The Internets VS Scientology - Who wins???

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Battle of the Century??? My money is on the Internet. But I bet Tom is not going down without a fight.

Comments

• dude it's a series of tubes.

I will henceforth refer to the internet/interwebs as the innertubes.[/b]

I suggest everyone do the same.

• Battle of the Century???

My money is on the Internet. But I bet Tom is not going down without a fight.

Could it be that that guy is shorter[/b] than Tom Cruise? Is Scientology the religion of space midgets, or what?

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    My money is on nothing at all. It's pointless this "war" on Scientology but it's entertaining so I'm not hating.

• where are the German strutters to weigh in here?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    where are the German strutters to weigh in here?

what's up with the hatt on germans lately?

• where are the German strutters to weigh in here?

???

no I'm asking because Scientology is actually ILLEGAL in Germany.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Agreed. But I had to laugh when I started seeing shit on this in the mainstream media.

It's not everyday I get to hear our hot reporter talking about this stuff. I had Third World - Now that we found love playing in the background and I heard her say "Are hackers of the world uniting to bring down Scientology?"

Looking over 4chan and a few other spots, those silly scientologist got a few people riled up.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i finally saw the video today and i feel validated because i've always thought Tom Cruise sucked bigtime. i've been talking about his one dimensional acting abilities since as long as i can remember and this video only confirms my suspicion that tom cruise is playing himself in nearly most of the movies i've seen him in. dude has no depth and makes me cringe which he tries to feign compassion in his roles; he's consistently comes off as weirdly vacant to me in movies even when he's not supposed to be. i think people think he's a good actor because he is in some respected movie. i liked Collateral but when he's explaining how to listen to jazz to jamie foxx it's so embarrassing because he's snapping his fingers and you are supposed to believe this is a hitman that has a bit of soul/depth/spirituality in him and he's a freaking robot. the most convincing roles he plays are when i think he is being himself like when everyone gave him props for his performance in Magnolia but i see that same vile self-important guru "i have the power to help you feeble minded" characteristics in the scientology video as in that role. that video isn't surprising at all, but i'm amused that the notoriously litigious & smear-campaigniest church of scientology can't bring this video down. scientology is fascinating.

all that said, his movies crack me up because he is so bad. when he pretends to be stoned in eyes wide shut, i died. so funny. and controller7 turned me on vanilla sky a few years ago. cruise in that movie reminds me of cruise in that scientology video

FIDELIO, BITCHES!

• h8r

• Scientology.

Apparently they're the authority on pretty much anything.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Scientology.

Apparently they're the authority on pretty much anything.

"...if you pause it just right, you can see his penis..."

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

???

oh... sorry

i don't know if it is illegal. there's a whole scientology house in my old home town. but people used to smash their windows all the time. i think there was a big issue about the scientology center in berlin. a huge building. reporters that tried to film the building were immediately followed by scientologists. some scary scenes on tv.

• Knowing a couple of actors, I've seen over the years what Scientology does to people. It's not pretty.

From http://www.dougpayne.com/intervws.htm

Down Beat: May 1980

NEWS: "Szabo Sues Scientology" - Breaking three years of what must have appeared to be some sort of self-imposed silence, Gabor Szabo's name appeared again in the American jazz press for his $21 million suit against L. Ron Hubbard's Church of Scientology and Vanguard Artists International. Filed on February 5, 1980, Szabo's suit charged the church and Vanguard with misappropriation of funds, miscalculation of fees, financial coercing and failure to pay Szabo's taxes. The guitarist joined L. Ron Hubbard's Church of Scientology in early 1978, organizing charity concerts for Narconon, a rehabilitation division of Scientology. Narconon was clearly what brought Szabo, a heroin addict for more than a decade, to the church. On November 17, 1978, he signed with Vanguard Artists International, a management agency reputedly affiliated with the church and directed by the popular jazz keyboardist and prominent Scientologist Chick Corea. Szabo soon became disillusioned and clearly felt betrayed. He told friends, "they're turning me into a zombie." He filed the multi-million dollar suit against the church and Vanguard (on behalf of himself and others, some reports have indicated) on February 5, 1980, but the suit failed to survive arbitration and was dropped early the following year.

• yeah germany is really up on scientology, most place won't acknowledge it as a religion but will tolerate it to some degree, the germans however just take the 'its a cult now f*ck off!' line which is excellent!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Battle of the Century???

My money is on the Internet. But I bet Tom is not going down without a fight.

I would so love this to happen, but Anon got all pissy with Fox News, and posted one of those youtube videos, but then nothing?? Hoperfully this time they'll stop fapping for long enough to actually do something.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Anyone see one of the protests happening today?

As for the rest of the 'war' it looks like Scientology is winning, their site is no longer down, and most of the 'chan' sites about it are / or now deny any involvement.

Fail?

or

Win?

• Scientology scares me.

• that video is Frickin' scary!! whats the deal behind it? who is that protagonist.

is Scientology big in the UK?? or anywhere outside of the US? i am not up this rubbish.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Scientology scares me.

Interbulate? WTF does that mean?

"you're interbulating people"

• Scientology scares me.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=interbulate

• Scientology scares me.

These guys all look like ex-junkies.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Scientology scares me.

Yeah..

I hate when people be interbulating and shit...

• Scientology scares me.

Yeah..

I hate when people be interbulating and shit...

7:20 into it is classic. Half of this is funny, half is scary. I'm not fully convinced this is real though.

• Scientology scares me.

• that video is Frickin' scary!! whats the deal behind it? who is that protagonist.

is Scientology big in the UK??

not really, but they didn't open a place up in London and now Manchester it appears...

Its good to see the Kremlin is giving them some stick though as they're

on the face of it they're cunts

• here is some background
    http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/PROJECT_CHANOLOGY

here are the "secret" documents they supposedly found. weird stuff for sure.
    http://random.menthix.net/secretdox.rar

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

???

oh... sorry

i don't know if it is illegal. there's a whole scientology house in my old home town. but people used to smash their windows all the time. i think there was a big issue about the scientology center in berlin. a huge building. reporters that tried to film the building were immediately followed by scientologists. some scary scenes on tv.

scientology is NOT illegal in Germany, but it??s certainly unpopular and the intelligence services check what they do. Their new center in Berlin is crazy, it??s close to a university and these dudes approach pretty much anyone who comes close. I watched a weird breakdance like performance to ambient music of three guys in front of the building a couple of weeks ago. hilarious!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i want to be a tiger thruster.

and i love how the concept of 'take a walk' warrants a diagram.