Hip-Hop artist that deserve more respect..

2»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    B>Jemini the Gifted One[/b]

• gimmick

• DYLON

bwahahaha

• Peter Brown & Tricky Tee

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    not sure how much respect he's currently getting, but zevloveX/Doom should be approaching legend status sometime soon

for getting lip-syncing stunt doubles with metal masks to do his shows for him?

that shit is hellafly in and of itself
    where you one of the salty ones in the audience? where was this, hampshire college or something?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Cold 187um, mos def...Large Pro, CPO, Organized Konfusion, Penthouse Players Clique...

• not sure how much respect he's currently getting, but zevloveX/Doom should be approaching legend status sometime soon

for getting lip-syncing stunt doubles with metal masks to do his shows for him?

that shit is hellafly in and of itself
    where you one of the salty ones in the audience? where was this, hampshire college or something?

Nah, I'm not salty at all. I just think if anything he has tarnished his image over the last 5 years rather than added to his legendary status.

Love the KMD stuff, Operation Doomsday, and some tracks here and there since then, but he has put out a lot of corny projects in my opinion.

Never seen him or one of his impersonators live.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Someone say Madlib, so we can get this started.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

sole

I don't think Sole's a rapper anymore. No hate-I played his new CD on my radio show tonight. It's pretty hard to call it rap.

Really? What would you call it? If you were talking about Why? I could understand, but Sole seems pretty straightforward to me.

I've always thought Phoenix Orion is pretty dope, although he's hit or miss, when the man is on it's pretty crazy.

I used to rade cds with this guy Mad Squirrel from a group called Frest fries Collective, and always thought they were ill.

AWOL and Circus.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some more:

-Godfather Don (dude is craaaaaaazeeee talented!).
    -Junkyard Ju Ju (underrated as an MC).
    -The Dwellas (those cats can rap their asses off; check out "Verbal Slaughter" on Youtube).
    -Inspectah Deck (dudes is my favorite Wu lyricist; incredibe voice too).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• hiptonehiptone 112 Posts
    yes, Prince Poetry, indeed.

and...
    J-Treds

• HamHam 872 Posts

i don't know how much respect he currently gets, but co-sign. godfather don is easily in my top 3 favorite hip-hop artists ever.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i don't know how much respect he currently gets, but co-sign. godfather don is easily in my top 3 favorite hip-hop artists ever.

Who are the other 2?

• -major co-sign on sach and yusef (the unreleased yusef material is @#*@)%!!)
    -dave dub
    -hugh emc
    -king tee
    -ad capone

• HamHam 872 Posts

Who are the other 2?

they're secret.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Yea J-Treds big time. What ever happened to him. I only knew him for his guest spots... what's up?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Smegma In D-Minor
    hahahahaha, that is a brilliant title...

I always liked 'Room to Breathe' by Downtown Science

One of the 3 hip hop rekkids in my entire collection

I have no idea if anyone else in the world likes it.

uhhh....Room To Breathe is a classic.

But i dont think this duo should be placed higher than where they are.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Smegma In D-Minor
    hahahahaha, that is a brilliant title...

I ride for Downtown Science.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Peter Brown & Tricky Tee

Also:

Mr. Magic
    Outlaw Four
    Disco Four

And:

APG Crew (Held it down in Oakland in the late 80s/early 90s)
    DJ Pooh (King Tee doesn't often get his due, but Pooh is mentioned even less often and is a dope producer)
    PHILL MOST CHILL (aka Baritone Tiplove aka Soulman)

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    STETSASONIC
    ABOVE THE LAW
    KING TEE
    BRAND NUBIAN

PRINCE PAUL

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Jihad the Roughneck (Third Sight)

Jihad is dope and a nice guy too!

Smegma In D-Minor is a dope track
    That and Hostage and the other obvious tracks too

I always thought 'Will I get Shot by Dope Fiend' is amazing, his rhymes on that are incredible

Agreed. Did anyone check the album that came out like last year? I was gonna get it, but it completely slipped my mind up till now. Any good? It was called something something liberation army.

PRINCE PAUL

How much more respect does a producer of a album that is consistantly listed as a favorite in any genre of music need? Even if time has hurt the playablility of 3Feet High and Rising, I dont think Prince Paul's legacy had diminished among the music community. Maybe the general public might forget,but his shit still gets played in a "Golden Age" set.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jihad the Roughneck (Third Sight)

Jihad is dope and a nice guy too!

Smegma In D-Minor is a dope track
    That and Hostage and the other obvious tracks too

I always thought 'Will I get Shot by Dope Fiend' is amazing, his rhymes on that are incredible

Agreed. Did anyone check the album that came out like last year? I was gonna get it, but it completely slipped my mind up till now. Any good? It was called something something liberation army.

Symbionese Liberation Army. It was a nice album. I wrote his bio and one-sheet for that one--dude is a really interesting interview.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Lewis Parker

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

-ad capone
    Don't see people give it up for Totally Insane to often. "Direct From the Backstreets" is a personal classic.

• Someone say Madlib, so we can get this started.

MADLIB

• most underrated: KOOL KEITH!