Why do foreigners comment on American elections?

124»

Comments

• All I've gathered from this thread so far is that foreigners have a false sense of entitlement that makes them feel that it's okay to comment on American politics. I have not read a single concrete point that has convinced me otherwise.

If the consequences of American politics just affected Americans alone, and didn't for instance mean that I, a non-American citizen, was subject to things like random police searches when I want to use public transport in a city over 5000 miles from Washington, I probably wouldn't give much of a fuck about it either, largest English-speaking democracy in the world or not.

no offense dude but I'm pretty sure the searches you are subject to are a direct result of people trying to blow you guys up also.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Maybe you'd like to have foreigners move to another planet and only comment on elections on their own planet?

No, that would drive the costs of outsourcing American jobs for American products way up. I mean, the shipping alone would be totally cost-prohibitive. The entire industry of exploitation/sweatshops/child labor would be ruined. America can't have that. We just need you to shut up and get back to work.

Did that just happen?

Nah, dummy, it's been happening for a long-ass time.... you didn't know?

Swing and a miss. Shall I put it on a tee for you?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I can't believe you guys are taking this thread seriously.

You sound trite.

• Maybe you'd like to have foreigners move to another planet and only comment on elections on their own planet?

No, that would drive the costs of outsourcing American jobs for American products way up. I mean, the shipping alone would be totally cost-prohibitive. The entire industry of exploitation/sweatshops/child labor would be ruined. America can't have that. We just need you to shut up and get back to work.

Did that just happen?

aww shit! nice graemlin, dude.... who is that, btw?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Maybe you'd like to have foreigners move to another planet and only comment on elections on their own planet?

Did that just happen?

Not sure where that graemlin came from, actually. Probably one of Dollar Bin's creations. I'd credit it to Controller7, but it's small and doesn't unfold in three acts. Unlike, say, this one:

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Did that just happen?

I believe it was made because he boinks , and she got pregz and is engaged/married to him..i think, i have no clue, really..

Fran??ois-Henri Pinault??

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    All I've gathered from this thread so far is that foreigners have a false sense of entitlement that makes them feel that it's okay to comment on American politics. I have not read a single concrete point that has convinced me otherwise.

If the consequences of American politics just affected Americans alone, and didn't for instance mean that I, a non-American citizen, was subject to things like random police searches when I want to use public transport in a city over 5000 miles from Washington, I probably wouldn't give much of a fuck about it either, largest English-speaking democracy in the world or not.

no offense dude but I'm pretty sure the searches you are subject to are a direct result of people trying to blow you guys up also.

Oh, no doubt. In fact, motherfuckers have been trying to blow us up for years, but we'd finally managed to sit down with the IRA and get all that shit sorted out (kinda). And whilst I'm not going to say that Iraq and all that is the only reason that we Brits now find ourselves having to navigate our way through a whole load of new bullshit, the fact that we do can almost certainly be considered, although not exclusively, to be an "indirect effect" of the last two American elections.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    i'll agree that the U.S. is far from exemption of the world's scrutiny but i wonder if some of these people should look in their own backyards. no country on this planet is remotely perfect.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Australia: good in wars but every couple of words they string together sounds like a question?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I can't believe you guys are taking this thread seriously.