Recommend me a good DJ Mixer

13»

Comments

• i don't want to hijack this thread but i'm actually also in the "i need a new mixer" situation... b, 21b, 21i had this one... b, 21b, 21img src="http://thewallpapers.narod.ru/archive07/ecler_smac_pro20_dj_mixer.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21bought it used for $80 (but was like new) 2 yrs ago and now i have a strange buzz tone on one channel (phono only, line in sounds perfect)... b, 21i tried lots of things but it won't disappear...b, 21b, 21now i saw that one, used (but like new) at about $250:b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.houseofsound.ch/shop_images/articles/NUO20.jpg"1b, 21b, 21does some have any experience with that NUO 2? b, 21b, 21i also had the older model, before smac 20 which was okay for many years...b, 21b, 21many thanks for the help.b, 21b, 21cheers, rainer

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So obviously you're looking for a 2 channel mixer that's good for scratching, am I correct? My advice would be to save up some extra money and get the Rane TTM-56. That's real talk man.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21So obviously you're looking for a 2 channel mixer that's good for scratching, am I correct? My advice would be to save up some extra money and get the Rane TTM-56. That's real talk man.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21thanks! well, i'm not doing much scratching, dj tricks... sometimes i try when i dig out some rap records! so 99% of the time i'm just playing (net radio etc.) one track after the other, not mixing them! 2 channels are perfect & it needs to me small! i'm curious if that NUO2 is a good one...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I honestly don't know but I do know the Rane is a tank and will last you many, many years. The philosophy of "Buy cheap, buy twice" and all that...

• I'm please with my rane 56 but if I had extra loot I would also want to mess with the 800 fo sho..... More so than the 57. Oh yeah A Trak scratches on a 800, but he could probably cut on a rusted out realistic mixer soooo....b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    AAAA-Train!!!! I wonder if that 800 has a pro-x fader in it or some other cf mod.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't know what kind of fader it has but it's really good.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    If EFX are really important, the Pioneer is worth looking into but if you want just an exceptionally well-made mixer for both mixing and scratching: The Rane 56. b, 21b, 21End of story. Spend the loot, you won't regret it.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21End of story. Spend the loot, you won't regret it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I have the Pioneer 400...Wish I had spent the extra dough for the 56b, 21b, 21Gonna grab the 56...Now I'm spending extra loot. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Questions for 800 users: b, 21b, 211. Have you ever used midi controls to control Microwave?b, 212. How much better is the 800 than a 56 with a efx500 attached?

• As to the Pioneer fader I was told by a Pioneer rep that it was an optical fader when I worked for guitar center. Knowing Pioneer it is certainly not. They like to make people go way out of their way to get the faders when they go bad. Not to mention when you buy Pioneer you pay for the name and the industry standard. I like the 800 twice as much as the others in that series but they do not take much of a beating. I guess they figure if someone spends 15 hundy on a mixer they are going to take care of that shit. As far as wicked mixers Rane, Urie, and Allen & Heath take the cake.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21This is the mixer I had to use on Thursday for the first time... Way too many buttons when you're drunk. However Benny from my crew actually crashed into the turntables, so I guess in comparison I didn't do too bad.
    b, 21
    b, 21- spidey
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21That's Pokey's broke ass joint. Crossfader feels like it's made of Asphalt and Now & Later.b, 21b, 21And F*ck Benny crashing in to shit - dude has no respect for his gear, let alone anyone else's. That's why he always wants to borrow cause he gets too faded.