(am i) welcome 2 detroit???

stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
sorry dilla disciples...heading to detroit next week for a day or two from toronto... any local heads have tips about visiting your fair city...not really looking for records. just a nice winter day, decent bar perhaps, eats...anything i should look out for???crazy buildings???my friend on the west coast wants me to take snaps of this one if possible...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Central_Station

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    crazy buildings???

yeah...like hundreds...

Forgotten Detroit

Detroit Ruins

Fabulous Ruins of Detroit

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    There is an insanely dope soul food restaurant in Cork Town. Can't remember the name of it... Perhaps a Detroiter can chime in.

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    thanks fellas...
    def be interested in that soul food resto and any other suggestions...

• read this:
    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/01/detroit-design-guide.html#comments

slows is the spot in corktown.

old miami, honest johns, the bronx, magestic -- all decent watering holes, just depends on how clean you like your bathrooms.

the mayor's gonna go to jail, soon.

oh, and watch yr back -- some friends (locals) got they shit took last night at gunpoint two blocks from the crib.

thanks for the look out...
    excellent stuff to peruse on that link... sorry to hear about yer friends...
    hope to avoid that type of action...

• not really looking for records.

Dont know your situation but there are some super great record spots, some of which keep kinda late hours and well worth the time/finds ratio. At the very least if you like records stop by people's to talk shop with some cool locals and find some shit.

not really looking for records.

Dont know your situation

broke mostly. lol...

there are some super great record spots, some of which keep kinda late hours and well worth the time/finds ratio...

rad, feel free to hit me on the PM or up here if you want (love late hours spots). i do have a few specific things to accomplish, but sure there'll be some free time. never been to detroit so i'm stoked...

At the very least if you like records stop by people's to talk shop with some cool locals and find some shit.

this has been recommended to me and i def plan to stop by...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    if you've got some time to kill I highly recommend John K. King Used Books.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    There is an insanely dope soul food restaurant in Cork Town. Can't remember the name of it... Perhaps a Detroiter can chime in.

Slows BBQ?