Why were there no 2007 Strut Awards????

Comments

• I think a highlight of this year is when Malus Arnea was shook that he coudn't post as "SPIDEY". And then the person that's actually registered under the name "Spidey" chimed in on some "I GOT YOUR NAME, WHAT BITCH!". I believe it was dude first and lost poast

What about best P.M.?[/b]

I gave some serious "winners" in my inbox (euuuuuuckgh)

The boy obscure_addict's got that one sewn up.

What you know about best soulstrut-related text, though?

Hey. It P*****k. Im at a house party. Quest love is playing.

real world drunken moves texting related.

i think we should put some P.M.'s on blast

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I may be creepy, but at least I don't sign my posts '- spidey'.

Can you just go back to lurking, k thx puto.

- spidey

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i think we should put some P.M.'s on blast

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    yea - by the way....signing your posts sucks dog balls.

Your posts don't need a signature to suck dog balls.

And we have a last minute entry for Best Zing...though I still ride for JLR:

Rockadelic, clarifying YoungPhonic's bust on yuchi:

It was a crack about dude's mother and sister and giant phallic symbols more than Asian racism.

JLR, responding to Rockadelic:

Rock, don't come here talking like Walt Whitman, those were giant wood dicks, not "symbols"

JLR is the funniest mofo on the Strut, last year and every year.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

JLR is the funniest mofo on the Strut

He and the one RossHogg get the most laugh out louds from me.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Best location provider - izm707?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I think a highlight of this year is when Malus Arnea was shook that he coudn't post as "SPIDEY". And then the person that's actually registered under the name "Spidey" chimed in on some "I GOT YOUR NAME, WHAT BITCH!". I believe it was dude first and lost poast

Registered in '03 and, to this day, only one post.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I think a highlight of this year is when Malus Arnea was shook that he coudn't post as "SPIDEY". And then the person that's actually registered under the name "Spidey" chimed in on some "I GOT YOUR NAME, WHAT BITCH!". I believe it was dude first and lost poast

That killed me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

What are the categories?

deejery of the year

HEMOL is the '07 Roookie of The Year.

Cloudicorns??

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

That killed me.

Yep. That to me was the thread of the year. I haven't laughed that hard at a thread in a long time. Its brilliant on so many levels.

And for some un-fathomable reason I'm starting to enjoy Deej's posts. I find him funny now, and I hate myself for it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

What are the categories?

deejery of the year

That would be the heteronormative pick, anyway. Way to stay comfortably within the paradigm, Batmon.

MVP (Most Valuable Poster) - Frank, no one brings more to the table and gets more bang per post.

Most Record Knowledge - Pickwick not even close.

Best Radio Show Link-up - Soul On Ice

Biggest Right Wing Kool-Aid Drinker - Dolo

Biggest Left Wing Kool-Aid Drinker - 50 way tie

Most Likely To Get Their Ass Kicked While Traveling Abroad - Brian

Strutter To Whom I Owe The Biggest Favor Right Now - CoolChris

Strutter I'd Want On MY Side In A Bar Brawl - Hook-Up

Canadian Strutter Of The Year - Tuneup (He bought me a steak dinner)

Non-U.S. Strutter Of The Year - Whomever comments least on U.S. Politics

Strutter Of The Year - The Non (Let's see someone try to top his rap in 2008)

Strutter Most Likely To Be Abducted By Aliens And Given An Anal Probe - Harvey Canal

Strutter Most Likely To Be Hit On The Most in 2008 - Bizzo (It's that newly married smell)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Soul Strut Lifetime Achievement Award in the area of Bootstrapping: Rockadelic[/b]

I'll nominate:

Comeback player of the year: DizzyBull
    Most outlandish sports predictions: EdPowers for his work in the NFL thread
    Best album: DJ Day - The Day Before (although I guess this could be considered a best-of comp?)
    Best turn of phrase: "Quietly shitting on"

Soul Strut Lifetime Achievement Award in the area of Bootstrapping: Rockadelic[/b]

I thought you knew I wore clown shoes?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Strutter Most Likely To Be Hit On The Most in 2008 - Bizzo (It's that newly married smell)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Strutter Most Likely To Be Abducted By Aliens And Given An Anal Probe - Harvey Canal

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

What are the categories?

deejery of the year

That would be the heteronormative pick, anyway. Way to stay comfortably within the paradigm, Batmon.

Hetero-what??? Talk to me like you have a beer in your hand. Me No understand.

What are the categories?

deejery of the year

Hetero-what??? Talk to me like you have a beer in your hand. Me No understand.

It's a reference to a contender for Anitcon thread of the year.

You may remember it as the one that began:

Quietly shitting on the world of "real hip hop". The amazing and singular skills of Anticon's Jel

Shortly thereafter, someone began throwing around the term "solipsism".

