to get the new lp. no stockholm tourdate. bastards!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dunno....

but it better be serious. thats all im sayin. Its Frickin' been long enough.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I played them to death 10 years ago (damn, has it been a decade since the last album?) but this new stuff sounds like a Silver Apples cover band to me. Will check out the new LP regardless.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Just good.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I don't really care about the negative fallout, I'm just psyched to get some new material from this crew.

Yo, Dejean,
    do you have clean audio from their ATP performance?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Just good.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    been waiting a minute for this but i'm not that excited after hearing about madlib involvement...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Yo, Dejean,

This link was posted in the last Portisthread:

http://tinyurl.com/2jw2kz

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Yo, Dejean,

This link was posted in the last Portisthread:

http://tinyurl.com/2jw2kz

Thanks, dejean!