Johnny Paycheck is killin in on ebay right now.

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/CASUAL-T-Prescriptio...1QQcmdZViewItemAsk seller a question:Q: Hello i propose to you 300usd + shipping included i paid paypal now!!!!! Thanks to answer me Best regards Jan-22-08A: Thank you for your undoubtedly fair offer, but I do not end auctions early. Regards, JonathanQ: hi,i was interresed by this lp, are you ok , if i pay on paypal, buy this, on immediat purchase, give me your price thanks. Jan-22-08A: Hello, thank you for your offer but I do not end auctions early. Regards, JonathanQ: hi, i would ask this lp 200 $.do you agree to stop the sell .i search this lp since many years thanks for your answer best regards Jan-22-08A: Hello, thank you for your undoubtedly fair offer but I do not end auctions early. Regards, Jonathan

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Haha yeah. Oh French people.

b/w - that record is really good, and I usually don't dig modern soul too much.

• Managing an item like this on ebay is a job unto itself.

• Damn I didn't know that record was so heavily sweated

BTW/ Hilarious

plus

I'm

• Managing an item like this on ebay is a job unto itself.

no shit...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Damn, I probably wouldn't even pick up a record like this in a dollar bin if I saw it. My record game is weak.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Outside of stuff like Maze or whatever, I'm not really much of a late 70s soul dude, but that Richard Evans has been everywhere in L.A. That cover freaks me out.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I remember a few years back a buddy of mine got 850 for it I think.

Great record.

Just sell it to the first guy for 300 and tell him S&H is another 7 bills. Problem solved!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CASUAL-T-Prescriptio...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ask seller a question:
    Q: Hello i propose to you 300usd + shipping included i paid paypal now!!!!! Thanks to answer me Best regards Jan-22-08
    A: Thank you for your undoubtedly fair offer, but I do not end auctions early. Regards, Jonathan

Q: hi,i was interresed by this lp, are you ok , if i pay on paypal, buy this, on immediat purchase, give me your price thanks. Jan-22-08
    A: Hello, thank you for your offer but I do not end auctions early. Regards, Jonathan

Q: hi, i would ask this lp 200 $.do you agree to stop the sell .i search this lp since many years thanks for your answer best regards Jan-22-08
    A: Hello, thank you for your undoubtedly fair offer but I do not end auctions early. Regards, Jonathan

yo, the grammer and spelling tells you it's mostly non-english speaking buyers. I get the same type of questions.

My favorite is "hey can I paid you after I bid on some more of your funk/soul"?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Curious,

With something like this, did it sit around the store first? Or did you figure it'd do better on the 'bay vs. in NY?

More importantly, 101 LPs with no Latin heat?

• I haven't had the need to auction latin records. The ones I have in the shop sell well enough. Most of these records are doubles, with some notable exceptions.

I offered Casual-T to a couple of folks privately but no, I didn't put it out in the shop.

I did run Betty Padgett for a while.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I haven't had the need to auction latin records. The ones I have in the shop sell well enough.

Cali kids can't live!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    New ones that cracked me up:

Q: I am not French, I am Italian. Why do you do us like this? I will Paypal right now and you send me the record now. Jan-26-08
    A: You trade me Michael Jackson thriller with overwhelming smell. I trade you record with grading MINT-AS-F&CK. You meet me at 2am Ida B Wells project for the deal. Then, we drink.
    Q: Hi yes i pay you $150 and sensual back rub for Casual-T LP. i pay now with seashells and you get back rub later. Thanks very much! Jan-26-08
    A: Page me... after the auction. I can't end the auction early but I might be down for a nightcap. xoxo

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Q: Hi yes i pay you $150 and sensual back rub for Casual-T LP. i pay now with seashells and you get back rub later[/b]. Thanks very much!
    The perks of being a record dealer.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    New ones that cracked me up:

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    You trade me Michael Jackson thriller with overwhelming smell

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

I offered Casual-T to a couple of folks privately but no, I didn't put it out in the shop.

Yo,

JP, you didn't holla at your boy out in Dirty Jerz!!! You didn't hook me up with a Good Records addy last April when I came to NYC either. You're doin' me dirty, son, I see how it is! I feel like Little Richard at the Grammy Awards.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Damn, I probably wouldn't even pick up a record like this in a dollar bin if I saw it. My record game is weak.

i was just thinking the same thing. is it any good. it looks rubbish

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Damn, I probably wouldn't even pick up a record like this in a dollar bin if I saw it. My record game is weak.

i was just thinking the same thing. is it any good. it looks rubbish

Audio clips on Johnny's Ebay don't impress me either.

• Casual T to me is a dope record. If you are into 80s soul you will listen to these cuts and know they are three strong cuts. Whether or not it's worth the money is anyone's decision and guess. The record has a decent ballad and a terrible reggae cut beyond what I poasted. It is a Jamaican record so you know what the sound is going to be. If you aren't into 80s soul you probably won't dig this record. Peace, 'Czech . . .

• Casual T to me is a dope record. If you are into 80s soul you will listen to these cuts and know they are three strong cuts. Whether or not it's worth the money is anyone's decision and guess. The record has a decent ballad and a terrible reggae cut beyond what I poasted. It is a Jamaican record so you know what the sound is going to be. If you aren't into 80s soul you probably won't dig this record. Peace, 'Czech . . .

I'm feeling the Casual T. Not enough to drop 1500 on it but it sounds dope.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Outside of stuff like Maze or whatever, I'm not really much of a late 70s soul dude, but that Richard Evans has been everywhere in L.A. That cover freaks me out.

You mean the one where she is giving herself head?

• Now, the challenge to actually sell the records.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Word is most of the guys that worked on this were and still are MD's.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

yo, the grammer and spelling tells you it's mostly non-english speaking buyers.

grammar. sorry couldn't resist.

looks like Johnny's February rent is paid.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Jonny. No H. Sorry, couldn't resist.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Jonny. No H. Sorry, couldn't resist.

doh.

• dogballs' feedback reveals not records, but car parts. Dude just went on a blowout spree buying everything from IPhones to oil paintings. I'm gonna take a leap and assume it's a hacked account. Maybe The Real Mr. Dogballs thought his online had expired.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    dogballs' feedback reveals not records, but car parts. Dude just went on a blowout spree buying everything from IPhones to oil paintings. I'm gonna take a leap and assume it's a hacked account. Maybe The Real Mr. Dogballs thought his online had expired.

better get all the underbidder info written down before ebay 'disappears' the auction...

'hacked accounts' have fucked up several huge northern 45 auctions round these parts