Then this happened:

After a few pages of build-up, Hemol dropped this gem, intent on proving his eloquence:

If people don't cosing they fail to see the forest for the trees, but I'm not expecting people to cosign, because this is soulstrut, and Jel is not a part of the canon around here. However he is on the fringe of acceptable.

Whether or not this is next level is debatable, but this is definitely the kind of practice that leads to next levelry, which is what everyone--a group that surprisingly includes you--fails to see. Putting a rubber band on a turntable does not have much more to it than what you get out of it in the first five minutes. What Jel is doing opens doors for new musical means that are potentially infinite.

The nature of the sampler is that of infinite musical potentiality[/b]. Any sound that exists, including Numark's rubber band performance, can be put into a sampler. As soon as a sound is put into a sampler the sound's parameters of permutation[/b] are extended well beyond their original state. A sampler can time stretch, pitch shift, alter dynamics, alter attack, alter decay, alter frequency coloration through filtering, create counterpuntal compositions through sequencing, ad infinitum[/b]. What Jel is doing explores what is achievable through a real time sampler repertoire, whereas the rest of the world uses the sampler to create archives that are played back at a later date. And, for the record, that mpc video that you posted is pure garbage and antics, and could not hold a candle to Jel. It exemplifies your incorrect, and ill formed critique of Jel: dude is playing the pads as if they were drum heads (Jel chops the break to the pads).

You seem to be taking the proverbial heteronormative position[/b] (in an academic sense); no room for innovation, or difference when what we are doing works fine. Regardless of what you may think, I know that Jel's work bears more severity[/b] in the work of musical innovation and resuscitation than most of the rest of the planet. He should be posting videos to youtube so that people will try and learn to do what he does, and build off of that, instead of learning to play the same old instruments that have been taught in stuffy rooms with grey walls for centuries. Unlike other instruments there are no tutorials for doing what Jel does, there are no paradiddles[/b] for pads 2 and 3, there are no books to consult, et cetera.

The term "paradigm" was later bandied about as well.

Then DigDug summed it up thusly:

I think we need a "hemol" graem thats Damon Wayans' character from In Living Color who used all the big words incorrectly

If you wanna be a nerd you need to hit the books, son!

And I laughed.

• Hemol is no rookie. He was on this board pre-crash, as the one called "Noth".

He predates like 75% of this thread

Rookie Of The Year goes to Great_Blue_Hills!

Hemol is no rookie. He was on this board pre-crash, as the one called "Noth".

He predates like 75% of this thread

Rookie Of The Year goes to Great_Blue_Hills!

Awwww. You're just saying that ???cause I happen to be in the room. Still, thank's!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i agree!!

thank's!

aren't you a writer?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

That killed me.

Definitely got my card pulled on that one. That had to be somebodys Alias right? I'm still wondering about that one.

- spidey

i agree!!

thank's!

aren't you a writer?

Also a reference, this time to an early contender for Most Ironic Post of 2008, from the "Plaese to limit Hoosier Daddy's poasting" thread:

1 new thread per day?

1 new poast per day?

Thank you plaese yes.

POAST?

PLAESE?

Learn how to spell and make sense,before you make dumb post

I haven't made dumb post/reply on here,so why you all up in my business like that

Keep my name out ya mouth

Thank's!

Maybe my references are too inside?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

This graemlin is awesome. GBH, what's the backstory on this one?

• Strutter I'd Want On MY Side In A Bar Brawl - Hook-Up

HA! Just caught this...Im sure my working security at the Wreck Room in Fort Worth for a spell will help if I am ever called to duty...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    POAST?

PLAESE?

Learn how to spell and make sense,before you make dumb post

I haven't made dumb post/reply on here,so why you all up in my business like that

Keep my name out ya mouth

Thank's!

HAHAHAH! no, i remember.

I believe that's one of Dollar Bin's from one of the Wire threads. It's Herc paraphrasing one of his lines from the Season 5 premiere. I actually dropped 'I put the "B" in subtle' in a meeting the other day to a great response. It goes over well with the literary set.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

I believe that's one of Dollar Bin's from one of the Wire threads. It's Herc paraphrasing one of his lines from the Season 5 premiere. I actually dropped 'I put the "B" in subtle' in a meeting the other day to a great response. It goes over well with the literary set.

Thanks. I should have known that it was a Wire dude. He looked familiar, but I couldn't remember if it was a picture of a Strutter or an avatar.

I feel like an idiot asking this, but does it mean one is being really subtle or is it used ironically to mean completely non-subtle?

I feel like an idiot asking this, but does it mean one is being really subtle or is it used ironically to mean completely non-subtle?

It hasn't really been used much, so I think it's still wide open. I use it as the former.