Monday Finds... Yay.

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Missed my tram home, decided to kill some time in the store over the road.Glad i did.And these two were last friday with FejMelba: doubles of each so we got to share. aint that special.

Comments

• And these two were last friday with FejMelba: doubles of each so we got to share. aint that special.

its special that you shared

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

And these two were last friday with FejMelba: doubles of each so we got to share. aint that special.

sounds like the begining of a great sleepover

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

He is special.

• are any of those bollywood soundtracks any good ?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    are any of those bollywood soundtracks any good ?

In my opinion, yes. there was a crate of maybe fifty or so, i listened to every one (love having the store to myself) and these were my picks.

Im listening now.

Happy happy.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    are any of those bollywood soundtracks any good ?

In my opinion, yes. there was a crate of maybe fifty or so, i listened to every one (love having the store to myself) and these were my picks.

Im listening now.

Happy happy.

I've heard Anita, Blackmail, and Qurbani and thought they were all top-notch. Great finds!

• skattaskatta 48 Posts

Found this at a thrift today. Anyone got any info on this group? It's all covers, mostly some Gamble and Huff stuff and there's a couple of Barry White songs as well. Sounds nice.

• Yeah, so I went to an antique store today on my lunch break and copped one of these!

with a few other decent pieces...It's VG- though, but I'm not complaining. I only paid $2.50 for it!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    whoa. nice

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Here are a few recent pieces

That Caroline Peyton was much better than I thought it was going to be. The Bruton LP is the Brian Bennett Album that later was released as "Voyage" (thanks Pencilface). That Tommy Jones "Bow Legs" is a double, so hollarate if you need it.

Grabbed that Jackie and Roy after hearing good things about it on Waxidermy. Paul Owens and the Capitol Star City Singers is a really great gospel album that should get way more shine.

Yma Sumac psych album is a Frickin' mind melter. got a sealed copy and popped it open as son as I got near a turntable.

Grabbed that Joe Simon on the strength of Pickwick's knowledge drop. All the tracks are pre LP 45s from the early to mid 60's. Bobby Bland's "Spotlighting the Man" is another one of those albums I passed countless times for no reason at all, I'm glad I finally took a chance.

and a big thank you to Las Vegas' own John Doe (AKA Doeizm) for hooking it up with this

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Yeah, so I went to an antique store today on my lunch break and copped one of these!

with a few other decent pieces...It's VG- though, but I'm not complaining. I only paid $2.50 for it!

nice lil come up

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    The keepers from the last week or so.
    Some in the field, couple in a trade and the Errol Scorcher for cheapsies
    off Ebay.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    brister is my shit! caroline peyton has an amazing voice.

• THAT JOHN DOE GUY MUST BE A REALLY GREAT PERSON. THAT MARVIN HOLMES IS INCREDIBLE.
    LUCKEEEEE!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

He is special.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dudes
    already found mad stuff this weekend that annette funicello lp I always wanted..who got a METERS s/t cover for me, please? Seeds, Hi-Five moder soul, fugs, cannonball zodiac, pookah s/t mad stuffs...

today, highlights:

ALEXANDER LONGRIFLE - SPIRITS (oh yes, I've had the best of, signed of course, for a while but now the SPIRITS is melting my face, dude is da bomba for weird musix that sux)

Daly Wilson Big Band - oh yes, finally in da field coppeth

Les De Merle - Spectrum (finally, after Aleit copped from a stack while we were digging a few years ago heh)

Wire - Pink Flag (Elastica got nuthin on 'em)

Sun Ra - Space is the Place og gatefold

Omnibus s/t
    Southwind s/t
    Morning Glory - Two Suns Worth
    The Family Tree - Miss Butters
    Black Bach - Lamont Dozier
    Joe Marillo Quartet - Lady Caroline
    Jon Lucien - Rashida
    The Care - first appearance of one young eddie vedder
    Larkin Wind Sung Songs
    Sweet Desolation blvd
    Sonic Youth NYC ghosts (sealed, mint anyone need a copy?)
    Portishead s/t (sealed, mint anyone need a copy?)
    Slipknot - Iowa, Sum 41, (sealed mint hahahahahahaa)

and so many more moder, latin, and private that I haven't even peeped out yet

more tomorrow

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Nice. Love to have a copy of that someday.