the one goddamn morning I dont check the email...

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I know many of you get those estate sales emails...well usually every Saturday morning I get up early check them and roll out to whatever sale looks interesting via the pics...well, this morning the roads were icy and the bed was warm a comfortable so I decided to sleep in until i had to be at the shop...when I get to the shop I check my email and peep this pic in an estate sale ad:http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/...11-7165AED7A6D2(scroll down until you see the 45s, then peep the one with the purple 45 sleeve!)every collector in the city was probably camping out...you know how much that Johnny ace would fetch? no telling what else is(was) in there...fuck!In an act of desperation I am going to go when I get outta here this afternoon, but my hopes arent high...

Comments

• OHHHH NO!

• you can't have every record.... so you lost out on $100-300 sale... I'm sure you do fine.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I feel your pain!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Sorry about missing the sale, but thatnks for that link -
    I just registered for my area!

• I signed up too

• you wanna feel pain? I just got back and of course all the records were gone..I asked about them though...the 45s were $2 each, I asked how quick the Johnny Ace went...he said very quickly, "there were lots of copies of that one and some guy bought them all." DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    you wanna feel pain? I just got back and of course all the records were gone..I asked about them though...the 45s were $2 each, I asked how quick the Johnny Ace went...he said very quickly, "there were lots of copies of that one and some guy bought them all." DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I feel your pain. That sucks

• Yo! i hope you at least picked up those bikes!!!!!!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    you wanna feel pain? I just got back and of course all the records were gone..I asked about them though...the 45s were $2 each, I asked how quick the Johnny Ace went...he said very quickly, "there were lots of copies of that one and some guy bought them all." DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

When I saw those old 45 mailers in the picks I thought it might be a distributer or something.

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    There were a couple of other missed oppurtunites in that link.

Every estate sale I've been to has been an utter complete waste of time. Junk bullcrap strewn about in every room. Doesn't matter if I'm first in or 55th.... I'm sure some of you have been successful.

I think theres some secret pre-estate sale blackmarket doings