• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    What is that song at 43:00?

Laurene Lavallis - 'key to our love' - Tronic

The joint that comes in at 18:30

Jelly - 'everybody needs lovin now's the time' - FuJa

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    Aaron Arnderson JR.!!!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Breakshelf: number one in alphabetical order and number one in our hearts. Thanks fellas.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    What is that song at 43:00?

Laurene Lavallis - 'key to our love' - Tronic

woah thanks. It's ungoogleable too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    why there is not a bean in a bean pie

Project Blowed-related.

Website looks great, by the way.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Alright Jonny STOP PLAYIN! The joint that comes in at 18:30 just MADE MY FUCKIN DAY!!!

oh yes. I just got to this one and it's straight

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Hearing and watching Breakself play 45s a few months ago at Ivan's is easily one of my highlights of 2007. Completely changed my perspective on record collecting and opened up my mind to a whole new world of music. Don't even get me started on one of the Michigan funk 45s that had me and Ivan buggin for about an hour, or the record that Paychecks needle dropped five times in a row. This guy will play your new favorite song like it's no big deal.

Big ups Aaron, hope you can get that soul night together.

F**KING HELL! The sirens at 36:30!

BEE DOO DAH LOO DOO DAH LOO DEE DAH LOO O DEE!

Saving the best for last, are we?

• man, all this hype has whetted my appetite likea motherfucker!! i shall be checking this mix as soon as i get home from work...

• finally got a moment to listen to this. BIG THANKS.

really feeling the early with the out of tune trumpet.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Mix sounds great at low volume on shitty work computer speakers.

Looking forward to the rewind on full blast at the crib.

Nice work, A-Dubs!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So many great songs, can honestly say that I barely know any of the tracks but would happily add all of them to my collection.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    great mix indeed

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Thanks for all the kind words, people. Very happy to hear that some of you are enjoying it. A few words about the mix:

This was something I dropped off at Good Records during a trip to NY in the Fall of 2006. This was before my first semester of grad school, and, therefore, before I lost my motivation to do anything. I think it's pretty clear that there was no type of conceptual arc guiding the track selection - I just felt like sharing a few things I was feeling at the time. All but four tracks came from my collection - "Thoughs Were the Days", for instance, was actually a rip from SoulHawk, Chairman of the Bureau of Better Digging Standards & Practices. In all honesty, when JP asked me if he could host the mix, I had no idea what tracks were on it. Records Are People Too is like the generic name of pretty much every random mix I hand out. Listening to the songs now...Wow! Some of these rips are awful. No type of volume consistency either - sounds like I'm switching b/w ESPN and BET every other song. Most of the tracks are pretty rare I guess, especially if you live outside of Detroit.

I still owe several of you copies of my other mix. I'll try to get on that this weekend. I suck.

Sorry for being such an asshole, ***y. I'll make it up to you.

• well-played, aaron!

reminiscent of one "california montage," but without all that gnasty gnorthern.

gnasty gnorthern.

lol

great selection breaksheezie!!!

• In all honesty, when JP asked me if he could host the mix

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    "Thoughs Were the Days", for instance, was actually a rip from SoulHawk, Chairman of the Bureau of Better Digging Standards & Practices.

Dear Chairman,

I humbly petition you to improve my digging standards and practices, and with this objective in mind, would ask that the bureau releases further info regarding "Those Were The Days".

it got comped on a Numero CD

a couple of the other things on there are/were slated for an upcoming Wax Poetics Detroit Soul comp

• Soulhawk with teh throwback avatar!

Go Go Gadget Turbolister!!!

---

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

"I'll getchoo Gaaadget!"

• Hmmm, I thought that might be you getting ready to watch a remote cruise missle hit Funkyou's car

• all you folks asking for DL links need to learn yourself some Tools > View Source (at least in firefox) and get your html-code-link-hunting on...

anyway thanks again breakself and johnny, this mix will be getting me through work this weekend.

Hmmm, I thought that might be you getting ready to watch a remote cruise missle hit Funkyou's car

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    all you folks asking for DL links need to learn yourself

http://www.downloadhelper.net/

• - selection Breakshelves; loving it!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    This came up in the shuffle today and I thought it deserved a little