Who's a good drummer now?

2»

Comments

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Big co-sign on John Stanier. I'd add Des Kensel of High on Fire to the list, as well as this dude:

Not only is Brann Dailor of Mastodon an amazing drummer, but he gets extra props for having a Randy Rhoads-themed kit!

• Kensuke Okuse of Osaka Monaurail. Definetely the best new drummer I've seen. I've rarely witnessed a drummer playing with such ease and understatement, yet all the way in the pocket and funky as hell.

• And wubwub, if you made that snare....hats off. Beautiful sound.

He does play our snares but not sure if it was the one in the youtube video. To hear my snares go to the Sounds Page on our site

(end blatant self promotion)

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    By far the funnest drummer to watch in the entire world

Robert Ellis, Bert Gairbay...

• tim daisy from Vandermark 5 gets my vote:

yeah! thanks for the vid. have you checked out vandermark's 'powerhouse sound'? i've been listening to the chicago/oslo breaks for awhile now, so good.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Lotsa drummers in this thread are making unlistenable music..

Sorry fellas

Dropping quiet shit

Oh give it a rest man.

- spidey

I'm surprised my cheek didn't hit you from here, considering how far in it my tongue was. Lighten up webslinger.

• dude on the left:

Photobucket

and this young brother right here:

Photobucket

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    Manu Katch??:

• samuel fogarino (interpol)

• yeah! thanks for the vid. have you checked out vandermark's 'powerhouse sound'? i've been listening to the chicago/oslo breaks for awhile now, so good.

powerhouse sound is . I regret not making the effort to see them while I was in Europe last year.

my favorite Tim Daisy recording (and probably one of my favorite jazz discs in general) is this one by Dragons 1976 (Ajemian/Daisy/Shelton):

I would love to see this become available on vinyl.

• dude on the left:

Photobucket

Willie McNeal - hell yeah! What's he doin' these days?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    And also Jeff Logan. Hats off for the soft batch. Dropping quiet shit:

just dropped in to say thats wack.

kthxbye

• Teppo Makynen aka Teddy Roks from Five Corners Quintet. Great band, fantastic drummer and a very funny guy!
    Saw them live about 2 years ago and dude was smokin' on those pots and pans!

Oh yes, Makynen is amazing and very versatile!

• Haven't seen Susie Ibarra mentioned yet.