SNOCAP.... anyone know about this....?

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
and am I totally behind on this one?just bumped into it, and was curious what you all thought. has anyone used this system to sell their music? Curious as to if it might be a way to go about selling some of my stuff.any help, ideas, experiences would be great.Cheers.......

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i use it on my myspace page, its easy and free actually. they used to charge to sign up, but myspace took it over (or partnered or something) recently, and its all good now. they take a cut of each mp3 sold, but you keep all rights and can sell your music any other way you want at the same time.

you sign up on snocap, upload tracks etc and end up with it on your myspace page (if you have one) plus you get code you can paste into any webpage to have your little store cookin.

see mine in action here (i havent put more than my most recent album in it so far) - its right below the player. http://www.myspace.com/karlophone

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i once wanted to buy some mp3's and pay through paypal..but surprise surprise one can only buy tracks if he/she lives in the u.s. and has a credit card.. wtf?

• I wouldn't get too invested with using SnoCap. They're about to fold. Any money you could potentially make through them will be a real struggle to claim once that happens.

Yeah, in theory they have a good idea, but might not be worth the headache in the long run.

Just my $0.02.