Best Random/Golden-era hip-hop DJ

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I know no one cares in the states anymore it seems, but who really brings the heat playing rare hip-hop joints in 2008? Yes I know the term random rap is played out and pretty silly to begin with but it's what people end up calling this stuff.Some obvious favorites:MuroIvory (the Hear no Evil series)K-Prince (I really dig his selection)Shadow (There are some unbelievable dope joints on both diminishing returns and Funky Skunk)Find me some mixtapes to cop.

Comments

• Try some of the following, DJ Shige, DJ Koco , DJ Azeez and of course DJ Sloppy White !!!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Koko is crazy. His mixes are great. Sloppy White's mixes are essential. Ivory's mixes are a real education. All them schitts is tight.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Also, those DWG dudes. They have all been riding for slept on schitt for years, going back to spinemag - Chr!s & RD - they didn't make mixes, but they brought out a gang of lost classics.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Also, those DWG dudes. They have all been riding for slept on schitt for years, going back to spinemag - Chr!s & RD - they didn't make mixes, but they brought out a gang of lost classics.

Yeah, their site is real well done. Thanks for the recommendations guys, really appreciate it.

• edan

• Also, those DWG dudes. They have all been riding for slept on schitt for years, going back to spinemag - Chr!s & RD - they didn't make mixes, but they brought out a gang of lost classics.

thems the dudes

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    There is this cat from the bay Dj 2Fresh. His tape "Attack of the Killer 4 Track" was a staple in the deck. It's mind blowing on the golden era tip.... I may have to raid the garage and try to find that.

• wass on it?