Roger Linn + Dave Smith = Linn Drum II

thedailyhustlethedailyhustle 151 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
analog versiondigital versionmore info here:http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products/linndrum2/index.shtmldiscuss...

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'm real excited to test one of these out when they're released. The pricing is pretty reasonable as well.

• Talked to Dave Smith about this at NAMM. I have submitted feedback to Roger Lynn as well for it. I think it shall be the truth. Disappointed in no digital in and out though...

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Disappointed in no digital in and out though...

• analog version

OWWAH! (c) Prince

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    What does it do? Is it like an mpc with drum sounds in it?

• What does it do?

gives me an especially stiff erection

• What does it do? Is it like an mpc with drum sounds in it?
    its a drum machine based on sound synthesis. Electro beast. No sampling capabilities, just drum sounds n sequencing. Should be optimized for live performance

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    No sampling capabilities
    actually

* Stereo inputs for sampling, audio processing or triggering sounds.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this thing is amazing but i wish it would be coming out sooner. 1k street for the digital and 1.5k for the analog is sooooooooooo good.

• Not electro at all. Straight up sampling drum machine. The knobs on the left of the Dave smith version are a series of insane filters and oscillators, all with knobs, that you can route your sampled sounds through. Solid State memory for your samples too and according to Dave, more sampling time than you would need.

Oh hell yes.

• Did I mention DSP chips with reverb and efx?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    The knobs on the left of the Dave smith version are a series of insane filters and oscillators, all with knobs, that you can route your sampled sounds through.

Oh hell yes.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i wanna see what the sequencer is like although i'm sure it's going to be good. and i'm still amazed at the prices they are being introduced at. shows you how much akai marks up their garbage

• So is the analog version a full out synth plus a drum machine??? I'm a bit confused, sounds like it is and somewhat based on the prophet synth. At any rate this is pretty exciting, you could get pretty creative with this. Nice price too.

• Not electro at all. Straight up sampling drum machine. The knobs on the left of the Dave smith version are a series of insane filters and oscillators, all with knobs, that you can route your sampled sounds through. Solid State memory for your samples too and according to Dave, more sampling time than you would need.

Oh hell yes.
    damn. My bad i didnt realize that. And i started the thread! oops. Ill have to read up more

• the truth

or at least the coolest decoy shell fanciness evar...

*nsfw gear pron!*

• so, if I'm reading this right, the digital version is exclusively a sample-based drum machine, where as the analog has synth architecture in addition to sampling capabilities?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    damn if only the could have made the screen smaller

• Now that i know it has inputs for sampling and reading the full specs for the analog version i will definately be pinching pennies for the piggy bank to pick this thing up when it drops. I have been wanting a DSI synth for a while now, but this is more my steez. I think the BoomChick was rumored to be be synth only so thats where my misconception came from..

thanks to whoever corrected me, , i was